Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any watch fanciers on here?

Comments

• Options
    Yep a guilt please for me too, got a few nice ones, AP Royal Oak, Submariner and a Day Date with Diamond Numbers, next on the list is a gold sub.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:
    Yep a guilt please for me too, got a few nice ones, AP Royal Oak, Submariner and a Day Date with Diamond Numbers, next on the list is a gold sub.
    Snap on those two.
  • Options
    I do like a nice watch. Would like a Rolex but I'm afraid they're out of my budget, so I have a couple of Rotary watches - one I inherited from a great uncle - it's early 70s and a simple classic design. The other is a special edition from 12/13 years ago.

The watch I wear daily is a Fossil, but I also swap that occasionally for a Pierre Cardin and a fake Panarai Luminor GMT. The problem with the latter is whenever I wear it the missus tells everyone it's a fake FFS!
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    I do like a nice watch. Would like a Rolex but I'm afraid they're out of my budget, so I have a couple of Rotary watches - one I inherited from a great uncle - it's early 70s and a simple classic design. The other is a special edition from 12/13 years ago.

The watch I wear daily is a Fossil, but I also swap that occasionally for a Pierre Cardin and a fake Panarai Luminor GMT. The problem with the latter is whenever I wear it the missus tells everyone it's a fake FFS!
    To which you should add 'that's what I told her!'
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Saga Lout said:

To which you should add 'that's what I told her!'
    I'll be using that - thanks!
  • Options
    G Shock for work, Omega Speedmaster , (Moonwatch) for dressing up, and watching the last 5 mins of a playoff match in May 2019!
  • Options

No Breitling fans?

Got a couple, but my favourite is the Superocean Heritage II Chronograph 44

• Options
    My rule for a watch would be (and I have yet to find it).
    Radio controlled for perfect time. But not a speaking one.
    Mans size.
    Non leather wristband.
    Plain white circular dial with no date window.
    A second hand.
    The numbers one to twelve written attractively in black in Chinese characters.
  • Options
    Boom said:

No Breitling fans?

Premier B01 Chronographs are nice.
  • Options
    An expensive hobby of mine too I’m afraid. Currently saving up for a Patek Nautilus or Aquanaut, but the more I save, the more they increase in value. 

I have 8 including a Russian military watch. I wear them alternately accept for the Russian job as the winder has broken. I also have two Omegas (Seamaster & Speedmaster), a Rolex Datejust, a Cartier Santos, a Longines heritage watch, a Baume & Mercier and a Panerai. 

They are good investments, and I remember being scolded for having the back of my Rolex engraved. I didn’t buy it to flog it though, but the value of ‘high end’ watches has really increased in the last decade.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boom said:

No Breitling fans?

The star turn of my collection is a Breitling Colt Quartz. I was attracted to it because I wanted a HEQ (high end quartz) watch, and I liked the aesthetics of the watch. It has a thermo-compensated movement which is designed to be accurate to within 15 seconds PER YEAR! Love technology like that.
  • Options
    Got my SS Perpetual Datejust for my 40th which I wear every day, 18k Gold and white faced Daytona for my 50th for special occasions (both on Oyster bracelets), hoping to make my 60th in Jan 2022 and will spend most of the year trying to work out what to buy!
  • Options
    like a Mondaine watch me

• Options
    I could never understand someone spending a lot of money on watches, until in 1989 i paid £1300 for 2nd hand Rolex datejust gold and steel, now i get it and have a black sub, a hulk, Explorer 2 and an IWC pilot spitfire, my wife knows about the Datejust and the sub the rest are Snide, no idea who told her that.
  • Options
    Got myself an 18ct Rolex Cellini Cellissima White 6633 with a Rolex ostrich strap a few years back.....only wear it on special occasions.....not that there have been any of those lately, so I actually haven’t worn it since last Christmas, what a waste!
    Absolutely cracking looking watch.......if I say so myself.
  • Options
    I actually like the making of the watch as well the piece its self. Boring to most but loads of stuff on YouTube.
    The Watchmakers Apprentice is very good documentary and highlights craftmanship and talent  we have and had in this country that perhaps most wouldn't realise.  I doubt I will ever own a really decent hand made watch, it would take a lottery win. 

• Options

Yes, me. Any of those listed so far (bar the digital Casio) will do.

So unless you’ve got 6 wrists, if any of you fancy gifting one of your spares, AFKAs DMs are open for you to slide into :-)

Good luck to you all, some amazing watches on here. One day Rodney, one day...
  • Options
    I wonder if I’ll ever go back to a ‘proper’ watch again, or I’ll be a smart watch wearer for years ahead 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I wonder if I’ll ever go back to a ‘proper’ watch again, or I’ll be a smart watch wearer for years ahead 
    Yeah, got a Garmin for Xmas last year and pretty much hasn’t left my wrist since.

Do love a beautiful watch though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I prefer clocks tbh. I love old office and station clocks and flip clocks. 
  • Options

Yes, me. Any of those listed so far (bar the digital Casio) will do.

So unless you’ve got 6 wrists, if any of you fancy gifting one of your spares, AFKAs DMs are open for you to slide into :-)

Good luck to you all, some amazing watches on here. One day Rodney, one day...
    Mickey Mouse watch on it's way Captain.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    like a Mondaine watch me

Ah the Swiss railway watch.
    Proper Charlton!
    Seriously though, nice choice.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    like a Mondaine watch me

Ah the Swiss railway watch.
    Proper Charlton!
    Seriously though, nice choice.
    Only proper charlton if you've got a wall one as well :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Be good if some of you posted a pic of your favourite watch / dream watch (like the Mondaine above). For most of us these will just be names we aren’t able to visualise
  • Options

• Options
    I really like the watches Bremont make, tend to wear a Garmin most days but like a nice watch when going out somewhere nice.

www.bremont.com 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @Rothko The ‘Steve McQueen’ watch is ionic. On my long wish list of watches. 

Any Panerai lovers out there? 

I have the Luminor Marina https://www.panerai.com/en/collections/watch-collection/luminor.html

• Options
    Boom said:

No Breitling fans?

The star turn of my collection is a Breitling Colt Quartz. I was attracted to it because I wanted a HEQ (high end quartz) watch, and I liked the aesthetics of the watch. It has a thermo-compensated movement which is designed to be accurate to within 15 seconds PER YEAR! Love technology like that.
    Nice. I’ve got a colt as well.