Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard on Talksport today - 17/11/20

Comments

• Just listened on catch up. 

Paticularly enjoyed White's embarassed reaction to Jordan's remarks about Farnell. 

It is clear that Farnell feeds him and I suspect our friend Nicko as well. 

• What time is the Burnley thing? 
  • Was a great listen! Looking forward to the vermin sending a pathetic letter to the EFL about the TV money. 'we're the true owners so we order you to divert the money to us not the TS regime - immediately'.
  • Rothko said:
    What time is the Burnley thing? 
    Around 12.40
  • I lie the part where Jordan was moaning about the media and White reminded him that Jordan called White a pipsqueak (I think), back when he owned Palace
  • Dazzler21 said:
    It's only 10 mins, I was expecting longer.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    In a world full of Jim White’s, thank god for Simon Jordan. 

Very interested in the libellous claim that Sandgaard hasn’t put any money in and is funding the club with player sales. We’ll see if there’s a lawsuit for that.
    Is it libellous or inaccurate ? 

We’ve had fairly big windfalls from the Bonne sale + the Grant sell on and the salary cap reduces the ability to spend so it might be that Sandgaard hasn’t actually needed to invest funds yet. No issues with that from my perspective.
    I’d say libellous, unless TS is lying about us being days away from administration before the deal was done, he must have pumped some money in. 

He also had money in escrow before the takeover was completed, so it’s a pretty safe bet that at least £1 of this has been used for general maintenance/ those new lawnmowers he’s purchased. Not to mention shipping costs of the Zynex medical devices

Yes we’ve had income from player sales but it’s not even a half truth to assert that Sandgaard hasn’t put any money in and is relying on the clubs cash. 
    Right but I don’t think that relying on the clubs cash is a negative thing. A club living off of its own means is a sustainable model, that’s exactly what I want.

What is nonsense is for any of the parties who have recently been involved to try and suggest that they would have had a better operating model for us, they wouldn’t. 
    Definitely not a negative thing, it’s a sustainable business model and I’m all for it - it’s just not exactly true.  

The libel comes in because Farnell is using the biggest sports station around to spin that Thomas Sandgaard hasn’t put any money in and is using player sales to keep the club afloat. That’s defamation of character and could impact the club’s or Sandgaard’s future business.

I repeat.....I am not altogether 100% certain that White meant to say Sandgaard when referring to not having put any money in.....I think maybe he meant to say Elliott.
    Might be wrong, but the moment he said it I immediately thought he’s got the names mixed up.
    Anyone else think the same?
    I disagree, I think 100 % he was talking about TS. I read your post hours before I was able to listen so was waiting for it & I have no doubt in my mind that I think the opposite, doesn't mean I'm right of course :-)
  • Oggy Red said:
    cafc999 said:
    When will Jim Shite wake up and realise that Farnell & Co are feeding him shit
    That's not Talksport's agenda though.

Talksport are a commercial radio station and their mission is to create revenue by selling advertising.

To sell more advertising, they need to get more listeners.
    One way to get more listeners is to create drama, conflict and sensationalise interviews.

It's not about impartial reporting. It's about getting interviewees to rise to the bait and generate that sense of drama.

We shouldn't be wasting our time listening to the likes of Jim White and Talkshite radio.
    Remember, their only mission is to sell more advertising.

Spot on Oggy.
    It's showbusiness, White and Jordan are a double act.
    White has got a show to sell and Jordan is happy because he gets to be the voice of reason.
    I'm glad that Jordan doesn't let any feelings towards CAFC get in the way of that, but by the same token I'm not about to make him my new best friend.
    And to be fair, he does know something about football club ownership (primarily how to fail)

• MattF said:
    I'd never heard Jim White before.  He's dreadful, isn't he?
  • MattF said:
    Just listen to TS on there and if you don’t fall in love then you’re a better more controlled person than I am ,
    There’s a real genuine danger that I’m gonna cheat on SCP with TS and there’s something I never thought possible .
    A bit of troilism on the cards?
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    In a world full of Jim White’s, thank god for Simon Jordan. 

Very interested in the libellous claim that Sandgaard hasn’t put any money in and is funding the club with player sales. We’ll see if there’s a lawsuit for that.
    Is it libellous or inaccurate ? 

We’ve had fairly big windfalls from the Bonne sale + the Grant sell on and the salary cap reduces the ability to spend so it might be that Sandgaard hasn’t actually needed to invest funds yet. No issues with that from my perspective.
    I’d say libellous, unless TS is lying about us being days away from administration before the deal was done, he must have pumped some money in. 

He also had money in escrow before the takeover was completed, so it’s a pretty safe bet that at least £1 of this has been used for general maintenance/ those new lawnmowers he’s purchased. Not to mention shipping costs of the Zynex medical devices

Yes we’ve had income from player sales but it’s not even a half truth to assert that Sandgaard hasn’t put any money in and is relying on the clubs cash. 
    Right but I don’t think that relying on the clubs cash is a negative thing. A club living off of its own means is a sustainable model, that’s exactly what I want.

What is nonsense is for any of the parties who have recently been involved to try and suggest that they would have had a better operating model for us, they wouldn’t. 
    Definitely not a negative thing, it’s a sustainable business model and I’m all for it - it’s just not exactly true.  

The libel comes in because Farnell is using the biggest sports station around to spin that Thomas Sandgaard hasn’t put any money in and is using player sales to keep the club afloat. That’s defamation of character and could impact the club’s or Sandgaard’s future business.

I repeat.....I am not altogether 100% certain that White meant to say Sandgaard when referring to not having put any money in.....I think maybe he meant to say Elliott.
    Might be wrong, but the moment he said it I immediately thought he’s got the names mixed up.
    Anyone else think the same?
    I disagree, I think 100 % he was talking about TS. I read your post hours before I was able to listen so was waiting for it & I have no doubt in my mind that I think the opposite, doesn't mean I'm right of course :-)
    He will have been talking about TS, because that’s the line they are feeding people.
    You may have already addressed this Airman, but always appreciated your take on things - what's your views on this rumour, and why do you think they are trying to feed the press it (especially if its something easily debunked). 
  • MattF said:
    I'd never heard Jim White before.  He's dreadful, isn't he?
    Yes he's a turd.
  • White is a presenter not a journalist for starters, and Wireless radio who own TalkSport like the sort of shock jock get the lines ringing type of stuff he does. What the lawyers and compliance team won't like is him riffing like he did off a text message from Farnell. 
  • Rothko said:
    White is a presenter not a journalist for starters, and Wireless radio who own TalkSport like the sort of shock jock get the lines ringing type of stuff he does. What the lawyers and compliance team won't like is him riffing like he did off a text message from Farnell. 
    He is embarrassing to listen to especially when he thinks he's being controversial. He's invariably ill informed, smug and full of tedious anecdotes.

I wonder what SJ thinks of him?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2020
    Just said lots of Charlton chat coming up 

Which means Farnell has feed him stuff I assume. 
  • Rothko said:
    White is a presenter not a journalist for starters, and Wireless radio who own TalkSport like the sort of shock jock get the lines ringing type of stuff he does. What the lawyers and compliance team won't like is him riffing like he did off a text message from Farnell. 
    Yes, saying controversial things/a load of bollocks, generates lots of social media interest, retweeting etc
  • edited November 2020
    Elliottt on at 10.30 apparently. 
  • Talal said:
    I hope not. He doesn’t deserve the airtime 
  • This could be an absolute disaster of an interview. Hope it's live and Simon Jordan is on again.... 
  • Talal said:
    Confirmed. 

I hope Jordan is allowed to speak back to him. 
  • Talal said:
    I hope not. He doesn’t deserve the airtime 
    He doesn't, and people have been questioning talksport on twitter thinking they care. 
  • TS on after 
  • Must be recorded. He wouldn't go up against Jordan would he?
  • Probably another hard hitting interview from the legend that is JW. He did a great job on RD.