Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard on Talksport today - 17/11/20

Comments

• Options
    10:30-11:00 slot (starts about 4 mins in)
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1605607200/1605609000/ 
  • Options
    White is a Grade A, up his own bottom bell.
  • Options
    Bore off Jim White. Not even interesting or thought provoking Jim White you pleb.

The "football opera called Charlton." 
  • Options
    I couldn't care less what White says, he has no credibility when it comes to serious football issues anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    In a world full of Jim White’s, thank god for Simon Jordan. 

Very interested in the libellous claim that Sandgaard hasn’t put any money in and is funding the club with player sales. We’ll see if there’s a lawsuit for that.
    Is it libellous or inaccurate ? 

We’ve had fairly big windfalls from the Bonne sale + the Grant sell on and the salary cap reduces the ability to spend so it might be that Sandgaard hasn’t actually needed to invest funds yet. No issues with that from my perspective.
    I’d say libellous, unless TS is lying about us being days away from administration before the deal was done, he must have pumped some money in. 

He also had money in escrow before the takeover was completed, so it’s a pretty safe bet that at least £1 of this has been used for general maintenance/ those new lawnmowers he’s purchased. Not to mention shipping costs of the Zynex medical devices

Yes we’ve had income from player sales but it’s not even a half truth to assert that Sandgaard hasn’t put any money in and is relying on the clubs cash. 
    Right but I don’t think that relying on the clubs cash is a negative thing. A club living off of its own means is a sustainable model, that’s exactly what I want.

What is nonsense is for any of the parties who have recently been involved to try and suggest that they would have had a better operating model for us, they wouldn’t. 
    Definitely not a negative thing, it’s a sustainable business model and I’m all for it - it’s just not exactly true.  

The libel comes in because Farnell is using the biggest sports station around to spin that Thomas Sandgaard hasn’t put any money in and is using player sales to keep the club afloat. That’s defamation of character and could impact the club’s or Sandgaard’s future business.

I repeat.....I am not altogether 100% certain that White meant to say Sandgaard when referring to not having put any money in.....I think maybe he meant to say Elliott.
    Might be wrong, but the moment he said it I immediately thought he’s got the names mixed up.
    Anyone else think the same?
    Yep
  • Options
    All this talk about whether TS has put any money in, what about the £1m tax bill we were told he paid, beside all the other money that has been paid out, I am sure all this did not come from transfer money
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    When will Jim Shite wake up and realise that Farnell & Co are feeding him shit
    That's not Talksport's agenda though.

Talksport are a commercial radio station and their mission is to create revenue by selling advertising.

To sell more advertising, they need to get more listeners.
    One way to get more listeners is to create drama, conflict and sensationalise interviews.

It's not about impartial reporting. It's about getting interviewees to rise to the bait and generate that sense of drama.

We shouldn't be wasting our time listening to the likes of Jim White and Talkshite radio.
    Remember, their only mission is to sell more advertising.

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    Never...he’s a moron

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    cafc999 said:
    That's not Talksport's agenda though.

Talksport are a commercial radio station and their mission is to create revenue by selling advertising.

To sell more advertising, they need to get more listeners.
    One way to get more listeners is to create drama, conflict and sensationalise interviews.

It's not about impartial reporting. It's about getting interviewees to rise to the bait and generate that sense of drama.

We shouldn't be wasting our time listening to the likes of Jim White and Talkshite radio.
    Remember, their only mission is to sell more advertising.

Very well put.  Jim White is sensationalising to get more listeners - if he stirs things up a bit - then more will listen.  It's no different to papers like the Sun and the Mail with garish, misleading headlines - just to sell the paper.  They lie, exaggerate, over dramatise - anything to get you to buy!  Jim is probably measured on listener numbers.  SJ isn't.
  • Options
    The Grant and Bonne money is immaterial tbh. I think sell ons and transfers are paid over the length of the players contract, so grant (6yrs) and bonne (4yrs) ain't gonna make a massive difference in the short term. Think I read TS say that both were very welcome though, as we are obviously facing losses again this year 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Speaking about the EFL
    'They probably assumed I will just handle it, they shouldn't even need to be involved'.

On the case
    'There's not really anything to fight here... At least in terms of anything we need to do from a legal perspective, If they continue to push on this issue here, it won't be dealt with publicly, we'll take care of it quietly'. 

This'll be the Danish Mafia then!

Mmmm, where have i seen this post before B);)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Speaking about the EFL
    'They probably assumed I will just handle it, they shouldn't even need to be involved'.

On the case
    'There's not really anything to fight here... At least in terms of anything we need to do from a legal perspective, If they continue to push on this issue here, it won't be dealt with publicly, we'll take care of it quietly'. 

This'll be the Danish Mafia then!

Mmmm, where have i seen this post before B);)
    Was wondering if anyone would question that!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    cabbles said:
    Macronate said:
    White is a Grade A, up his own bottom bell.
    Absolutely this.  He’s trying to shit stir, sensationalize and bring his brand of Daily Mailesque manure journalism into the picture.  Just listen to the way he emphasizes certain responses.  Sandgaard is cool, calm and collected in his response about Farnell, Elliott etc, and then White’s voice jumps several notes on the scale when he says ‘are you saying Charlton fans have nothing to worry about?’.  It’s as if he hopes to one day go back and use it, were anything to come of Elliot’s challenge.

In the same way there is a campaign not to buy the Sun, there should be a campaign to get this guy out of football journalism.  He’s the sort of bloke that would probably turn up at Bury to get his photo taken with that Steve Dale, the day they went out of business, in the same way some idiots film the aftermath of car crashes 
    He'd need to go home and change out of his funeral suit first

• Options
    I know there have always been con men, but in all walks of life there seem to be less and less honest ones to me.
  • Options
    I know there have always been con men, but in all walks of life there seem to be less and less honest ones to me.
    I also find it worrying that Con men seem to be less and less honest. :smile:

• Options
    No shortage of smart alecks though :)