Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Fulham doing to Leicester what Leicester do to teams when they play away - hit the opposition on the counter with pace
    I know there has been a lot of surprises this season but thats a shocker for Leicester.
    And was my last team in a 9 team acca for the weekend. Blew my bet but I should be used to it this season.
    Pleased for Lookman
  • How can anyone be watching that Watkins goal decision and think that VAR is good for football?
  • Proper smash and grab that, admittedly by the home team in their vast taxpayer-built stadium
  • Croydon said:
    How can anyone be watching that Watkins goal decision and think that VAR is good for football?
     I just don't see where the advantage of an arm being further forward than the last defender is?

Surely they should look at both players sternums for a start.

Nonsense.
  • Such cases are too close to call especially as VAR cannot be absolutely certain when a ball has actually been kicked. They should use it, as suggested, for clear mistakes and adopt the cricket system whereby there is a tolerance level i.e. umpire's call.
  • “Is there enough to overturn the on field decision”

works in almost every other sport that uses video replays.
  • Such cases are too close to call especially as VAR cannot be absolutely certain when a ball has actually been kicked. They should use it, as suggested, for clear mistakes and adopt the cricket system whereby there is a tolerance level i.e. umpire's call.
    This. In the example you give it can be frustrating for a bowler to technically have an LBW but it be umpires call, but they accept it. The review system overturns the errors from the umpires and that’s exactly what VAR should be used for, not because the Lino didn’t have his binoculars with him. 
  • edited December 2020
    Using a video isn't the problem.
    It the Splitting the pixels and entering into the world of atoms and subterranean margins where its obvious that "offsides" are given when they on in line and should be on side. 
    Typical of football administrators to screw up and not use technology to its advantage.
  • Sponsored links:

This. In the example you give it can be frustrating for a bowler to technically have an LBW but it be umpires call, but they accept it. The review system overturns the errors from the umpires and that’s exactly what VAR should be used for, not because the Lino didn’t have his binoculars with him. 
    But then with LBWs you're not measuring something that has happened, but predicting what WILL happen which can never be totally accurate, hence umpire's call

With stumpings and runouts there is no tolerance level, the video official zooms in and gives it in or out
    But then with LBWs you're not measuring something that has happened, but predicting what WILL happen which can never be totally accurate, hence umpire's call

With stumpings and runouts there is no tolerance level, the video official zooms in and gives it in or out
    But you are guesstimating with VAR the exact moment that the passer of the ball has made impact with it - so the use of pixels for the player that is onside or offside might not be 100% accurate anyway. You can tell when the bails have been dislodged and whether the batsman is out because there isn't the distance between the two events that there is in football and you can zoom in on both.

As also suggested the arm should be excluded from any VAR simply because you can't score with it. 
  • Pep Guardiola- we need 5 subs in the league to help protect our players.

Also Pep Guardiola

• Sort of makes sense though, as their champions league game in midweek is meaningless so he'll rest his entire team from today then, and all of todays subs will play.
  • Two brilliant goals from Utd there.

West Ham should've been 4-0 up.
  • 2 point gap between 3rd and 10th. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Man Utd playing like prime Barcelona in this second half, absolutely blown West Ham away. Scored 3 in 15 minutes and could've easily had 5.
  • 2 points behind the scousers
  • I bet at half time there were calls for OG to be sacked again. They are 4th and a couple of points of top.
    It must be weird being a Man U fan, so up and down.
    Bit like Charlton 😉
  • Just seen the Chelsea line up - front five of Havertz, Mount, Ziyech, Werner and Giroud. They also have Pulisic and Abraham as subs.

Not even LB could fit that seven in the team!

• Pass of the season (for Leeds) closely followed by miss of the decade (for Chelsea) :D
  • I can’t believe Bamford has scored 8 times this season. 
  • I can’t believe Bamford has scored 8 times this season. 
    This is only his 11th game of the season too. 
  • Come on you baggies. A win and those Nigel are back in a relegation battle. Gallagher & Grant you know what to do. 
  • Having seen the Man U equaliser last night I can't get my head around why they didn't/couldn't use VAR to review it. It's ridiculous when strikers are having goals ruled out for, possibly, having a toenail offside but they couldn't do the same for a ball that's gone out by 18"?

On the plus side it was against West Ham so feck 'em..!