Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Agreed. Thank God no one has reposted it.
  • Update:
    Jimenez in hospital - “conscious and responding to treatment” 
  • MattF said:
    Luiz bleeding through his bandage, surely between himself, Arteta and the medical team someone should have made the decision to get him off the pitch
    Agree. And not just because of the bleeding.
    I don’t think the concussion protocols ever seem strong enough in football.
    just doesn’t seem to be taken seriously 
    Aren't they about to bring in concussion subs (like in cricket)? 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Because Sheff Utd don't have the squad depth the top sides do. They'd arguably be doing worse in the case of 5 subs, so it's not in their interests. 
    Make Klopp right on this though. The example he gave with Robertson was fair. Taking him for the Greek lad wouldn't have strengthened them (maybe slightly because of fresh legs) but would have protected the player. With Internationals you are talking about players possibly playing 50 games this season in less time than usual, it's really not fair on them. It's ok for a club like Sheffield Utd because they have less games and less International players but unfair on the bigger clubs. Definitely think it should be 5 subs as it is throughout Europe. 
    But that's not how rules are decided, the clubs vote in their own interests. Wilder is right to look after Sheffield United as are the other smaller club managers to put their teams first.

LB just voted for 3 subs!
    I agree, I realise why Wilder voted otherwise. I just don’t think it’s fair on the clubs who have league fixtures, domestic cups, European fixture and players featuring for their National side. The season started late and since the end of lockdown the fixture list has been very demanding with a short break. The increased number of injuries are there to see, it’s not fair on the players. 
  • Addickted said:
    Chunes said:
    Because Sheff Utd don't have the squad depth the top sides do. They'd arguably be doing worse in the case of 5 subs, so it's not in their interests. 
    Make Klopp right on this though. The example he gave with Robertson was fair. Taking him for the Greek lad wouldn't have strengthened them (maybe slightly because of fresh legs) but would have protected the player. 
    So if he was so concerned about Robertson, then why didn't he start Konstantinos Tsimikas?

The bloke is hardly a shite footballer as a full back he cost them £12m and to be fair the opposition are hardly top sic contenders.
    How many times have you seen him play? What they paid for him doesn’t mean anything. 

I’m no Liverpool fan but there already missing most of their defence, why should they have to suffer further when following the rest of Europe surely isn’t that big a deal. 
  • edited November 2020
    Cavani facing an FA investigation for an Instagram post were he used a racial word.

Apparently in South America its not racist and is used by Uruguayans as a term of endearment, but in English it didnt look good and Apparently will require an FA Investigation
  • Ross said:
    Croydon said:
    Klopp is such a whiney prick. When have the media ever made him out to be anything other than a darling? Glad is true colours are starting to come to light. 
    But to be fair to him he was right.

If Liverpool played Wednesday night, why put them as the early saturday kick off? Even the late game would've been a bit better, or they could've just played today and Southampton v United (who played Tuesday) could've been played yesterday instead. I know you can't please every manager and they'll always be someone with something to moan about but i agree with him here.

They should also bring in the 5 subs rule as every other top league has 5 subs. Sheffield United are supposedly one of the main advocates for keeping it at 3 subs, why? It's not as if sticking with 3 subs has served them well so far, they're on track for a record low points total!! 
    But Liverpool play Tuesday this week. So if they had played today the gap between the games would have been the same as Wednesday/Saturday lunchtime.

Teams have a squad of 25 plus under 21s. Use them. 

The other 72 teams in the EFL have been playing Saturday/Wednesday for years and they’ve never cried about it.
    It's not just about the Premier league though, it's also the fact that every other major league in Europe have gone with 5 subs. So when it gets to the latter stages of European competitions the premier league teams will be at a disadvantage (which i accept will not bother anyone on this forum).

But also come next summer when we wonder why our top players look knackered at the Euro's after playing 60 games in 8 months we'll know why.
  • Cavani facing an FA investigation for an Instagram post were he used a racial word.

Apparently in South America its not racist and is used by Uruguayans as a term of endearment, but in English it didnt look good and Apparently will require an FA Investigation
    Pathetic really given the message was replying to Bruno Fernandes and said 'Gracias negrito'.

I'm no south american language expert but i'm sure chatting to a white guy and saying 'thank you' before using the word, means there was nothing racist meant to it.

Bit different to when Suarez used it to Evra during a slanging match, and (allegedly) said something like 'i don't speak with negritos'
  • Cavani facing an FA investigation for an Instagram post were he used a racial word.

Pathetic really given the message was replying to Bruno Fernandes and said 'Gracias negrito'.

I'm no south american language expert but i'm sure chatting to a white guy and saying 'thank you' before using the word, means there was nothing racist meant to it.

Bit different to when Suarez used it to Evra during a slanging match, and (allegedly) said something like 'i don't speak with negritos'
    And followed him round the pitch saying it a few times.

Cavani will get a ban though, bit daft in this day and age to not be aware enough to not put that on social media.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn't Suarez banned for saying "Negrito" to Evra?

• JohnBoyUK said:
    Arsenal get beaten at home again and not one of you have mentioned it.

Blimey people, standards are slipping on here!
    We would but it was a surprise for that to happen but it's their third on the trot at home in the league.

In fact, we're as likely to post about an Arsenal home defeat as we are for Spurs, under Mourinho, "parking the bus" against the better sides in the PL - just 3 shots on target in total in 180 minutes against City and Chelsea 
  • Jose will be pleased with that.
  • Wolves striker Raul Jimenez has had surgery on a fractured skull suffered in a clash of heads during his side's Premier League win at Arsenal.

"Raul is comfortable following an operation last night," Wolves said in a statement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55125293
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Arsenal get beaten at home again and not one of you have mentioned it.

Blimey people, standards are slipping on here!
    'Trust the process' has already turned to 'if he loses at Spurs we need to sack him' over on AFTV.

Worst Arsenal side of the last 25 years.
  • Croydon said:
    Klopp is such a whiney prick. When have the media ever made him out to be anything other than a darling? Glad is true colours are starting to come to light. 
    But to be fair to him he was right.

If Liverpool played Wednesday night, why put them as the early saturday kick off? Even the late game would've been a bit better, or they could've just played today and Southampton v United (who played Tuesday) could've been played yesterday instead. I know you can't please every manager and they'll always be someone with something to moan about but i agree with him here.

They should also bring in the 5 subs rule as every other top league has 5 subs. Sheffield United are supposedly one of the main advocates for keeping it at 3 subs, why? It's not as if sticking with 3 subs has served them well so far, they're on track for a record low points total!! 
    I was on about his comments about the ref/penalty. Didn't get as far as the sub bit!
  • GET IN!!!... Lookman opens the scoring for Fulham @ Leicester
  • edited November 2020
    Got to be a penalty to Fulham!! - Yup given!!
  • Another penalty to Fulham. Can they score at last from one?
  • Sponsored links:

• 4th Leicester game i've seen this season, i've yet to see them score.

0-3 v West Ham, 0-1 v Villa, 0-3 at Liverpool. 

They'd win the league if i didn't watch them.
  • Shame, would haven given Lookman another opportunity after being on a high after the opening goal
  • Wow Fulham have actually scored a penalty 
  • Fulham doing to Leicester what Leicester do to teams when they play away - hit the opposition on the counter with pace
  • Shame, would haven given Lookman another opportunity after being on a high after the opening goal
    The thing is as he is ex CAFC we would say that lol, from Fulhams point of View, Lookman already has his goal and his miss was because he tried something stupid, Cavaleiro missed his one because of a slip, so they probably wanted him to get his confidence back
    The thing is as he is ex CAFC we would say that lol, from Fulhams point of View, Lookman already has his goal and his miss was because he tried something stupid, Cavaleiro missed his one because of a slip, so they probably wanted him to get his confidence back
    Cavaleiro's miss wasn't much better though, as Danny Murphy pointed out the angle of his run made slipping over a real possibility
  • 5:30 kick off during the week. Blimey us lot would have a meltdown if this happened at The Valley. Any reason why it’s such an early kickoff? 
  • Croydon said:

Alex Ferguson was a lovely bloke ?
    He Intimated refs so much that when a penalty was finally given against United at Old Trafford after a couple of years the team surrounded the ref as that wasn't in the script. Not keen on Anything Scouse but Klopp remit is Liverpool manager and to fight their corner. He didn't even contest any of the decisions; Just the schedule and the questions.
  • 5:30 kick off during the week. Blimey us lot would have a meltdown if this happened at The Valley. Any reason why it’s such an early kickoff? 
    Probably because they are trying to fit all 10 matches into a weekend, matches not overlapping so every game can be on TV and can be watched by all, had 2 games left for today one at 8pm so the other one had to be 5.30
    Probably because they are trying to fit all 10 matches into a weekend, matches not overlapping so every game can be on TV and can be watched by all, had 2 games left for today one at 8pm so the other one had to be 5.30
    Thanks mate, makes sense now.