Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• edited January 2021
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So if we sign Randall which LM do we stick at RM?
    Millar
    But he's a LM isn't he?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So if we sign Randall which LM do we stick at RM?
    Millar
    But he's a LM isn't he?
    Looks to me like the type of player that would be a threat on either wing.
  • Bowyer should look at this window like when he first took over. One eye on next season. Forget plugging holes to try and sneak into the play offs. 
    The type of signings look like long term recruits and that’s great to see. 
  • RedJohn said:
    we will make play offs, dont think Peterboro will, we looked better than them,  why does everybody lose it due to a minor setback.

2 wins in 12 is not a "minor setback". At the end of the season you may find that the 6 game winning run was the aberration and not the norm. This side is not getting top 6. Somewhere around 8th -10th is my bet after 46 games.
    No you are 100% correct THIS side is not getting top 6.

Pearce and Oshilaja and the back does not work, when we get Ryan and Akin back then things will change and if we can get them back soon we may still have a chance of top 6
  • RedJohn said:
    we will make play offs, dont think Peterboro will, we looked better than them,  why does everybody lose it due to a minor setback.

2 wins in 12 is not a "minor setback". At the end of the season you may find that the 6 game winning run was the aberration and not the norm. This side is not getting top 6. Somewhere around 8th -10th is my bet after 46 games.

xG showed we were never top 6. Regression to the mean is just exposing us as we really are and have been the whole season. I've been saying I would be quite happy with new owners and staying up. We got one and I think we will get the other.
  • J BLOCK said:
    mart77 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I didn’t read that as a dig at TS tbh. Think it was just frustration from Bows that it didn’t get done
    But TS will be a big part of any deal that gets done, due to him holding the purse strings. It's either him or Gallen he can be having a go at. 

Strange comment to make either way. 
    I agree. I read that and first thought was who he was having a dig at and it can only be TS, Gallen or Roddy surely.
  • RedJohn said:

No you are 100% correct THIS side is not getting top 6.

Pearce and Oshilaja and the back does not work, when we get Ryan and Akin back then things will change and if we can get them back soon we may still have a chance of top 6
    I still think we will finish 6th. This season has a lot of similarities to the 17/18 team. Akin/Innis and Shinnie are Fosu/Holmes and Clarke.

Still think there is enough poor sides for us to win enough matches to get the 70 points and grab that last play off spot. Question is do I want us to finish us 6th and get outclassed against by the team who finishes 3rd because that experience against Shrewsbury was so miserable it hurt badly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit of a weird comment from Bows , but it could be something like not getting the paperwork in order in time.
  • Perhaps they should place a wage cap on the Premier League. That way Sky would need to invest far less into football coverage, and the lower leagues would have a chance to level out. As it stands they've got it arse about face.
    Yeah I dont really imagine any of those clubs will vote it through, if you've got bags of money you ain't gonna do something which means you can't spend it or compete with teams overseas. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Bit of a weird comment from Bows , but it could be something like not getting the paperwork in order in time.
    If he doesn't arrive in the next 48 hours or in time for saturday, itl certainly appear like unnecessary moaning. 
  • To play last night, when would the paper work need to have been sorted by? 12 noon Monday?

assuming the player and his agent had Sunday off, finalising the paper work Monday morning may have been tight.

if the paper work was sorted and we just took our time then bowyer has the right to be annoyed.

either way, bowyer should have kept his mouth shut. Or put it a different way.... we nearly got one over the line but it didn’t happen, we go again tomorrow and will hopefully have a new signing in the starting 11 for Saturday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    I don't remember him ever really moaning about the shitty hand Duchatelet dealt him. Not publicly anyway.

But I suppose when you look at the players he had back in 2018 they amazingly look vastly better than what we've got now!
  • I don't think the season is over right now, but based on everything I have seen I think we will fall short of the play offs, even if all the players come back and are not injured.
  • This season's over.
    We ain't going up. 
    Rather than make rash decisions now wait until the summer and rebuild the squad 
    Are you joking... We're sixth (albeit just) and we're halfway through the season. Halfway. People have short memories... 
  • This season's over.
    We ain't going up. 
    This is truly pathetic. Sat in 6th place, 6 points off top spot in January and the season's over after a bit of bad form. Come on, cheer up. Bloody hell, we're not in the relegation places!
    Everyone at the top is in and out of form so we're still in the hunt.

If one team, hopefully us, could be consistent then they could run away with this division.
  • felix_31 said:
    This season's over.
    We ain't going up. 
    Are you joking... We're sixth (albeit just) and we're halfway through the season. Halfway. People have short memories... 
    It's not about a short memory, it's about comparing Cullen/Bieliek to Watson/Pratley, and Bauer/Sarr to Pearce/Deji, Taylor to anybody we have now... 

Anybody who thinks we're still in with a shout are delusional given the competition this year. 

That said, I'm not devastated about it, let's begin next year hopefully with Amos/fit Innis/hopefully Ofoborh and Schwartz as our spine and build around it. We were carrying far too much journeyman driftwood and legacy contracts this year to realistically be competitive under the salary cap. 
  • Also a few of the clubs around us are still in the FA Cup and the Pizza Trophy and are a couple of games behind us plus games being called off for Covid.

So maybe a fixture pile up for them at some time.
  • iaitch said:
    This season's over.
    We ain't going up. 
    This is truly pathetic. Sat in 6th place, 6 points off top spot in January and the season's over after a bit of bad form. Come on, cheer up. Bloody hell, we're not in the relegation places!
    Everyone at the top is in and out of form so we're still in the hunt.

If one team, hopefully us, could be consistent then they could run away with this division.
    But there lies the problem.

You say everyone at the top is "in and out of form, 2 wins in 12 is bang out of form, there is no "in form" in our results.

It was not that long ago we were all clutching to the fact we had games in hand, however we have now played more than anybody at the top. Ipswich have 3 games in hand on us,  Accrington have 4 and Sunderland 2 and they are all just behind us. All the teams above us have games in hand on us now as well.

Finally we look nowhere near to putting a "consistent" run together, even when the 2 center halves come back we are woeful in front of goal.
  • Vfrf said:
    felix_31 said:
    This season's over.
    We ain't going up. 
    It's not about a short memory, it's about comparing Cullen/Bieliek to Watson/Pratley, and Bauer/Sarr to Pearce/Deji, Taylor to anybody we have now... 

Anybody who thinks we're still in with a shout are delusional given the competition this year. 

That said, I'm not devastated about it, let's begin next year hopefully with Amos/fit Innis/hopefully Ofoborh and Schwartz as our spine and build around it. We were carrying far too much journeyman driftwood and legacy contracts this year to realistically be competitive under the salary cap. 
    But its pointless comparing our players from that season to this in the sense of actually achieving promotion as the opposition all have different players themselves