Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• Hemed Part 2?
    Oh is that why he was so shit. 50 percent of him was missing?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Tomorrow night will be fun. 
    Who that we released today was you expecting to play tomorrow night and lead us to victory?
    Expecting no one, hopping Williams. 
    My original comment was just anticipating the meltdown when Millar goes off injured & Gunter is pushed forward into a RW position. 
  • Sooooooo........what are the readings on your whelm-o-meters troops?
    Waiting on the outcome of this outstanding one first. 
  • Think we've signed 17 players under TS so far. 
  • edited February 2021
    sam3110 said:
    Deadline day is weird. In our squad right now he have two players for every position. We have 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 strikers, plus some decent youth prospects. The only place we're a bit short is on the wing, where we could do with some cover for Millar. That's all it would be though, cover. We've moved on some fringe players, lost a good player to a Championship club, though one who doesn't play much, and brought in some seriously good first team players. Despite that though, if more players go out than go in on deadline day it's seen as a disaster. I think people need to get away from the Sky Sports induced mentality that the deadline day signings are the ones that matter. If you said we'd get Schwartz, Millar, Stockley and Smith in in this window I think most of us would have taken that as a very good window. Hopefully we'll manage a winger now but if not we're still looking a hell of a lot better than we were going into this window.
    The fact we've been desperately scrabbling about for a winger all day suggests that the management team aren't happy with the way the squad looks, so we shouldn't be happy either
    Depends on how much negative spin you want to put on it I suppose. As I said, we could do with a winger to cover Millar if he suffers an injury or loss of form, but given the way we've conducted our business so far this window I think if it was an essential signing we would have done it by now. Obviously they're trying to get someone in and they've been knocked back by a lot of teams. If we don't get someone it will be disappointing, but we won't have a gaping hole in our squad and will have still had a good window. That's my point. It'll never be perfect but we're stronger than before the window opened, so I think some having meltdowns about how deadline day hasn't been their Christmas is a bit silly.
    It’s certainly not meltdown worthy but we do have a gaping hole in our squad. We have 0 wide players apart from Millar, he now needs to go the entire season without rotation, unless we’re going to reinvent him as a 10. 

All in all it’s a decent window and before today I would say we’ve been massively improved, but I’m now very wary of the lack of width in the squad. 
  • The arsenal kid must be thinking what the fuck have I done is it a dream 😷
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Tomorrow night will be fun. 
    You rarely enjoy match day anyway 
    Thats bollocks, he loves it, his favourite bit is when we go one nil down. 
    Think it's about 10 mins after that, when he gets to write something about us never coming back from 1-0 down. 
    I think he has started putting it in the pre match thread to save time. 
  • Is the silence from Cawley a good thing right now?!
  • I wonder if the club realise that its a 11pm deadline and not midnight? 
  • Cawley hint 
  • Sooooooo........what are the readings on your whelm-o-meters troops?

My whelmometer's in underdrive. Handbrake still on though.
  • Croydon said:
    Valley11 said:
    Overall I’m happy. This is the start of rebuilding. I’d rather we got the players we actually want in the summer, than force through buys for players we don’t really want now.
    Maddison out feels right and despite being a top bloke, I’m not sure JW is a big loss.

Gives the likes of Morgan and Shinnie the chance to nail down those spots and more clarity in the squad. 
    How do we rebuild under the cap? Everyone seems so sure of it, whilst also using the cap as our excuse for lack of quality this year.
    Lincoln managed it. Maybe by buying players that are 7under 21 & so don't count in the cap or moving the club 150 miles north to Staffordshire where players don't need £5k per week. 
  • edited February 2021
    Hear Bolton are looking to loan out Maddison!
    Deal sheets may have been submitted (i.e. shorthand that shows something's agreed in principle and now the details are being hashed out).
    Just hope Gallen remembered it's tonight 
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:

That suggests he has as much confidence in this happening as we all have. 😂
  • Ah we was close but just couldn't get it over the line!  sound familiar anyone?.
  • edited February 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    ct_addick said:
    Terrible window for us IMO. 2 potential game changers gone in Williams and Maddison. Bowyer quotes George Graham a lot but I was never impressed with his style of play. Wasn't he the architect of the '1-0 to the Arsenal' teams? You can stick 11 robots out there but where is the creativity coming from. 

Just saying it again... we are fairly big net sellers under TS, so far. Just the facts of the matter.
    Ins:
    Conor Washington (Undisc)
    Alex Gilbey (Undisc)
    Ben Watson Free
    Marcus Maddison Free
    Chris Gunter Free
    Adam Matthews Free
    Ryan Inniss (Undisc)
    Omar Bogle Free

Outs:
    Macauley Bonne (£2m)
    Alfie Doughty (£650k plus add ons)
    Dillon Phillips (Undisc allegedly £500k)
    Jonny Williams (£200k)
    Omar Bogle (Free)
    Marcus Maddison (Loan)
    Plus Lapslie and Wiredu out
    Neither for fees.

Ins: 
    Conor Washington (Undisc)
    Alex Gilbey (Undisc)
    Ben Watson Free
    Marcus Maddison Free
    Chris Gunter Free
    Adam Matthews Free
    Ryan Inniss (Undisc)
    Omar Bogle Free
    Ronnie Schwartz (Undisc)

Outs: 
    Macauley Bonne (£2m)
    Alfie Doughty (£650k plus add ons)
    Dillon Phillips (Undisc allegedly £500k)
    Jonny Williams (£200k)
    Omar Bogle (Free)
    Marcus Maddison (Loan)
    George Lapslie (Free)
    Brendan Wiredu (Free)

Not sure we can estimate the amounts in or received. Wasn't Schwartz rumoured to be a couple of million? no concrete numbers. 
  • Anthony Gordon, who I mentioned the other day, has just gone to Preston.  They have had a bonkers window. 
  • Hear Bolton are looking to loan out Maddison!
    I did that about four pages ago ....