Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Likely Are You To Take The Covid Vaccine?

Comments

• Options
    When you gotta go, you gotta go.
  • Options
    Confidence interval bar chart showing that those aged 45 to 54 years are most likely to report long COVID.

Interesting drop of at age 65, presumably because there's less social contact amongst a group that no longer works. Either that or there's less likelihood of them noticing something being up because their natural state is to feel tired and ill. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Confidence interval bar chart showing that those aged 45 to 54 years are most likely to report long COVID.

Interesting drop of at age 65, presumably because there's less social contact amongst a group that no longer works. Either that or there's less likelihood of them noticing something being up because their natural state is to feel tired and ill. 
    Vaccinated group so less likely to have Long Covid?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Or those who got Covid in those age groups were more likely to die, so aren't here to suffer Long Covid?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Stig said:

Or those who got Covid in those age groups were more likely to die, so aren't here to suffer Long Covid?
    Possibly, the latest figures I've seen are that over 4000 people have died of Covid since the start of the year. 

A new variant is now in circulation which will increase the numbers suffering from Long Covid.

How are you now @aliwibble

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redskin said:
    ME14addick's suggestion that the cost of yet another vaccine might prove to be prohibitive to people choosing to have another load of feeble junk pumped into their bodies doesn't - naturally - take into account that people might now be aware of the tens of thousands of people suffering from debilitating/life-changing adverse reactions from 'Safe and 'effective' vaccines in the biggest clinical trial in the history of medicine.
    Just another filthy racket foisted on a trusting populace. And children. And babies.
    Rare side effects the article says.

Over 111,000 children now suffering from Long Covid in this country.

• Options
    Redskin said:
    ME14addick's suggestion that the cost of yet another vaccine might prove to be prohibitive to people choosing to have another load of feeble junk pumped into their bodies doesn't - naturally - take into account that people might now be aware of the tens of thousands of people suffering from debilitating/life-changing adverse reactions from 'Safe and 'effective' vaccines in the biggest clinical trial in the history of medicine.
    Just another filthy racket foisted on a trusting populace. And children. And babies.
    Thank the Lord we have you and others to inform and educate us sheep. 
  • Options
    edited May 1
    Redskin said:
    Oh do give it a rest.
    OCD is difficult to cure and ‘ironically’ needs ‘strong’ medication to reduce its cause and symptoms…..just saying. 😇
  • Options
     Although you may wonder why (especially having had the experience I had back in 2020), that I very rarely read the COVID related threads these days……it’s because of posters like Redskin and ME14 who have totally high jacked them with their obsessive bullshit by finding a thousand and one ways of saying the same thing over and over and over again.
    Talk about boring the pants off of those of us who were seriously affected…..to be honest, I find it highly insulting to question the integrity and knowledge of persons who are medically trained who have despairingly tried to reason with them.
    They have ruined, what might otherwise have been very interesting threads and driven away some very knowledgeable posters……I wish they would just fuck off.
  • Options
     Although you may wonder why (especially having had the experience I had back in 2020), that I very rarely read the COVID related threads these days……it’s because of posters like Redskin and ME14 who have totally high jacked them with their obsessive bullshit by finding a thousand and one ways of saying the same thing over and over and over again.
    Talk about boring the pants off of those of us who were seriously affected…..to be honest, I find it highly insulting to question the integrity and knowledge of persons who are medically trained who have despairingly tried to reason with them.
    They have ruined, what might otherwise have been very interesting threads and driven away some very knowledgeable posters……I wish they would just fuck off.
    There are hundreds of scientific studies, published in reputable publications which detail the effects of the SARS-COV-2 virus. They are not the conspiracy sites that some others quote from. 

I quoted earlier from the ONS which ran a survey over the winter. Approximately 2 million people in the UK with Long Covid. That is a very significant number.

This is a thread on Covid  if you don't want to read it  you don't have to.
  • Options
    There are hundreds of scientific studies, published in reputable publications which detail the effects of the SARS-COV-2 virus. They are not the conspiracy sites that some others quote from. 

I quoted earlier from the ONS which ran a survey over the winter. Approximately 2 million people in the UK with Long Covid. That is a very significant number.

NO…… IT’S A THREAD ALL ABOUT YOU AND YOUR MAD OBSESSION!!! 🤮😵‍💫
  • Options

Has Long Covid been fully classified, i.e. causes, physiological process, symptoms, treatments etc...?

The approximate figure of £2million you cite - is this formally diagnosed against a full classification of the disease, or self-reported (or a combination of both)?

Genuine questions.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Has Long Covid been fully classified, i.e. causes, physiological process, symptoms, treatments etc...?

The approximate figure of £2million you cite - is this formally diagnosed against a full classification of the disease, or self-reported (or a combination of both)?

Genuine questions.
    bob……bless you mate for asking the questions but I can tell you verbatim what the answers will be.
    She will immediately go and find other media articles that will support her line of reasoning, thereby justifying herself.
    How many hours a day she spends swatting up on this stuff Lord above knows…..it must be hours and hours.
    I am convinced this thread has taken over her life!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Zzzzzzzzzz!!!
  • Options

A new study from my local health Authority:

https://www.ndtv.com/science/there-is-no-such-thing-as-long-covid-australian-study-finds-5242371

Obviously, just another "Conspiracy Site".

• Options
    It will literally be decades before the murky waters of Covid start to clear. It has been reported that Covid has the potential to affect practically every bodily system and organ and there will be people suffering from many and diverse symptoms for varying lengths of time. Trying to pull together the threads of these Covid related (?) illnesses from various countries and disciplines with different data sets will take a very very long time and as far as long Covid and its effects or indeed it’s existence are concerned I doubt we’ll have a very much clearer picture in the lifetime of anyone reading this thread. Is Covid still a concern ? Yes of course it is but I doubt there are very many people who now give it more than a seconds thought. All those who are considered clinically vulnerable should have the choice to continue to receive booster vaccines and the rest of us should now just get on with life. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Genuine questions.
    The ONS site says it is self reported, but the symptoms are very diverse and there is no one test that fits all. 

What is in no doubt is that the number of people who are unable to work is extremely high, far higher than before the pandemic started. Whilst no doubt some of those will be on the unacceptably long waiting lists for treatment for other things, it does not seem unreasonable to me and many others, that a NEW virus, that it known to cause problems throughout the body is the cause of a considerable amount of the current sickness in the UK.

The British Heart Foundation & NHS websites gives some information:
    https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/news/coronavirus-and-your-health/long-covid

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/covid-19/long-term-effects-of-covid-19-long-covid/

• Options
    If people don't like what I post and it seems to upset quite a few on here, there is no need to open a thread about Covid. What I choose to do with my time is nobody else's business but mine. 

If anyone can tell me that the information and links to medical and scientific studies that I have posted are not true, then I'd like to know.

We certainly don't know the long term effects of the virus as it is so new, but from the studies already carried out, there is plenty of evidence of the harm it can do and to ignore that evidence and hide it from most of the population, who are only too willing to think it is only a cold, is very negligent on the part of those whose job it is to protect the health of the nation.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Genuine questions.
    The ONS site says it is self reported, but the symptoms are very diverse and there is no one test that fits all. 

What is in no doubt is that the number of people who are unable to work is extremely high, far higher than before the pandemic started. Whilst no doubt some of those will be on the unacceptably long waiting lists for treatment for other things, it does not seem unreasonable to me and many others, that a NEW virus, that it known to cause problems throughout the body is the cause of a considerable amount of the current sickness in the UK.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/news/coronavirus-and-your-health/long-covid

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/covid-19/long-term-effects-of-covid-19-long-covid/

The biggest driver of long term sickness for the workforce post pandemic is mental health issues.

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Genuine questions.

The biggest driver of long term sickness for the workforce post pandemic is mental health issues.

Which can also be caused by Covid

Long Covid symptoms

What are the symptoms of long Covid?

Up to 5 March 2023, the most commonly reported long Covid symptoms were:

1. fatigue
    2. difficulty concentrating
    3. muscle aches
    4. shortness of breath

However, there are many other symptoms of long Covid that have been identified through research. They include:

Heart and circulatory symptoms

• chest tightness or pain
    • heart palpitations
    • changes to heart rate

Joint and muscle pain

• muscle and join paint
    • pain in the back or shoulders

Brain (neurological or cognitive) symptoms

• not being able to think straight or focus (‘brain fog’) 
    • headaches
    • hallucinations
    • amnesia
    • dizziness
    • difficulty with motor function or speech
    • pins and needles

Mental health effects

• symptoms of anxiety, such as worrying, feeling on edge or having difficulty sleeping
    • symptoms of depression such as low mood, feeling helpless, having low motivation, or not enjoying usual activities
    • symptoms of PTSD

Respiratory symptoms

• persistent cough
    • sore throat
    • difficulty breathing

Stomach and digestive symptoms

• stomach pain
    • diarrhoea
    • vomiting
    • bowel incontinence

Ear nose and throat symptoms

• changes to sense of smell or taste
    • earache
    • ringing in the ears (tinnitus)

General symptoms

• nausea
    • a high temperature
    • feeling hot and cold
    • heavy arms or legs

Skin and hair symptoms

• hair loss
    • skin rashes
  • Options
    edited May 1
    I work in career development so these sort of things interest me.

You might want to read this:

https://www.resolutionfoundation.org/publications/a-u-shaped-legacy/

Particularly the parts around sickness inactivity trends. 

• Options
    The original COVID could be very severe with long lasting effects for some. But, let’s get some balance here. I was at the doctor's yesterday for my annual check up. We were talking about Covid a bit and she said the recent variant of COVID is mild. I, like others, don’t understand the continued obsession with Covid and its long term effects. Let’s just move on with our lives in a healthy way both physically and mentally.