Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crewe v Charlton | Sat 12 Sept | Post match thread

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    I think the biggest issue Crewe had was they hadn't played competitively for nearly 6 months. At one point on the commentary it was said that we were benefiting from their mistakes. A lot of them looked like rustiness to me, obviously players at any level can make mistakes but I thought we were maybe at 90% of being fully fit and engaged and they were more like 75%. One of their chances was skied and they had a lot more misplaced passes than we did. It's too early to tell whether they'll do alright or struggle, though I thought they had some players with potential but they're going to need to settle quite quickly. 
  • Options
    Didn't think Crewe were too bad tbh
    I thought they were a nice footballing team. League 1 isn’t a nice division for footballing team and will be hard to play this against hardworking physical teams. Will be interesting to see whether they change strategy and become harder to beat if they start the season with a run of defeats.
    I don't think they'll change their style too drastically. Playing "proper" football is why they attract younger players and are able to sell them on to bigger clubs, it's engrained in their football ethos
  • Options
    I had forgotten what a good keeper Amos is. 
    Played well on loan for us first time, then had a mare up the road. 
    Hope he is back to his best this season. 
        Amos in my opinion is far better than Philips.
       He can kick a ball out accurately, he can catch a 
       Ball, and he is good with corners.
       Phillips was a reasonable stopper but not a great
       All round keeper, .........
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    He didn’t kick a ball out accurately yesterday. His throwing was a bit off too. He does catch crossed and corners better than Phillips though. You’re under rating Dillon imho. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    1968CAFC said:
    He didn’t kick a ball out accurately yesterday. His throwing was a bit off too. He does catch crossed and corners better than Phillips though. You’re under rating Dillon imho. 
    Most of his kicks were decent, a couple of loose ones where the defence put him under pressure, but he did fine... with both feet. 

He caught shots and crosses well and made a beautiful save too. He did a good job of pushing the shots he couldn't catch into open space or behind the goal rather than into dangerous areas. 

BUT it was one game and no one should be casting statements around of who is better based on one game (and memory of his loan spell). 

Fact is, they're both decent keepers and Amos is likely to be our first choice keeper even if Phillips' move falls through. 
  • Options
    Does the word “aplomb” ever appear apart from in descriptions of football matches ? 
    Would you like a peach, a nectarine, a greengage or aplomb?
  • Options
    Gilbey reminds me of Dale Stephens
    What, can't tell north from south?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020

Barker 6th most accurate.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    What a load of waffle. 

Imagine living in a big town where everybody speaks with an accent like his.