Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2021 Transfer Targets (last minute swoop for Jaiyesimi p184 - NOW it's all over.)

Comments

• edited January 2021
    Chunes said:
    iaitch said:
    Would it be luck or would they give him a run of games and have faith in him.
    Without checking, he must have started more games than any of our other strikers
    Maybe Washington has started more, but that's probably because he scores. 

Bogle 17 apps, 12 starts, 5 subs, 2 goals, 1 assists.
    Washington 23 apps, 18 starts, 5 subs, 7 goals, 1 assist.
    Chuks 19 apps, 7 starts, 12 subs 9 goals, 1 assist.

• AndyG said:
    I'm one of the few that actually think he did ok for us. He needed a bit of confidence and you can bet your bottom dollar that he will score goals once he has gone, probably against us lol

Hard to argue he's done well overall but he's certainly been decent in patches, and there are definitely valid arguments to be made as to why he's not been more of a success not being purely down to his own lack of ability or application. I would certainly say that he's been nowhere near as bad as some of the hyperbole on here and twitter would suggest.

With Aneke and Stockley around he's third choice in the target man role, so if we need to free up wages there are probably areas of the squad with less depth that the wages could be better spent on reinforcing. That being said, as I stated elsewhere on here, he ain't bad for a third choice at League 1 level and with Chuks so injury prone I'd ideally prefer to keep Bogle around as backup. It's been a persistent problem that we've had two players for every position but one of them is always injured meaning the other one has to play too many matches and will eventually break down themselves. We're constantly chasing our tails trying to get everyone fit and I worry that could happen with Chuks and Stockley if one of them goes out injured. I can't see a front two of Washington and Schwartz working well at all with no one to hold the ball up and bring the midfield into play.

• AndyG said:
    I'm one of the few that actually think he did ok for us. He needed a bit of confidence and you can bet your bottom dollar that he will score goals once he has gone, probably against us lol

Hard to argue he's done well overall but he's certainly been decent in patches, and there are definitely valid arguments to be made as to why he's not been more of a success not being purely down to his own lack of ability or application. I would certainly say that he's been nowhere near as bad as some of the hyperbole on here and twitter would suggest.

With Aneke and Stockley around he's third choice in the target man role, so if we need to free up wages there are probably areas of the squad with less depth that the wages could be better spent on reinforcing. That being said, as I stated elsewhere on here, he ain't bad for a third choice at League 1 level and with Chuks so injury prone I'd ideally prefer to keep Bogle around as backup. It's been a persistent problem that we've had two players for every position but one of them is always injured meaning the other one has to play too many matches and will eventually break down themselves. We're constantly chasing our tails trying to get everyone fit and I worry that could happen with Chuks and Stockley if one of them goes out injured. I can't see a front two of Washington and Schwartz working well at all with no one to hold the ball up and bring the midfield into play.

If things were normal I would agree with you. But the maths do not work if we are to get in another player.
  • Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he scores a fair few at Donny. Would sum up our luck.
    Would not be because of luck.
  • MattF said:
    Since we all love a crytic Instagram post should we be expecting some announcement soon?

He can’t even get in the correct side of his car, hardly surprised he misses one on ones
    It's his Mum's car. She is driving him to Doncaster.
  • Can anyone identify where this is?

Catford?
  • It's too cold for t-shirt and shorts and posing for photos looking pensive!
    Also look at his shadow. Picture either taken in the summer or abroad somewhere. Definitely not Doncaster in January. 
    Definitely not abroad either. The car behind him is on the left side of the road
  • AndyG said:

I tend to agree with you about Omar Bogle.  Even when he was fouled by the keeper against Swindon he managed to scored but was pilloried because  he did .
    Chuks missed a sitter against Swindon and nobody said a word against  him and it was a sitter .
    You mention bogles goal against Swindon but what did he do 5 minutes later?

all strikers miss chances, fact.

the reason that bogle gets criticised is because he misses lots of chances two score two goals. Snake scores often. 
  • CafcSCP said:
    It's too cold for t-shirt and shorts and posing for photos looking pensive!
    Also look at his shadow. Picture either taken in the summer or abroad somewhere. Definitely not Doncaster in January. 
    Definitely not abroad either. The car behind him is on the left side of the road
    They drive on the left in India. Reckon that's downtown New Delhi
    I think you may be right there. It's either New Delhi or Dunton Green.
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon we'll sign the mysterious 'Jackson' from MK Dons. Curbs keep raving about him.
    Nah he goes missing too much ;) 
  • AndyG said:

I tend to agree with you about Omar Bogle.  Even when he was fouled by the keeper against Swindon he managed to scored but was pilloried because  he did .
    Chuks missed a sitter against Swindon and nobody said a word against  him and it was a sitter .

the reason that bogle gets criticised is because he misses lots of chances two score two goals. Snake scores often. 
    As I said he misses one and it ain't forgotten.  Aneke misses or does very little like tonight and you forgive him. I think you reinforce bias to suit your view. Bogle is not the best but he is not as bad as people on here think either  Aneke has to be stored in bubble wrap at the end of each game which is worrying. 
    The problem is he hasn’t missed one has he? Bristol rovers, remember that miss? Earlier in the season he was through on goal and turned back. Aneke misses chances because he gets in dangerous positions. Bogle wouldn’t have attacked the ball against Swindon or rochdale like Aneke did.

But aren’t you reinforcing bias for bogle to suit your view?

Aneke is being managed very well this season. Aneke didn’t have the greatest of games but he came on when we were camped in our own half. 

He broke away once and was hacked. He also broke down the right late on, lost the ball, won it back and got us a throw to relieve the pressure.

what did Aneke do wrong tonight?

would you have bogle in the team ahead of Aneke.
  • AndyG said:

Hasn't Bogle scored as many league goals as the snake this season? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

No
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Bogle 2 goals in 17 games
    Snake 4 goals in 25 games 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Aneke.....auto correct
  • edited January 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Bogle 2 goals in 17 games
    Snake 4 goals in 25 games 
    Almost as good goals per game, especially when Bogle has been subed at half time twice and after half an hour once :-)

But it must be hard at big boy school if he can't mange 1 in 5.
  • Sponsored links:

• The window slams shuts on Monday 1st February at 11pm incidentally
  • AndyG said:

As I said he misses one and it ain't forgotten.  Aneke misses or does very little like tonight and you forgive him. I think you reinforce bias to suit your view. Bogle is not the best but he is not as bad as people on here think either  Aneke has to be stored in bubble wrap at the end of each game which is worrying. 
    The problem is he hasn’t missed one has he? Bristol rovers, remember that miss? Earlier in the season he was through on goal and turned back. Aneke misses chances because he gets in dangerous positions. Bogle wouldn’t have attacked the ball against Swindon or rochdale like Aneke did.

Aneke is being managed very well this season. Aneke didn’t have the greatest of games but he came on when we were camped in our own half. 

He broke away once and was hacked. He also broke down the right late on, lost the ball, won it back and got us a throw to relieve the pressure.

Bowyer often had Bogle on before Aneke. He even said he wears CBS out for Aneke. I thought we lost something when Washington went off. That is another one whi gets slated. Tonight someone said on player markings , " What did Washington do apart from one cross". Silly statement. 

As for what did Aneke do wrong..? It is more a matter of what little he did because  he isn't defensive minded or effective there. 

Bogle was fine last game and I think he is a confidence player. Fans on his back is no good carping about everything.  He won the penalty at Gillingham  that Washington missed. 

If he leaves he will do well.  Doncaster appesr torate him.and their team is better than ours. Strange that. 
    Why bring Washington into this? 
  • edited January 2021
    Aneke definitely gets more leeway than Bogle, but he has earned it imo.
  • edited January 2021
    The window slams shuts on Monday 1st February at 11pm incidentally
    Slams shut or sort of shuffles a bit, stops, slips then stops again like an old sash window?

The Jim White ‘slams shut’ deadline day extravaganza is so anti climactic 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    AndyG said:

Bowyer often had Bogle on before Aneke. He even said he wears CBS out for Aneke. I thought we lost something when Washington went off. That is another one whi gets slated. Tonight someone said on player markings , " What did Washington do apart from one cross". Silly statement. 

As for what did Aneke do wrong..? It is more a matter of what little he did because  he isn't defensive minded or effective there. 

Bogle was fine last game and I think he is a confidence player. Fans on his back is no good carping about everything.  He won the penalty at Gillingham  that Washington missed. 

If he leaves he will do well.  Doncaster appesr torate him.and their team is better than ours. Strange that. 
    Why bring Washington into this? 
    Do you disagree with the bit about Washington? He was comparing players that often get criticised no matter what they do.

Bogle and Washington both fall into that category.

We constantly hear how Wash isn't good enough yet every game he turns up, busts a gut and is a positive outlet for the team.

He's scored 7 and has 2 assists... That's not bad in half a season. He is beneficial to our game as shown by our game plan crumbling when he went off injured.
    But the discussion was about Aneke and bogle. I asked questions on bogle and Aneke and the answer back was Washington.
  • edited January 2021
    Okay what did Aneke do right tonight?

If he were Bogle he'd be getting shit on. Not necessarily by you, but by the regulars.
  • Can anyone identify where this is?

Look at the blue sky in January. Must be Spain. :smile:

• I reckon we'll sign the mysterious 'Jackson' from MK Dons. Curbs keep raving about him.
    Nah, his legs have gone.