Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any watch fanciers on here?

Comments

• Options
    A true Charlton fan wants a classic station clock!!

• Options

The Seiko Alpinist SPB121. I've fitted a steel jubilee bracelet to mine. The green and gold dial is just sumptuous IMHO.
  • Options
    @Rothko The ‘Steve McQueen’ watch is ionic. On my long wish list of watches. 

Any Panerai lovers out there? 

I have the Luminor Marina https://www.panerai.com/en/collections/watch-collection/luminor.html

The crown has to be on the left though!

I was looking at this over the weekend and almost pulled the trigger.

TAG Heuer Monaco Grand Prix de Monaco Historique Limited Edition

This is on my hit list as well:

This is the last one I bought:

Rolex GMT-Master II Root Beer - NEW AUGUST 2020 for 15950 for sale from  a Trusted Seller on Chrono24

A word of warning though - watch collecting is addictive.
  • Options
    Ooh I do like the Root Beer, if it had a plain bracelet. Not a fan of the rose gold centre links.
  • Options
    A watch I’m told is favoured by train enthusiasts.... 

• Options
    bobmunro said:

I have the Luminor Marina https://www.panerai.com/en/collections/watch-collection/luminor.html

The crown has to be on the left though!

I was looking at this over the weekend and almost pulled the trigger.

TAG Heuer Monaco Grand Prix de Monaco Historique Limited Edition

This is on my hit list as well:

This is the last one I bought:

Rolex GMT-Master II Root Beer - NEW AUGUST 2020 for 15950 for sale from  a Trusted Seller on Chrono24

A word of warning though - watch collecting is addictive.
    The dates wrong??
  • Options
    I purchased a Swiss railways watch in Luausanne over 15 years ago, and it's still working brilliantly.
  • Options

If only it was real!
  • Options
    I love a watch, have got a smallish collection - favourite is my Omega.

I love MVMT watches, loads of nice styles
    I’ve got a couple of MVMT watches myself. Big fan
  • Options
    Quick question.
    I thought an 'automatic' watch is one that winds itself up because of the arm movement of the wearer, but a 'radio controlled' watch keeps super accurate time via a satellite signal from somewhere.
    Does automatic in fact mean radio controlled?
    Anybody know?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    seth plum said:
    Quick question.
    I thought an 'automatic' watch is one that winds itself up because of the arm movement of the wearer, but a 'radio controlled' watch keeps super accurate time via a satellite signal from somewhere.
    Does automatic in fact mean radio controlled?
    Anybody know?
    An automatic watch is a self-winding mechanical watch.  The radio controlled watch receives transmissions from an atomic clock and adjusts itself accordingly. This weather station thingy I have does the latter.  The World's most accurate atomic clock is here in the UK.  https://www.npl.co.uk/time-frequency

Edited to add: although what do they use to time it? lol
  • Options
    Thanks for that.
    I am interested in a watch that keeps absolutely perfect time to the second.
    It looks as if even a fine watch like a Rolex can't guarantee doing that unless it's radio controlled.
    Are posh watches somehow less posh if they're radio controlled?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Raymond Weil Amadeus 200. 25 years old and still a thing of beauty.

• Options
    Big fan of 'English' watch company Christopher Ward. All Swiss made and very stylish.....
  • Options
    @bobmunro That Monaco is sex.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    seth plum said:
    Thanks for that.
    I am interested in a watch that keeps absolutely perfect time to the second.
    It looks as if even a fine watch like a Rolex can't guarantee doing that unless it's radio controlled.
    Are posh watches somehow less posh if they're radio controlled?
    This isn't radio controlled but is, it is claimed, accurate to one second per year.  https://www.gearpatrol.com/watches/a575949/citizen-caliber-0100-quartz-watch/  By comparison a Rolex is probably around -2/+2 seconds a day.

What is also clear is that all referees at The Valley have watches running 5 minutes out.   How else to explain why we always kick-off late?
  • Options
    I have a few watches - but none of the real top enders.

My first one.....

TAG Heuer Kirium- The Ultimate Collectors Guide  The Home of TAG Heuer  Collectors

Second......

Sold Tag Heuer Carrera 40th Anniversary Jack Heuer CV2117 Limited Ed   Asia Timepiece Centre

Third...

TAG Heuer Grand Carrera CAV511BFC6231 - 43 mm Leather for Sale   Watchmastercom

Fourth...

Teutonia II Chronograph  Elegante Herrenuhr mit sportlicher Note  Mhle- Glashtte Uhrenmanufaktur - Made in Germany

Everyday wearer....

.Victorinox Swiss Army 241776

• Options

That red one is beyond beautiful, take its a limited edition that I'll need to sell my kidneys for?
  • Options
    The TAG reminds me of a train journey back from Fulham. As the train pulled out of Putney, down the aisle came fellow Scot 'Jimmy.' We hadn't seen each other for  a couple of years so he sat down with me and a couple of mates. We passed a few comments on the game and noticed that Jimmy's left arm was quite visible and sporting a large new watch. Eventually, he asked me if I liked his new watch. I said it was smart and that TAG were a good brand. This cheered him up and he asked me if I knew what it was worth. I had an idea but my mate sitting next to me had actually just bought a very similar model and guessed the exact price which impressed Jimmy. He then told us that he hadn't paid that for it. The bloke who lived upstairs from him had been involved in a high profile ram raid on a mainstream jewellers that had made the news the weekend before. The police were on the case and the gang were trying to flog the watches before they were picked up. 'Gary' offered Jimmy a selection of the watches. Jimmy decided he wanted one but told Gary he only had £500. Gary explained that the TAG he fancied was £1400 new and he wanted £700 as he would be doing a bit of bird for it. Jimmy said he didn't have the money but would ask around and see if he could find a buyer. Gary then told him he would give him £200 commission if he could find a buyer, so Jimmy ended up selling the watch to himself the next day for £500 😂.
  • Options
    Big fan of 'English' watch company Christopher Ward. All Swiss made and very stylish.....
    Yes, I have a few Wards - wearing one today actually.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Yes, I have a few Wards - wearing one today actually.
    Oh this is nice! 

https://www.christopherward.com/dive/c60-abyss-sh21/C60-42APR3-SGKK0-HRK.html
  • Options
    Rothko said:

That red one is beyond beautiful, take its a limited edition that I'll need to sell my kidneys for?
    I did say I was contemplating it. Yes a limited edition of 1000.

Contemplation is over - it will be delivered on Thursday!
  • Options
    I love a good watch, have a rolex date just 1991, year I was born, 2 tags, 1 Hugo boss, 3 armani and two pocket watches, bought myself a nice little watch box to store them in. 

Although I've stopped wearing watches since I jumped back on the tools and cannot get used to them again now I'm back in the suits. 

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Rothko said:

Happy Christmas! That's a beaut.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Rothko said:

Mappin & Webb are giving you a free watch winder if you order it from them!
  • Options
    I have a few watches - but none of the real top enders.

My first one.....

TAG Heuer Kirium- The Ultimate Collectors Guide  The Home of TAG Heuer  Collectors

Second......

Sold Tag Heuer Carrera 40th Anniversary Jack Heuer CV2117 Limited Ed   Asia Timepiece Centre

Third...

TAG Heuer Grand Carrera CAV511BFC6231 - 43 mm Leather for Sale   Watchmastercom

Fourth...

Teutonia II Chronograph  Elegante Herrenuhr mit sportlicher Note  Mhle- Glashtte Uhrenmanufaktur - Made in Germany

Everyday wearer....

.Victorinox Swiss Army 241776

The Muhle Glashutte is lovely.
  • Options
    Thanks Bob......It was a prezzie from the other half a few years back. It's my favourite out of the lot to wear.
  • Options
    Gawd sake, I've spent the last hour on watchfinder and other sites  :disappointed:
  • Options
    Thanks Bob......It was a prezzie from the other half a few years back. It's my favourite out of the lot to wear.

Completely agree. Very nice.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Gawd sake, I've spent the last hour on watchfinder and other sites  :disappointed:

Much better than Watchfinder!!