Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    3 things certain in life......

Death
    Tax
    England losing an early wicket.
  • Options
    I'm enjoying Aggers on commentary pronouncing Thakur pretty close to Fucker.

Childish I know.
  • Options
    no spinner for England, excepting Root
    No pace bowler either

Curran is a fairly weak 4th bowler too when you only have 4 main bowlers
    I wouldn't agree that Curran is a weak 4th bowler.
    I'd say he is a very skillful operator and gives England a different option.
    Genuine all rounder. 
  • Options
    Odds on Bairstow being bowled?
    He'd still appeal the twat.
  • Options
    Isn't Hameed in the squad?  Might he have been a better bet than Bairstow given he's been playing red ball cricket?

Could have come in at 3 with Crawley at 4.
  • Options
    Wondering if Lawrence will get to bowl a few
  • Options
    Can’t believe bairstow has clocked up 75 test caps. I reckon about 25-30 of them are completely undeserved imo. 
  • Options
    Kohli did well to hold his nerve and review again there!
  • Options
    I hadn't realised that India have played Jadeja ahead of Ashwin
  • Options
    Root and Bairstow digging us out a little hole here. Root with a classy 50 as ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully Root kicks on from here now he's in, if Lawrence, Buttler & Curran can chip in from there could get a decent score.
  • Options
    Well at least Bairstow wasn't clean bowled...
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Terrible over rate. Only onto the 51st over at tea. Even with an extra 30 mins I doubt that they will get anymore than 82/83 overs in  today.

Time for penalty runs. How about double the run rare for every over lost. So if only 83 over bowled today then England get added 7x (2x2.7= 5.4). Rounded up that would be 38 extra runs.

That would concentrate the minds.
  • Options
    0(18) is pretty special.
  • Options
    Buttler looked a Test player for about two of those 18 balls
  • Options
    Root is carrying this batting line up. Hopefully they bring Hameed and Malan into that top 3 
  • Options
    An all-too-typical Root knock!
  • Options
    getting embarrassing.
  • Options
    5-17.
  • Options
    Urgh, what a crap shot from Mr Twitter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IRedmidland said:
    I blame the ECB for this shambles! Hardly any first class cricket played by many of our team this season so far, as ECB is to busy chasing a quick buck by brining in the very stupid Hundred comp, at the same time as One day cup and T20'S.
    If you play lots of one day cricket and the shots played in those comps,  Championship and Test cricket discipline just doesn't exist.
    It's not fucking rocket science!!
    I've made the same point time and time again. And yet we have an in form red ball batsman who scored a ton against this Indian side a couple of weeks ago who can't get a look in. Why?
  • Options
    Please remind me......is this a ODI, a T20 or a 100 match ?
  • Options
    Awful to watch.We are just abysmal at the moment.India are bowling very well and our batting again as been awful.Watch them make batting look easy and watch us struggle to take wickets.Just not good enough.To many of our players playing are t20 and one day and it shows.Pathetic.
  • Options
    One of those Save Us Jimmy matches again...
  • Options
    Awful to watch.We are just abysmal at the moment.India are bowling very well and our batting again as been awful.Watch them make batting look easy and watch us struggle to take wickets.Just not good enough.To many of our players playing are t20 and one day and it shows.Pathetic.
    Sadly I think you're going to be right, we are playing stupid shots against good bowling, unless we come out firing on all cylinders when they bat I fear we are screwed and it's only day 1.
    We don't even have a settled side with all this rest and replace nonsense!
  • Options
    Sadly I think you're going to be right, we are playing stupid shots against good bowling, unless we come out firing on all cylinders when they bat I fear we are screwed and it's only day 1.
    We don't even have a settled side with all this rest and replace nonsense!
    Its been going on for far to long.And the problem is there isnt any decent batters out there.The top 3 have been to inconsistant and know that even if they dont score runs they will play the next test.Test cricket in England slowly dying and this upsets me.
  • Options
    We are unable to stop a straight ball bowled at the stumps.
  • Options
    We are so so shite 
  • Options
    183 all out.... pathetic!