Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• edited January 2021
    Thommo said:
    Looks a handful - sign him up. League Two’s answer to Jack Grealish..?

He’s no. 14...

https://youtu.be/cOEX7YXma-U https://youtu.be/-wx6GfZLB3Y
  • RedRobin said:
    Another player that I saw play on loan at Weston-super-Mare (I've posted about Ollie Watkins in the past).

Of all of the Exeter loanees I saw here (a number of them now regulars in the EFL and Watkins in EPL) Randall was the one I was most impressed with.

I love the way he plays. He might be a bit pricey for us though, and I've seen Celtic linked with him.
    Would hope that price isnt really a problem with players now - Guess it just depends how much Sandgaard is willing to spend.

Unless you mean wages? - Not that they would be much of a problem this January either given his age
  • edited January 2021
    RedRobin said:
    Another player that I saw play on loan at Weston-super-Mare (I've posted about Ollie Watkins in the past).

Of all of the Exeter loanees I saw here (a number of them now regulars in the EFL and Watkins in EPL) Randall was the one I was most impressed with.

I love the way he plays. He might be a bit pricey for us though, and I've seen Celtic linked with him.
    Earlier this month it was mentioned that Celtic were preparing a seven figure bid for him so I’m not sure 300k will do it. But that Celtic bid seemingly never materialised. Hopefully somewhere around 500k plus a decent sell on clause could get a deal done.
  • RedRobin said:

Would hope that price isnt really a problem with players now - Guess it just depends how much Sandgaard is willing to spend.

Unless you mean wages? - Not that they would be much of a problem this January either given his age
    It might means some difficult decision in the summer as to whether renew contracts for bigger salary payers, Watson, Pearce, Pratley, Aneke etc but I think it’s a worth taking that risk. I do think we need a younger squad whether we go up or stay in league 1.
  • Sponsored links:

• If you sign a 19/20 year old on a 5 yr contract at, say £6k pw as they fall outside the cap then, when they become of age to be included does their inclusion come at full £6K or at the £2k average given they are already at the club (hope that makes sense!)
    You just risk pissing off the rest of the squad who will be on less, not to mention if they're a flop we're potentially stuck with them 
  • RedRobin said:

I was thinking about the transfer fee (£1m?). If he really is available, he'll have a number of clubs after him and that will push the price up. 

I'm sure TS is willing, but there are going to be limits at this level.
  • RedRobin said:

I was thinking about the transfer fee (£1m?). If he really is available, he'll have a number of clubs after him and that will push the price up. 

I'm sure TS is willing, but there are going to be limits at this level.
    Thomas will only pay what Gallen tells him the lad is worth at the moment.

• Oggy Red said:
    Thommo said:
    I've heard this before some months back.

Wasn't there some talk of our interest towards the end of the last window?

I think you're thinking of his team mate.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randell_Williams
  • Nothing to add except from mentioning I was always a big fan of Matt Taylor. Always hope he does well and would speak about the club in a positive manner if a deal was ever reached with one of his players.
    And Ged Roddy managed Taylor at Team Bath 100 years ago according to wikipedia.
  • edited January 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Thommo said:
    I've heard this before some months back.

Wasn't there some talk of our interest towards the end of the last window?

I think you're thinking of his team mate.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randell_Williams
    No, I don't think it was Randall Williams.

Something about Joel Randall stuck in my memory, so I did a quick CL search. Found this from back in December:

If we are still looking at a Sorba Thomas type player then Joel Randall at Exeter looks a decent prospect. I'm sure Matt Taylor wouldn't sell us a dud!

• If you sign a 19/20 year old on a 5 yr contract at, say £6k pw as they fall outside the cap then, when they become of age to be included does their inclusion come at full £6K or at the £2k average given they are already at the club (hope that makes sense!)
    You just risk pissing off the rest of the squad who will be on less, not to mention if they're a flop we're potentially stuck with them 
    I think the question is that if a youngster is on a contract, what happens next season if he is then of age. Will his wages be the low average or the full amount?
  • I’ll be amazed if either signing comes off as there are bigger fish in for both players, but isn’t it just great that we’re actually looking to sign young and exciting players. 

There needs to be a major gutting of the squad this summer. The likes of Williams, Pearce, Watson, Pratley, Bogle, and potentially a few more will most likely be gone. 

If we can do some of the rebuilding now it saves the massive overhaul next summer.  
    And IF you invest wisely, you can profit by selling and improving young players. Brentford made a big profit from Ollie Watkins (which also benefited Exeter who had a sell on clause)
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler, got a new victim for your dreaded list: :smile:

If we are still looking at a Sorba Thomas type player then Joel Randall at Exeter looks a decent prospect. I'm sure Matt Taylor wouldn't sell us a dud!

• Randall and the Bournemouth lad would be fantastic business 
    Would be a real statement of intent from Thomas. Unfortunately, after years of hurt in January transfer windows, I’m not going to get too excited!
  • edited January 2021
    Redrobo said:
    If you sign a 19/20 year old on a 5 yr contract at, say £6k pw as they fall outside the cap then, when they become of age to be included does their inclusion come at full £6K or at the £2k average given they are already at the club (hope that makes sense!)
    I think the question is that if a youngster is on a contract, what happens next season if he is then of age. Will his wages be the low average or the full amount?
    The way I understand it, if a 20-year old signs a five year deal then their Contract wont effect the Salary Cap for the entirety of the five years 

The moment they come to sign a new deal (even if its on the same terms) because they're 25 they'll then impact it
  • If we get either of those two, it will be quite a coup IMHO.
  • Randall up too a million pound.
  • We got a sell-on for Grant and will likely get a fee for Doughty. Will be interesting to see if TS will reinvest that money