Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Joking aside, We need someone to do the horrible yet simple stuff...Hard challenges and easy balls to the creative players! 
  • Ferryman said:
    I know hes a unit but he aint THAT big! :wink:
    Perhaps he'll be TENTative about singing!
  • Ferryman said:
    Ferryman said:
    I know hes a unit but he aint THAT big! :wink:
    Perhaps he'll be TENTative about singing!
    I imagine he will be! Haha
  • If we continue to play 4.4.2, who would he partner with, possibly JFC,?
  • MattF said:

Charlton Athletic are interested in a permanent deal for Bournemouth midfielder Nnamdi Ofoborh.

Can only begin to imagine the problems we're going to have on this site spelling his name. 
    I can only imagine the problems old Peter Burrowes would have had with that.
    scoop is still alive and kicking - sure he'll be wrestling with it as we speak 
  • Wiltshire signed for Bournemouth.
  • Wiltshire signing for Bournemouth so another player in front of him.

I think if RC has mentioned it it’s hopefully close. 

RC says that other clubs are in the mix for him as well - if any of them are in the Championship, surely they can offer quite a lot more money than we can?
  • RedJohn said:
    If we continue to play 4.4.2, who would he partner with, possibly JFC,?
    Hopefully Shinnie
  • Sponsored links:

RC says that other clubs are in the mix for him as well - if any of them are in the Championship, surely they can offer quite a lot more money than we can?
    Unless I'm mistaken, Bowyer said we're tapped for salary and need clubs to do us a favour. If we're going on a perm I'd guess he's not included in salary cap? ie. turned 21 this football year. 
  • Vfrf said:
    Wiltshire signing for Bournemouth so another player in front of him.

Unless I'm mistaken, Bowyer said we're tapped for salary and need clubs to do us a favour. If we're going on a perm I'd guess he's not included in salary cap? ie. turned 21 this football year. 
    Yeah he wouldn't be included this season, bit unsure on how they'll be calculating contributions of existing contracts to the cap next season

If he was under 21 before the start of 2020 we can offer him as much as we like. 
    Then we would have to sell him in the summer or he would take up all our wages next season. 
  • All good points.

It'd be a promising move if we do sign him - an indication of long-term intent rather than short-term gap-plugging.
  • Love to see him here, but not sure how we compete financially with other clubs for his signature.

Hope we're pleasantly surprised!
  • sam3110 said:
    Basically we need another Bielik, someone equally strong at defensive midfield and centre back, an upgrade on Pratley essentially
    Without  the same propensity for getting send off which Bielik has.
    Might be missing something here, but Bielik was never sent off for us, as far as I remember. Plenty of yellow cards, but never a red. 

sam3110 said:
    Basically we need another Bielik, someone equally strong at defensive midfield and centre back, an upgrade on Pratley essentially
    Without  the same propensity for getting send off which Bielik has.
    Might be missing something here, but Bielik was never sent off for us, as far as I remember. Plenty of yellow cards, but never a red. 
    He has only had 1 red in his career and that was for Derby 
    He thought he was sent off at Southend for a start but appear to be wrong.  Probably deserved to be as lucky to stay on for Derby imo on Saturday on Quest EFL.
    It was Fosu sent off at Southend, for fighting.

Though didn't Bielik score in that game?

• Sponsored links:

• Scored the opening goal in Wycombe’s play off semi final first leg win over Fleetwood. He wouldn’t be in the team to score goals but shows really good technique to keep his foot over the ball and drills it into the bottom corner from outside the area. https://youtu.be/PuAtOfiw4x8
  • Scored the opening goal in Wycombe’s play off semi final first leg win over Fleetwood. He wouldn’t be in the team to score goals but shows really good technique to keep his foot over the ball and drills it into the bottom corner from outside the area. https://youtu.be/PuAtOfiw4x8

I remember watching this, he took that really well. It would have been so easy to smash that out of the ground.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Feels like the exact signing we would be making without the cap. Young, experienced at this level and seemingly rated in footballing circles.

I'd be happy if he ends up here.
    Yep, plus the squad could always do with a new anagram.
    Come and join us, Mofo Bandihorn  ;)
  • mendonca said:
    People are concluding it's close if Cawley has reported it, but we have had similar reports about Sorba Thomas which did not lead to the signing. 

It's close to being the truth, not close to being a done deal. We sometimes get a bit excited or incorrectly analyse the situation. 
    It's definitely the truth...that it's a rumour!
  • MattF said:
    Vfrf said:

Yeah he wouldn't be included this season, bit unsure on how they'll be calculating contributions of existing contracts to the cap next season
    Cafc43v3r said:

If he was under 21 before the start of 2020 we can offer him as much as we like. 
    Then we would have to sell him in the summer or he would take up all our wages next season. 
    Top of my head a lot of the higher earners will be out of co tract in the summer including Pearce, Williams, JFC, Amos and any number of this seasons signings that are on one year deals.