Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard on Talksport today - 17/11/20

Comments

• With Jim White asking Daily Mail'sque questions, this almost feels like a low level chat that we do not associate with TS in the way he's conducted himself since the beginning of this journey. 
  • Kap10 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    In a world full of Jim White’s, thank god for Simon Jordan. 

Very interested in the libellous claim that Sandgaard hasn’t put any money in and is funding the club with player sales. We’ll see if there’s a lawsuit for that.
    Is it libellous or inaccurate ? 

We’ve had fairly big windfalls from the Bonne sale + the Grant sell on and the salary cap reduces the ability to spend so it might be that Sandgaard hasn’t actually needed to invest funds yet. No issues with that from my perspective.
    I’d say libellous, unless TS is lying about us being days away from administration before the deal was done, he must have pumped some money in. 

He also had money in escrow before the takeover was completed, so it’s a pretty safe bet that at least £1 of this has been used for general maintenance/ those new lawnmowers he’s purchased. Not to mention shipping costs of the Zynex medical devices

Yes we’ve had income from player sales but it’s not even a half truth to assert that Sandgaard hasn’t put any money in and is relying on the clubs cash. 
    Exactly he may have re-couped cash but he spent first... 
    We also know that he was prepared to splash out on a striker, but we were turned down.

Elliot and Farnell seeking a cut from the Grant and Bonne money.

Good on TS if he has brought stability without investing anything .. gives potential funds for January or if we get promoted establishing ourselves in with a decent squad in the Chsmpionship.
    Gallen confirmed that in his interview. That the Schwarz fee was bigger than anything they’d spent in the past. 
    Clearly intent from Sandgaard to spend 
  • Of course Sandgaard is having to put money in - the club will be heading for multi-million £ losses this season.
    There is a difference between having to put money in and putting money in thus far though. 

Not a dig at TS, nor am I saying he has come in just to sell players, but with the Grant/Bonne money I doubt he has to put any in yet. 

The difference of course is that he has proven funds to the EFL within 5 minutes, something ESI failed to do in several months. 
  • So ultimately he's not at all bothered and Freshfields are better solicitors than Farnell, who'd have thought it?
  • he needs to sell us and move on as he got rid of a member of backroom staff - the alarm bells are ringing 
  • Chunes said:
    Why doesn't Jim White get Elliott on and let SJ ask some questions of him? It beggars belief that he puts a loudspeaker to the lies these clowns feed him without ever holding them accountable in return.
    They can even do it pre-recorded if they like, something Southall used to get quite passionate about
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Why doesn't Jim White get Elliott on and let SJ ask some questions of him? It beggars belief that he puts a loudspeaker to the lies these clowns feed him without ever holding them accountable in return.
    No way Elliott agrees to that. He won't ever put himself in a position where it's even possible to be challenged in person.
  • White is just stirring it
  • Chunes said:
    Elliott wouldn't even agree to an interview with Cawley despite (i believe Cawley said) repeated requests, so no chance he goes on national radio.
  • MattF said:
    Is that the interview in full or is there more, any links yet?
  • MattF said:
    More to come later when the full show is published, including Simon Jordan's comments
  • MattF said:
    MattF said:
    More to come later when the full show is published, including Simon Jordan's comments
    Great, thanks. @MattF
  • Sponsored links:

• When will Jim Shite wake up and realise that Farnell & Co are feeding him shit
  • cafc999 said:
    When will Jim Shite wake up and realise that Farnell & Co are feeding him shit
    I expect he does know but doesn't care. Not someone interested in the truth. 
  • edited November 2020
    Chunes said:
    Elliott wouldn't even agree to an interview with Cawley despite (i believe Cawley said) repeated requests, so no chance he goes on national radio.
    Exactly, so Jim White shouldn't be amplifying his rubbish through the media, and trying to hold people like TS to account based on what he says, when he won't even be interviewed himself
  • MattF said:

Great response.

What mostly just irritates me is that we have finally turned a corner...but still get some prick opening his mouth and attempting to cause a disruption. This season is already better then last season!

We are on good form and could actually potential win this league. It's a possibility. Easier said then done though and we also have the January transfer window around the corner.

Dickheads like knobhead Paul Elliot are just getting in the way and disrupting things.

For once, it should just be about the football.

The manager and players probably end up hearing this crappy unnecessary drama.

They just want to concentrate on what's important. 

Get all this crap behind us!

• se9addick said:

Very interested in the libellous claim that Sandgaard hasn’t put any money in and is funding the club with player sales. We’ll see if there’s a lawsuit for that.

We’ve had fairly big windfalls from the Bonne sale + the Grant sell on and the salary cap reduces the ability to spend so it might be that Sandgaard hasn’t actually needed to invest funds yet. No issues with that from my perspective.
    If it's inaccurate and defamatory then it is libelous.

Big windfalls?  Are you sure?  Grant sell on is coming over the 6 year term of his new contract.  What proportion of the Bonne fee is up front?
    Those two might have generated one month's salaries and overheads receivable to CAFC so far - if WBA and QPR are both bang up to date with their obligations..?
  • edited November 2020
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

I’d say libellous, unless TS is lying about us being days away from administration before the deal was done, he must have pumped some money in. 

He also had money in escrow before the takeover was completed, so it’s a pretty safe bet that at least £1 of this has been used for general maintenance/ those new lawnmowers he’s purchased. Not to mention shipping costs of the Zynex medical devices

Yes we’ve had income from player sales but it’s not even a half truth to assert that Sandgaard hasn’t put any money in and is relying on the clubs cash. 
    Right but I don’t think that relying on the clubs cash is a negative thing. A club living off of its own means is a sustainable model, that’s exactly what I want.

What is nonsense is for any of the parties who have recently been involved to try and suggest that they would have had a better operating model for us, they wouldn’t. 
    Definitely not a negative thing, it’s a sustainable business model and I’m all for it - it’s just not exactly true.  

The libel comes in because Farnell is using the biggest sports station around to spin that Thomas Sandgaard hasn’t put any money in and is using player sales to keep the club afloat. That’s defamation of character and could impact the club’s or Sandgaard’s future business.

I repeat.....I am not altogether 100% certain that White meant to say Sandgaard when referring to not having put any money in.....I think maybe he meant to say Elliott.
    Might be wrong, but the moment he said it I immediately thought he’s got the names mixed up.
    Anyone else think the same?