Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Don't call a score pathetic until both teams have batted
  • Anderson will have them 2 or 3 down before close.
  • I blame the ECB for this shambles! Hardly any first class cricket played by many of our team this season so far, as ECB is to busy chasing a quick buck by brining in the very stupid Hundred comp, at the same time as One day cup and T20'S.
    If you play lots of one day cricket and the shots played in those comps,  Championship and Test cricket discipline just doesn't exist.
    It's not fucking rocket science!!
    Some of our batsman haven't played in red ball game for 2 months! 
  • Leuth said:
    Don't call a score pathetic until both teams have batted
    I wouldn't normally, but we lost 7 wickets for 45 runs, which included 3 ducks (not including Burns). These are supposed to be test batsmen, to me that is pathetic. If India collapse like that I'll say so as well, but I fear we are on a tonking and it's due, in my opinion, to poor ECB strategy as far as first class and test cricket is concerned.
  • Think @Addick Addict posted something about the number of red balls the players had faced recently but I just can’t find it  at moment 
  •  Bairstow first red ball game of the season and Curran first since jan according to TMS
  • White ball excellence doesn't preclude Test excellence though. It is extremely possible to focus on both. Rohit Sharma is one of the most violent hitters in world cricket on his day and he's out there looking absolutely solid
  • I can tell you now that is a useless review
  •  Bairstow first red ball game of the season and Curran first since jan according to TMS
    Commentator said Buttler hasn't played proper cricket since February.
    It’s all okay though, we have the 100
  • Sponsored links:

It’s all okay though, we have the 100
    You have to be patient, the excellent youth set ups & academies at the London Skittles, Manchester Dirigibles & Birmingham Rockets will be churning out future test players for years to come….
    Did Commentator mention how many first class games the Indian players have had this summer?  
    Because bairstow is a world class white ball batsman and a dogshit red ball batsman - we dropped Roy like a hot potato when it was clear he couldn’t deploy an effective forward defensive, so why have we given bairstow so many tries? 
    Because bairstow is a world class white ball batsman and a dogshit red ball batsman - we dropped Roy like a hot potato when it was clear he couldn’t deploy an effective forward defensive, so why have we given bairstow so many tries? 
    Not disagreeing, he has had so many chances and isn’t taking them.

the point was that our batsmen do not play enough red ball cricket which is why the test team struggle to score 200.

ih hameed (spelling) played, when was the last county innings he played?

billings (appreciate he isn’t in the squad and shouldn’t be), how many county games as he had this season
    Bairstow is a yorkie ,root is a yorkie and silverwood is a yorkie..just saying 
  • Chizz said:
     Bairstow first red ball game of the season and Curran first since jan according to TMS
    Did Commentator mention how many first class games the Indian players have had this summer?  
    No but I will lay you any odds you like that the Indian players will have played and practiced a lot more red ball than Buttler in that time. Actually I can evidence it if you really want me to.

Look at Buttler's dismissal - 17 balls faced and no runs on the board so he decides to throw his hands at one and nicks off. That is the shot of someone who is feeling scoreboard pressure when that simply shouldn't be the case.

Anyway, I'm now off to watch my son play some County age group red ball cricket. While I still can!!!
  • George Dobell hits the nail on the head:

If you want responsibility, you have to look at Tom Harrison, the ECB chief executive, and the ECB board (including its former chair) which has empowered him to make a series of self-defeating decisions. Harrison, a man who has been seen in public less often than the Loch Ness Monster over the last 12-months, risks being remembered in cricket as Dr Beeching was with railways or Margaret Thatcher was with coal mines. If the policies he is pursuing go unchecked, they could destroy the red-ball game.

But he may have looked around Trent Bridge, noted the packed stands and considered it an excellent day. It's only when they are hit in the pockets that they will realise the folly of what they have done. That day will come but, by then, many of our current administrators will have sailed off into a golden sunset.
    Yes, at £120 a ticket next week I'll be thinking twice about attending future Tests if we're looking so abject.
  • England bowling well without luck. Broad seems to be off the field. Bodes badly
  • Leuth said:
    England bowling well without luck. Broad seems to be off the field. Bodes badly
    With such a pathetic total on the board we have to go searching, a couple more watchful over from this pair and then they can cash in
  • Sponsored links:

If you want responsibility, you have to look at Tom Harrison, the ECB chief executive, and the ECB board (including its former chair) which has empowered him to make a series of self-defeating decisions. Harrison, a man who has been seen in public less often than the Loch Ness Monster over the last 12-months, risks being remembered in cricket as Dr Beeching was with railways or Margaret Thatcher was with coal mines. If the policies he is pursuing go unchecked, they could destroy the red-ball game.

But he may have looked around Trent Bridge, noted the packed stands and considered it an excellent day. It's only when they are hit in the pockets that they will realise the folly of what they have done. That day will come but, by then, many of our current administrators will have sailed off into a golden sunset.
    Yes, at £120 a ticket next week I'll be thinking twice about attending future Tests if we're looking so abject.
    Agreed. £135 for me next Friday, that's a fortune and massively more than I'd spend if I went to a 100 match

Agreed. £135 for me next Friday, that's a fortune and massively more than I'd spend if I went to a 100 match
    Quite right we're also £135 next Friday.
  • I've got ticket for the Oval as they are the replacements for the West Indies Tickets I had. No way i'd pay over £100 all the while we are so abject.
  • 66-0. Oh dear...looks like might be carrying one too many seamers (esp after deciding to not bowl first!)
  • Leuth said:
    Don't call a score pathetic until both teams have batted
    I've seen enough. It was a pathetic score
  • Sharma falls to a short delivery that the commentators have been suggesting for more than an hour.
  • Heading up to Nottingham tomorrow to watch the rain it seems. Got tickets for Friday and Saturday. 
  • edited August 2021
    BREAKING
    Archer out of T20 World Cup and Ashes tour
    England fast bowler Jofra Archer will miss this winter's T20 World Cup and the Ashes in Australia with a stress facture in his right elbow.
    The 26-year-old will not play again this year, instead taking an extended break from cricket, with the injury due to be reviewed in the autumn.
    Even when Archer is fit, it will be for a period of white-ball cricket so his progress can be managed.
    Pace bowler Olly Stone is already an Ashes doubt with a back injury.
    Archer's injury is the latest setback for England, after all-rounder Ben Stokes last week announced he is taking an "indefinite break" from the game to focus on his mental wellbeing.

Quite right we're also £135 next Friday.
    My tickets are £80 Thursday and £60 Sunday. If it lasts till Sunday.