Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• 10:55 and not one serious name has been mentioned, maybe the days of ITK are over or no one has ever heard of this new signing.
    Or there isn't anyone and the CL admin have just had a word to keep us refreshing for that sweet ad revenue $$$
  • Valley11 said:
    Overall I’m happy. This is the start of rebuilding. I’d rather we got the players we actually want in the summer, than force through buys for players we don’t really want now.
    Maddison out feels right and despite being a top bloke, I’m not sure JW is a big loss.

Gives the likes of Morgan and Shinnie the chance to nail down those spots and more clarity in the squad. 
    How do we rebuild under the cap? Everyone seems so sure of it, whilst also using the cap as our excuse for lack of quality this year.
  • Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Overall I’m happy. This is the start of rebuilding. I’d rather we got the players we actually want in the summer, than force through buys for players we don’t really want now.
    Maddison out feels right and despite being a top bloke, I’m not sure JW is a big loss.

Gives the likes of Morgan and Shinnie the chance to nail down those spots and more clarity in the squad. 
    Sorry, where is the start of rebuilding, I must have missed that.
    Clearing out for the rebuild then.
    Bogle, Williams and Maddison out
    Stockley, Smith, Miller and Schwartz in. 

3 of those signings are loans, so short term fixes
  • ct_addick said:
    Terrible window for us IMO. 2 potential game changers gone in Williams and Maddison. Bowyer quotes George Graham a lot but I was never impressed with his style of play. Wasn't he the architect of the '1-0 to the Arsenal' teams? You can stick 11 robots out there but where is the creativity coming from. 

Just saying it again... we are fairly big net sellers under TS, so far. Just the facts of the matter.
    Ins:
    Conor Washington (Undisc)
    Alex Gilbey (Undisc)
    Ben Watson Free
    Marcus Maddison Free
    Chris Gunter Free
    Adam Matthews Free
    Ryan Inniss (Undisc)
    Omar Bogle Free

Outs:
    Macauley Bonne (£2m)
    Alfie Doughty (£650k plus add ons)
    Dillon Phillips (Undisc allegedly £500k)
    Jonny Williams (£200k)
    Omar Bogle (No Fee allegedly)
    Marcus Maddison (Loan)

• Oi transfer deadline day. 

Just give us a decent signing and Fuck off 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Tomorrow night will be fun. 
    Who that we released today was you expecting to play tomorrow night and lead us to victory?
    Expecting no one, hopping Williams. 

Presumably he'd injured his other leg?
  • Window shut. Nothing doing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just think, 11pm is only the deadline to fill one of those deal sheets, this could carry on till 1am
  • Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:

Plus Smyth out
  • Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:

3 of those signings are loans, so short term fixes
    Yes, as I say, the rebuild begins in earnest in the summer. Hopefully without a wage cap and with Thomas providing the funds.
    And the time to plan it properly. 
  • MattF said:
    Just think, 11pm is only the deadline to fill one of those deal sheets, this could carry on till 1am
    Just need Cawley to confirm that
  • Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Let's calm down a bit, deadline day has been a bit chuff, but the window hasn't been the worst. 
    Not been great though has it.
    Nope of course not. But not the worst. And certainly feels better than recent windows... Last January especially... 
  • Lol, 1,200+ currently on here at 11pm waiting to underwhelmed:-) 
    Wow Really! 
    I'm struggling I've gotta be up at 5.30 but managed to get to 11pm
  • No signings?

• Let's see if we got any paperwork in, if the notice is there we have another couple of hours to finalise the deal. 
  • It's still ele oh.
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    Just think, 11pm is only the deadline to fill one of those deal sheets, this could carry on till 1am
    That’s me refreshing for another 2 hours 
  • sam3110 said:
    Deadline day is weird. In our squad right now he have two players for every position. We have 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 strikers, plus some decent youth prospects. The only place we're a bit short is on the wing, where we could do with some cover for Millar. That's all it would be though, cover. We've moved on some fringe players, lost a good player to a Championship club, though one who doesn't play much, and brought in some seriously good first team players. Despite that though, if more players go out than go in on deadline day it's seen as a disaster. I think people need to get away from the Sky Sports induced mentality that the deadline day signings are the ones that matter. If you said we'd get Schwartz, Millar, Stockley and Smith in in this window I think most of us would have taken that as a very good window. Hopefully we'll manage a winger now but if not we're still looking a hell of a lot better than we were going into this window.
    The fact we've been desperately scrabbling about for a winger all day suggests that the management team aren't happy with the way the squad looks, so we shouldn't be happy either
    Depends on how much negative spin you want to put on it I suppose. As I said, we could do with a winger to cover Millar if he suffers an injury or loss of form, but given the way we've conducted our business so far this window I think if it was an essential signing we would have done it by now. Obviously they're trying to get someone in and they've been knocked back by a lot of teams. If we don't get someone it will be disappointing, but we won't have a gaping hole in our squad and will have still had a good window. That's my point. It'll never be perfect but we're stronger than before the window opened, so I think some having meltdowns about how deadline day hasn't been their Christmas is a bit silly.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    ct_addick said:
    Terrible window for us IMO. 2 potential game changers gone in Williams and Maddison. Bowyer quotes George Graham a lot but I was never impressed with his style of play. Wasn't he the architect of the '1-0 to the Arsenal' teams? You can stick 11 robots out there but where is the creativity coming from. 

Just saying it again... we are fairly big net sellers under TS, so far. Just the facts of the matter.
    Ins:
    Alex Gilbey (Undisc)
    Ben Watson Free
    Marcus Maddison Free
    Chris Gunter Free
    Adam Matthews Free
    Ryan Inniss (Undisc)
    Omar Bogle Free

Outs:
    Macauley Bonne (£2m)
    Jonny Williams (£200k)
    Marcus Maddison (Loan)

Missed Schwartz.
    And KAG sell on.

Probs £7M in or thereabouts with £500K or thereabouts spent.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Who that we released today was you expecting to play tomorrow night and lead us to victory?
    Expecting no one, hopping Williams. 

Presumably he'd injured his other leg?
    Still be better than Maddison :-) 
  • Hemed Part 2?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    ct_addick said:

Ins:
    Alex Gilbey (Undisc)
    Ben Watson Free
    Marcus Maddison Free
    Chris Gunter Free
    Adam Matthews Free
    Ryan Inniss (Undisc)
    Omar Bogle Free

Outs:
    Macauley Bonne (£2m)
    Jonny Williams (£200k)
    Marcus Maddison (Loan)

Plus Lapslie and Wiredu out
  • LTKapal said:
    You rarely enjoy match day anyway 
    I wont be watching. Live game on Sky or Married at First Sight on E4. Much more entertaining. 
    Completely off topic but I was asked to go on the new UK version which comes out in summer 
    Don't tell me you turned it down. Could be the making of you.....
  • Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:

Three of the in’s are loans, that’s not rebuilding.
  • Sooooooo........what are the readings on your whelm-o-meters troops?