Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crewe v Charlton | Sat 12 Sept | Post match thread

Comments

• Options
    Good win, rode out luck at times, a little scrappy early on. 

If Tommy Boy can get it over the line and we get these 'eyebrow raising' players in. It'll be a great season I expect. 

If not, then top ten wont be to bad until the next knight in shining armour takes oN trying to unravel the infinite labyrinth that is ownership of Charlton.
  • Options
    solid performance and will always be happy with a Charlton win.

Please can we go with this line up on Tuesday and try and give them a game? 
  • Options
    Both goals looked good and unfortunate not to get a 3rd. Terrific save from Amos. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Take the 3 points, get TS in and make Crewe right back our first signing he was very good.
    Only if we cant get Adam Matthews though...
    Agreed, I’d take him first 
  • Options
    Gilbey reminds me of Dale Stephens
    I thought that too, only that he runs with the ball a lot more than Stephens.

Very early days and haven't seen enough to judge but I get the feeling he'll be a Championship player in a year or two... hopefully with us.
  • Options
    Both assists were good. Osh's header was a neat and accurate through ball. Match reports have made out he just bundled it through.
  • Options
    I think first game up  with a transfer embargo (thanks Southall you twat) three points was key. Take the positives, dome good performances here and there. The negatives can be ironed out a bit as new signings and new owner hopefully come in. First day of the season rarely suggests how things will pan out, so for me yesterday was just enjoying a win.
  • Options
    Beckles was class yesterday,always thought we should have gone after him when he was at Shrewsbury,how did he end up at Crewe(no disrespect intended).
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Took us a while to get going but thought we were comfortable if not spectacular. Defence is the obvious issue but hopefully we can patch that up sooner rather than later. 

Can’t be too disappointed picking up points while we wait for the takeover to go through, happy days! 

Also happy for Doughty to get a goal, I’d been a bit concerned before he was going to carve himself out loads of chances but always fluff the shot. Hopefully this gives him confidence going forward. 
  • Options
    Does the word “aplomb” ever appear apart from in descriptions of football matches ? 
    “Mantle with aplomb” Ron Manager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4I1ye2gcEo
  • Options
    Bowyer not happy with performance. Setting his standards pleasingly high because I was impressed with a lot of our play.
    As he said, take the (wonderfully morale boosting) 3points and "we go again"

Another game closer to a takeover and stability. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrWalker said:
    Bowyer not happy with performance. Setting his standards pleasingly high because I was impressed with a lot of our play.
    As he said, take the (wonderfully morale boosting) 3points and "we go again"

Another game closer to a takeover and stability. 
    He’s always set standards high and I think it’s one reason we compete in almost every game under him. It’s never been acceptable to use what’s going on in the boardroom, lack of signings or our budget as an excuse.
  • Options
    First win in 7 games. Clean sheet. Striker scores. What's not to like.
    AHA!!... So the League Cup is a joke to you then? ;)
  • Options
    Take the 3 points, get TS  in and make Crewe right back our first signing he was very good.

Yes. But get Greg and Terry to learn how to pronounce his name properly!
  • Options
    He's free but at least Crewe know who broke their turnstile ;)

Good on you Louis. He knew not to rely on CL to get him free.......all he would have got would've been abuse & ridicule.....😄
    Not sure why Louis is wearing his mankini over his face.