Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Likely Are You To Take The Covid Vaccine?

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Had my fifth this week, and still not dead
    these two facts may not be unrelated
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    hate to break to the cranks, but I'm still alive, no health issues caused by them, other then a slightly sore arm, in fact, they are probably keeping me safe as I take immunosuppressants 
    The sensible view.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    hate to break to the cranks, but I'm still alive, no health issues caused by them, other then a slightly sore arm, in fact, they are probably keeping me safe as I take immunosuppressants 

Pretty sensible having a jab if you have a autoimmune type issue, even the 'cranks' would agree with that. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Rothko said:

Pretty sensible having a jab if you have a autoimmune type issue, even the 'cranks' would agree with that. 
    I doubt they would, they think that a vaccine designed to lessen the severity of an infection is more dangerous than the infection itself. Anti vaxxers appear to be against the use of the Covid vaccines full stop.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Rothko said:

I doubt they would, they think that a vaccine designed to lessen the severity of an infection is more dangerous than the infection itself. Anti vaxxers appear to be against the use of the Covid vaccines full stop.
    'They' probably think that young fit and healthy people probably don't need it.... but I'd rather not go over that again.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Rothko said:

'They' probably think that young fit and healthy people probably don't need it.... but I'd rather not go over that again.o

When early on the vaccines were desperately needed there were plenty of young, fit and healthy people who needed it as much as other groups. I think a lot of people forget just how scary those early months were. Apart from those who live pure and unsullied lifestyles of course who are apparently immortal . 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Rothko said:

'They' probably think that young fit and healthy people probably don't need it.... but I'd rather not go over that again.o

When early on the vaccines were desperately needed there were plenty of young, fit and healthy people who needed it as much as other groups. I think a lot of people forget just how scary those early months were. Apart from those who live pure and unsullied lifestyles of course who are apparently immortal . 
    Very true, fortunately we now live in very different times and people are no longer dropping down dead in the streets as if they've been shot by a sniper and the O2 isn't a field hospital.

Let's live with/in the current situation if we can.

• Options
    As someone who went full on with Covid back in 2020 I have first hand knowledge regarding ‘some’ of the symptoms.
    I unquestionably have Long Covid symptoms.
    Some things that I came out of hospital with are weaker lung capacity (approximately 50% down), ongoing upset digestion and a certain amount of anxiety from time to time.
    Now, I was 72 at the time, I am now 4 years older and can only be described as elderly.
    From the ridiculous list posted earlier I have a number of ailments which apply to me……BUT I do NOT necessarily say their cause was anything to do with Covid.
    Yes, I do sometimes wonder if ailments are is some way associated with Covid and the time I spent in ICU, but I never ever assume they are…..after all I am 76 and I could or would have ended up with them anyway, it’s difficult to judge. 
    I am certain I am left with conditions which resulted from me being in ICU and the very invasive procedures and conditions that one has to undergo and endure but those are not Long Covid associated in themselves.
    I attend a couple of Long Covid group meetings almost every week, which I enjoy a great deal and have met some truly remarkable people along the way…..some really top ranked doctors and a few professors here and there who come along to share our experiences and they learn from us too.
    I do not appreciate one or two posters on here continually waffling on giving out the same obsessed misguided messages over and over again.
    Find a website where your very limited views are shared and communicate with others of likeminded individuals.
    I assume that you include me when you talk of limited views, or is it just the antivaxxers?

My views come from reading the results of scientific studies of the harm that a Covid infection can do. I don't go searching for them, I use a site that brings them all together and there are now hundreds.

The figures & symptoms for Long Covid come from reputable sources such as the Office For National Statistics (ONS), the NHS and the British Heart Foundation, there are many others. There are numerous studies into the effects of the SARS-Cov-2 virus in publications like The Lancet, BMJ, Nature amongst many others.

Again I wonder why people are don't want to read anything about Covid, actually bother to open this thread. I do have an interest as explained earlier, I have a friend who has charted her Covid journey from the early days, when as a  previously healthy woman in her 30s, she contracted Covid and has been suffering from Long Covid ever since.

I don't open threads where I don't have an interest, but don't ask others to stop posting in them just because I don't want to discuss that subject.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 6
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    Best thing you’ve said in quite a while 😉
  • Options

• Options
    Interesting way for the telegraph to report it.

Although the vaccine was found to be safe and effective overall, it carried the risk of a rare but serious side-effect, known as thrombosis with thrombocytopenia, or TTS. The rare syndrome occurred in about two to three people per 100,000 who were vaccinated with the Vaxzevria vaccine.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/article/2024/may/08/astrazeneca-withdraws-covid-19-vaccine-worldwide-citing-surplus-of-newer-vaccines
  • Options
    edited May 8
    No vaccine is without side effects, but the benefits far outweigh the risks.

The newer vaccines are more effective against latest variants.
  • Options
    Unsafe enough for it to be withdrawn though, they don’t do that lightly. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    It's not being withdrawn for safety reasons. 
  • Options
    edited May 8
    buckshee said:
    Still has current and ongoing MHRA approval (remember these vaccines are subject to much higher levels and more stringent checks and more regular data reporting and analysis by the MHRA because of the speed of introduction - these measures are still in place). So that means it still meets the MHRS safety standards. If they were to remove it for safety reasons it would only be on the MHRA recommendation. This is not the case in this instance.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    It literally says it’s “purely a commercial” decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    buckshee said:
    and you believe that? 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Are we still granny killers if we don't get the jab anymore. Just want to know whether to book mine in or not.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    buckshee said:
    se9addick said:
    buckshee said:
    I believe a licensed drug manufacturer over some random conspiracy theorist on the internet. 
    You keep doing that. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    buckshee said:
    se9addick said:
    buckshee said:
    I believe a licensed drug manufacturer over some random conspiracy theorist on the internet. 
    A licensed  drug manufacturer like Pfizer, perhaps?

• In 1992, Pfizer agreed to pay between $165 million and $215 million to settle lawsuits arising from the fracturing of the Bjork-Shiley Convexo-Concave heart valve, which by 2012 has resulted in 663 deaths.
    • In 1996, Pfizer conducted an unapproved clinical trial on 200 Nigerian children with its experimental anti-meningitis drug, Trovafloxacin, without the consent of their parents and which led to the death of 11 children from kidney failure and left dozens more disabled. In 2011, Pfizer paid just $700,000 to four families who had lost a child and set up a $35 million fund for the disabled. This cover-up was the basis of the John Le Carré book and film The Constant Gardener.
    • In 2004, Pfizer’s subsidiary Warner-Lambert was fined $430 million to resolve criminal charges and civil liabilities for the fraudulent promotion of its epilepsy drug, Neurontin, paying doctors to prescribe it for uses not approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
    • In 2009, Pfizer spent $25.8 million lobbying Congressional lawmakers and federal agencies like the Department of Health and Human Services. Its expenditure on federal lobbying between 2006 and 2014 came to $89.89 million. In 2019 it spent $11 million lobbying the federal Government.
    • In 2009, Pfizer set a record for the largest health care fraud settlement and the largest criminal fine of any kind, paying $2.3 billion to avoid criminal and civil liability for fraudulently marketing its anti-inflammatory drug, Bextra, which had been refused approval by the FDA due to safety concerns.
    • In 2009, Pfizer paid $750 million to settle 35,000 claims that its diabetes drug, Rezulin, was responsible for 63 deaths and dozens of liver failures. In 1999, a senior epidemiologist at the Food and Drug Administration warned that Rezulin was “one of the most dangerous drugs on the market”.
    • In 2010, Pfizer was ordered to pay $142.1 million in damages for violating a federal anti-racketeering law by its fraudulent sale and marketing of Neurontin for uses not approved by the FDA, including for migraines and bi-polar disorder.
    • In 2010, Pfizer admitted that, in the last six months of 2009 alone, it had paid $20 million to 4,500 doctors in the U.S. for consulting and speaking on its behalf, and $15.3 million to 250 academic medical centres for clinical trials.
    • In 2012, Pfizer paid $45 million to settle charges of bribing doctors and other health-care professionals employed by foreign Governments in order to win business. The Chief of the Securities and Exchange Commission Enforcement Division’s Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Unit said: “Pfizer subsidiaries in several countries had bribery so entwined in their sales culture that they offered points and bonus programs to improperly reward foreign officials who proved to be their best customers.”
    • By 2012, Pfizer had paid $1.226 billion to settle claims by nearly 10,000 women that its hormone replacement therapy drug, Prempro, caused breast cancer.
    • In 2013, Pfizer agreed to pay $55 million to settle criminal charges of failing to warn patients and doctors about the risks of kidney disease, kidney injury, kidney failure and acute interstitial nephritis caused by its proton pump inhibitor, Protonix.
    • In 2013, Pfizer set aside $288 million to settle claims by 2,700 people that its smoking cessation drug, Chantix, caused suicidal thoughts and severe psychological disorders. The Food and Drug Administration subsequently determined that Chantix is probably associated with a higher risk of heart attack.
    • In 2013, Pfizer absolved itself of claims that its antidepressant, Effexor, caused congenital heart defects in the children of pregnant woman by arguing that the prescribing obstetrician was responsible for advising the patient about the medication’s use.
    • In 2014, Pfizer paid a further $325 million to settle a lawsuit brought by health-care benefit providers who claimed the company marketed its epilepsy drug, Neurontin, for purposes unapproved by the FDA.
    • In 2014, Pfizer paid $35 million to settle a law suit accusing its subsidiary of promoting the kidney transplant drug, Rapamune, for unapproved uses, including bribing doctors to prescribe it to patients.
    • In 2016, Pfizer was fined a record £84.2 million for overcharging the NHS for its rebranded and deregulated anti-epilepsy drug Phenytoin by 2,600% (from £2.83 to £67.50 a capsule), increasing the cost to U.K. taxpayers from £2 million in 2012 to about £50 million in 2013.
    • In May 2018, Pfizer still had 6,000 lawsuits pending against claims that its testosterone replacement therapy products cause strokes, heart attacks, pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis, and were fraudulently marketed at healthy men for uses not approved by the FDA.
    • In June-August 2020, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Department of Justice said they were looking at Pfizer’s activities in China and Russia under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, which forbids U.S. firms from bribing foreign officials.
    • In November 2021, the British Medical Journal revealed that the Ventavia Research Group had falsified data, unblinded patients, employed inadequately trained vaccinators, and was slow to follow up on adverse events reported in the phase 3 trial for Pfizer’s ‘vaccine’.
    • Since 2000, Pfizer has incurred $10.268 billion in penalties, including $5.637 billion for safety-related offences; $3.373 billion for unapproved promotion of medical products; $1.148 billion for government contract-related offences; $60 million under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act; and $34.7 million for ‘kickbacks and bribery’.
  • Options
    So an even bigger multi billion dollar lawsuit should be coming up, yet their share price is at an all time high. 🤔
  • Options
    So an even bigger multi billion dollar lawsuit should be coming up, yet their share price is at an all time high. 🤔
    I just checked, Pfizer's share price is currently very close to the lowest it has been in over 10 years.