Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    Since the 2016-17 season Fulham have missed in all comps 16 of their 31 penalties. You've got more chance of winning a coin toss than them scoring from one!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I’m a very liberal bloke. I’ve no beef with Millwall or Palace. Think it’s a daft ‘rivally’. 
    But I’m really happy to see Parker on the sidelines tonight looking beaten.
    He really is a shithouse. Yeah he had a good career after leaving us. But his moral fibre is worse than Taylor imo. 
    I think he gets a bit less stick because he had a good career. 

But here he is in his Burton suit trying to be all worthy, post match. 
    As I say, I’m really not a bitter man. But I hope he fails miserably. 
    Tosser. 

• Options
    Pretty impressive result for Liverpool given they were missing Van Dijk, Gomez, Alexander-Arnold, Henderson, Thiago and Salah.

Big reality check for Leicester.
  • Options
    I recall playing in an important game where we had a late penalty to win it. We were discussing who should take it with the ball on the spot and one of our team had a rush of blood to the head and ran up to the ball, kicked the ground first, got so little contact that it rolled towards the goal so slowly that it wouldn't have crossed the line even if the keeper hadn't picked it up! We were still together discussing who would be taking it as he hoofed it upfield.

When I managed, I always went through the penalty takers before the game. Sometimes I would get a 'we know' but I wanted to remind the players what should happen. I had a list going down to five. Number one would take the penalty unless he didn't fancy it, then it would go to two etc... I went to five because we had roll on roll off subs and I didn't know who would be on the pitch. The one time they broke my rule, because a player was on a hat-trick, the player missed it. Although it didn't cost us the game I made a point of that never being repeated.
  • Options
    Arsenal fans seem to like Arteta but as an outsider i can't see that they've really improved.

They won the FA Cup somehow, and defensively they're not conceding as many goals as they were but overall i can't say they really look any better and they seem as far away as ever from finishing top 4.
  • Options
    Arsenal fans seem to like Arteta but as an outsider i can't see that they've really improved.

They won the FA Cup somehow, and defensively they're not conceding as many goals as they were but overall i can't say they really look any better and they seem as far away as ever from finishing top 4.
    You would have thought that they should have got one against Leeds, a team who are always looking to press and attack. 

Saying that, defence has been a long term issue with Arsenal and players like Tierney, Holding and Gabriel have all looked very good. 

I think it's seen as more a positive that the swamp is being drained in the background. Alot of bloated salaries for expensive decisions, letting that Raul Sanllehi go and having Arteta and Edu have more a say in transfer deals for one. I imagine getting Mustafi and Ozil off the wage bill will be more than beneficial. 
  • Options

Sometimes, especially when someone is trying to re-build a team AND change their style, you have to go through a lot of pain. Most times managers are appointed they know that they are living on borrowed time so go for the soft, short term options. 

Alex Ferguson changed everything from top to bottom at United. But he was just one match away from being sacked. The rest, as they say, is history.
  • Options
    They sacked Emery last November when they were 8th in the table, and 8 points off the top 4.

A year later they are 11th and have scored 9 goals in 9 games.
  • Options
    They sacked Emery last November when they were 8th in the table, and 8 points off the top 4.

A year later they are 11th and have scored 9 goals in 9 games.
    Ooh you are awful,but I like you.
  • Options

I agree. Think they are really struggling with creativity, they have a reliance on Aubameyang to score goals with nobody else chipping in or anybody to create. Nelson and Martinelli haven't really kicked on and Ozil is obviously frozen out. Pepe was probably meant to be that man but even ignoring yesterday's stupidity he hasn't done enough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many Arsenal players would get in a combined team with Spurs at the moment? Leno and Lloris are fairly even. Maybe Bellerin or Saka? Maybe Partey once he’s settled. 
  • Options
    How many Arsenal players would get in a combined team with Spurs at the moment? Leno and Lloris are fairly even. Maybe Bellerin or Saka? Maybe Partey once he’s settled. 
    Aubameyang would easily, you'd have him left, Kane central and Son right of a front 3.
  • Options
    Aubameyang would easily, you'd have him left, Kane central and Son right of a front 3.
    I thought about him but not convinced atm. I agree that 4-3-3 he’d be the third
  • Options

They would be unstoppable, as we now know Kane is superb at assists and can play as a central striker or deeper. Aubameyang  can play central or do great runs down the Channels and Son is the same but being smaller isn't a traditional Centre forward but his skill levels are immense and his partnership with Harry is outstanding.

3 excellent strikers/forwards/ goalscorers.
  • Options
    No way he gets in ahead of Hojbjerg, i think he's been one of the signings of the season so far.
  • Options

I think they are probably 2 or 3 players away from being a title chasing side. That can be considered not much or a lot. Getting 2 or 3 of the right players isn't easy as everybody else wants them too.
  • Options
    Weird that we now have an Arsenal team who are much tighter at the back, but aren't creating or scoring much. But then how much money (transfer fee and wages) has been wasted on Pepe and Ozil...
  • Options
    These coming together with the head  wouldn't knock your granny over but would still like to see Pepe given a 3 match ban for being a moron and the Leeds player should get a two match ban for being a hammy actor. 
    People taking about it as if it's something new. I remember Neil Redfearn collapsing to get a player sent off after a similar incident when playing for us 20 years ago
  • Options
    Zaha has tested positive for Covid and misses today's game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And are losing after just 7 minutes!
  • Options
    If the score stays the same, Palace will have lost 14 of the last 16 games that Zaha hasn't featured.

Who says that they are a one man team?
  • Options
    Pope really does struggle with the ball at his feet
  • Options
    Zaha tore Burnley apart at Turf Moor last season.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Zaha has tested positive for Covid and misses today's game. 
    Made him my FF captain for today ffs.

It’s lucky I already despise Palace as much as I do.
  • Options
    Batshuayi is a complete enigma. He's scored 21 goals in 32 games for Belgium but 13 in 65 in the PL - only 17 of those games are for Palace and whilst he was used a lot as a sub for Chelsea, it still doesn't explain the disparity.
  • Options
    Nick Pope did that for Charlton imo
  • Options
    Well that's cheered me up!

Now fuck off you jammy cheating stripey cnuts!

AND relax...