Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• I know in the past Rich has only gone public when we're close to signings, I really hope that's the case with this one, looks like what we need! Hope Smyth is giving us a good word in his ear 
  • Weird one. Only a couple of games but then Tindall has said he wants him to stay and doesn’t want to lose him in the window. So doesn’t seem obvious they are willing to let him leave on loan unless we’re buying him. 
  • MattF said:
    Weird one. Only a couple of games but then Tindall has said he wants him to stay and doesn’t want to lose him in the window. So doesn’t seem obvious they are willing to let him leave on loan unless we’re buying him. 
    Says in the article it would be a permanent move if it happens
    Completely missed that in the first line, just read deal. Makes sense although you’d have thought Bournemouth are offering a much better deal than we will be able to. 
  • MattF said:
    DOUCHER said:
    MattF said:
    In a theoretical world where we did want rid of Washington how exactly do we manage that without paying up his contract
    we will not go up if bogle, washington or smyth spend much time on the pitch so doesn't matter what we dio with hbim - pop him up your bum if you like - we have 2 forwards + millar and we need another coz as i say, if chucks gets injured, its season over 
    Don't think he'd fit
    should be ok, he's anonymous
  • DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said: 
    if we can only have one player it would be a toss up between another striker (with physical presence and pace ideally or an athletic / physically imposing midfielder - ideally we get both after managing to offload a couple somehow 
    Can’t see we’d been in for another striker when we have 4 plus Smyth. I think it will definitely be a CM. Could be a CB but Deji playing well and Famewo back makes that doubtful. 
    because washington, bogle and smyth are useless? if chucks gets injured, its season over   - id make it the priority 
    Washington is far from useless. How are you proposing we fund this striker? 
    same way you'd fund the player u want - he;s useless as an attacking threat 
    6 goals and an assist says otherwise.

His confidence may be lacking a touch at the moment but he's shown he has a bit of class there, we need to nurture that as we won't find better for 1.3k a week (which is all that is counted of his salary)
    no it doesn't - no pace, no aerial ability, no physicality, lays it off, never attacks / takes anybody on - you are wrong but believe what u want 
    Love comments like this.

Your wrong
    Im right 

Despite the fact you said he is useless as an attacking threat but have already been told he has 6 league goals so he clearly isnt useless, but ofcourse they are wrong and you are right 🤣🤣🤣
    clearly - scored 6 goals, some penalties probs included in half a season - proves it beyond any doubt - what was i thinking - i trust my eyes 
  • Sponsored links:

• I know Gallagher is an exception to this, but I’m always more confident when any youngsters we sign has league experience. 22 matches for a promoted side is good experience. (Would have been more if season wasn’t curtailed I imagine)
  • Great prospect but I can’t see how we’ll get him with Championship clubs sniffing around. Fingers crossed
    Ignore all of that. He’s born and bred in Lewisham and his entire family still live there. I can see him being desperate to move back here, especially during lockdown.
    unlikely he'll be picking millwall over us that's for sure   :)
  • DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said: 
    if we can only have one player it would be a toss up between another striker (with physical presence and pace ideally or an athletic / physically imposing midfielder - ideally we get both after managing to offload a couple somehow 
    Can’t see we’d been in for another striker when we have 4 plus Smyth. I think it will definitely be a CM. Could be a CB but Deji playing well and Famewo back makes that doubtful. 
    because washington, bogle and smyth are useless? if chucks gets injured, its season over   - id make it the priority 
    Washington is far from useless. How are you proposing we fund this striker? 
    same way you'd fund the player u want - he;s useless as an attacking threat 
    6 goals and an assist says otherwise.

His confidence may be lacking a touch at the moment but he's shown he has a bit of class there, we need to nurture that as we won't find better for 1.3k a week (which is all that is counted of his salary)
    no it doesn't - no pace, no aerial ability, no physicality, lays it off, never attacks / takes anybody on - you are wrong but believe what u want 
    Very pacey player as shown when he gets in behind defenders. You dont want all the strikers playing the same way as its predictable to the oppo. 

If you have 5 strikers then they all should play differently to offer something different to the team. 

Aneke - Technically brilliant, strong, can finish.
    Bogle - Hold up player,  strong & good in the air. Needs to improve his finishing and stay in a confident frame of mind.
    Washington - Plays off the shoulder of defenders, works his nuts off, presses defenders. 
    Smyth - Appreciate he is more of a winger at this point but if he played up front, hes quick enough to play it over the top and he will always hassle. 
    Schwartz - Fox in the box. Prob the best finisher we have now. Nasty player who will wind the oppo up. 

Each strikers offers something different. Keeps the other team guessing.

For some reason you dont rate Washington and really have a strange vendetta against him.

And saying "you are wrong" is just plain obnoxious. This is a forum and everyone is entitled to an opinion....you can disagree of course but you arent all knowing. 

If you dont want people to oppose your views then just dont put them on. 

i don't have a vendetta against him - i rate him about the same as bogle and smyth although they are all in theory different type of players, but none are good enough and mark my words, if chucks gets injured, that's us screwed
  • I know in the past Rich has only gone public when we're close to signings, I really hope that's the case with this one, looks like what we need! Hope Smyth is giving us a good word in his ear 

Does he know him then?
  • I’m pretty sure he grew up with Brendan Sarpong-Wiredu - they’re both the same age and from the same area. 

Taking a quick look at social media they seem to follow each other. As said above, Richard Cawley wouldn’t be putting this out if it wasn’t close. 

A young, strong and mobile midfielder is just what this squad needs.
    To add to that, him and albie follow eachother on instagram

Does he know him then?
    Yeah they will have played together at Wycombe last year

Does he know him then?
    Yeah they will have played together at Wycombe last year
    ah, completely missed that connection, thanks for explaining.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Great prospect but I can’t see how we’ll get him with Championship clubs sniffing around. Fingers crossed
    Ignore all of that. He’s born and bred in Lewisham and his entire family still live there. I can see him being desperate to move back here, especially during lockdown.
    unlikely he'll be picking millwall over us that's for sure   :)
    He spent some time in the Millwall academy

I doubt he's desperate to return to London, he's hardly stranded in the middle of nowhere in Bournemouth! It's more that he wants/needs game time
  • MattF said:

Charlton Athletic are interested in a permanent deal for Bournemouth midfielder Nnamdi Ofoborh.

Can only begin to imagine the problems we're going to have on this site spelling his name. 
    Offiebath 
  • MattF said:

Charlton Athletic are interested in a permanent deal for Bournemouth midfielder Nnamdi Ofoborh.

Can only begin to imagine the problems we're going to have on this site spelling his name. 
    I can only imagine the problems old Peter Burrowes would have had with that.
  • I see Bournemouth may be getting Wilshere in as a replacement !  Somewhat different ayers physique wise though.

Wycombe fans view...

https://gasroom.org/discussion/6038/ofoborh-and-next-season

Sounds promising.
  • edited January 2021
    MattF said:

Can only begin to imagine the problems we're going to have on this site spelling his name
    Although when we we've conceded a goal, we've all had plenty of practice saying the first part: ..... "Oh, for" crying out loud, "Oh, for" f*cks sake, etc. :smile:

• Signing a young midfielder rather than a loan. That never happens here! 
  • Ferryman said:
    I know hes a unit but he aint THAT big! :wink: