Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crewe v Charlton | Sat 12 Sept | Post match thread

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Great result considering our squad problems.

Crewe played well and worked hard. We struggled to string 2 passes together for long periods, the second half especially was really bad before Chuks came on, when the ball started to stick up front. But the difference in the end was our quality in the final third, and you can tell we have goals in the team at this level... Which will be nice!

Barker had a really good game. 17!!
    With a decent owner we can get our young players on long contracts and say '30 million or forget it.'
  • Options
    Lapslie wasn't at his best but he can do League One easily.
  • Options
    He's free but at least Crewe know who broke their turnstile ;)

Blimey looks a bit puffed out doesn’t he....
  • Options
    The issue is whether Williams, Oztumer, Levitt, Morgan or even Vennings can do it more easily
  • Options
    Hardly an issue. A good thing surely.
  • Options
    Told he would be the right back, played two games in the right then back to midfield for the league game. Could this have anything to do with it
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Or maybe just sometimes players have good games and sometimes the have not so good games. We may look for reasons when it is just what happens. 
  • Options
    Told he would be the right back, played two games in the right then back to midfield for the league game. Could this have anything to do with it
    At certain points he was out of position because he was going deep to help cover Barker at right back, so I would say it was more a case of needs must than anything else.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    No doubt, sign him up in a 5 year deal I reckon.
  • Options
    Nice result. Thought it should've been more, but then reflected and thought actually most of them who started are league one in terms of experience.

Hope Albie and Oztumer get a look in this season, although I do like JFC and Pratley. 

Thought the iFollow camera was once again very poor quality. Very blurred when moving at speed etc.

Really like StubleyAddick and KB, so also a shame when the sound conked out. 

• Options
    Did JFC add anything? He's such a hit 'n miss player, that his performance swings each game.
  • Options
    Levitt is an unknown quantity but apart from Williams and then only on his day we do lack a midfielder that consistently bosses a game. 
  • Options
    Macronate said:

I hope Sky are Bold enough to apologise for their mistake.
    ...and we kept a clean sheet.
    We were pegged back at times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does the word “aplomb” ever appear apart from in descriptions of football matches ? 
    This Day Then 26th March 1973 - Noel Coward dies in Jamaica
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Love it @blutcher but you reports are not the same when you don’t visit 3 real ale pubs before a game.

And I don’t even like real ale!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Did JFC add anything? He's such a hit 'n miss player, that his performance swings each game.
    Beggars can’t be choosers. He’s not the answer but he’s ours. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Beggars can’t be choosers. He’s not the answer but he’s ours. 
    He has to realise that he is a senior player now. Really need him to step up. Hair and beard looks great, but be good to see some games dominated.
  • Options
    Easy win, this division is nonsense. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I’d like the results to continue as they are 
    always lose every game in that shithouse EFL Trophy 
    always win in the League Cup and League One 

Great result with our options and fingers crossed we have a bigger result in the week with TS completing .

5%    Automatic promotion 
    40%   Play offs 
    53%    7th-12th 
    2%      13th-20th
    0%       Relegation