Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    I see Andy Robertson missed Scotland's game yesterday with injury.

Liverpool's entire first choice back 4 are now injured. 
  • Options
    Oh dear how sad nevermind.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Oh dear how sad nevermind.
    Yeah no one will shed a tear. I remember last season saying how the key to their consistency was how they never got injuries, pretty much selected the same XI (apart from a few games) for almost 2 seasons. Now it's all turned to shit.
  • Options
    Minutes silence at 11am to show concern for them?
  • Options
    Wonder if they'll be recalling a loan player from Bromley to put a team out
  • Options
    Chelsea are flying now. 7 unbeaten, scoring goals, defensive problems solved, solid keeper who looks a bargain buy, and now going top (temporarily) of the table.
  • Options
    Aston Villa get a penalty in the 92nd minute, ref gets advised to go to the monitor and it gets ruled out

Glen Johnson @ Soccer Saturday claiming it should stand!!

And we thought that Technology in Football would take away the discussions
  • Options
    Aston Villa get a penalty in the 92nd minute, ref gets advised to go to the monitor and it gets ruled out

Glen Johnson @ Soccer Saturday claiming it should stand!!

And we thought that Technology in Football would take away the discussions
    And now I have 5 very very unhappy people in a group chat who all had Watkins on Goalscorer Challenge 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Villa player flicked the ball past the Brighton defender, it took a deflection off the Brighton shin as it passed and then the Brighton player catches the attacker.

One of those where you could argue anywhere else on the pitch and it’s a free kick but ref seemed to decide that because the defender touched the ball, it wasn’t a foul.
  • Options
    Would've been a very soft penalty, he was barely touched and went down like he'd been hacked down by Roy Keane.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Confused as to why the City goal was disallowed seemed to hit Jesus above the T Shirt line which I thought in accordance to the new rules meant it wasnt handball
  • Options
    This is a classic Mourinho performance
  • Options
    Spurs 3 shots. City 17 shots.

2-0 Spurs.
  • Options

2-0 Spurs.
    Still cant see Spurs winning the title... They're Spurs!! 
  • Options
    Kane with as good an all round centre forward performance as you could ask for without scoring himself. Unplayable.
  • Options
    You could probably argue Kane is the best in the world right now. 

And you wouldn’t be far wrong.
  • Options
    City just can't get going this season, dreadful start for them. 12 points and 10 goals scored from 8 games.
  • Options
    Harry kane what a player
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    You could probably argue Kane is the best in the world right now. 

And you wouldn’t be far wrong.
    I think for goals and doing it at the top level for longer you could argue it's Lewandowski.

But Kane has absolutely stepped it up this season and turned into a more all round striker. 10 assists in the last three PL seasons combined, but this season alone he already has 9.
  • Options
    You wont see a better performance from an English CB this season than Eric Dier's tonight.  Magnificient.

Hope the knocker on the England thread who I called out on Wednesday actually watched that game.

(Disclaimer - you watch him play like a clown against Chelsea now next week!)

Dier and Kane aside, honourable mentions for Aurier and Reggie the full backs and PEH and Sissoko in midfield.

The competition at CM for creativity between Dombers and Lo Celso goes from strength to strength.  The swivel from Dombers to send 3 City players one way and then the pass to Sonny for the goal was Hoddle-esque.  Lo Celso's work rate when he came on was something else.

Can say nothing else about Kane.  World class.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

2-0 Spurs.
    Still cant see Spurs winning the title... They're Spurs!! 
    Had we not slipped up against Newcaslte and West Ham, we'd be 6pts clear now.  So annoying but acted as a proper kick up the harris.
  • Options
    Gallagher is looking very good in the first half against Man United. 
  • Options
    Gallagher fouled in the box, penalty overturned by VAR. Man U go down the other end and get their own penalty. Saved by the keeper but retaken because he came off his line.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Has the standard of refereeing ever been lower? I was always, and still am I suppose, a supporter of VAR. But it would be better implemented by chimps. 
  • Options
    Would West Brom ever get a decision like that in their favour?
  • Options
    This is what gets me about England. If the players dedicate themselves to putting in the same desire and preparation for their country as they do for their club, there is no reason why they couldn’t make history this summer.... but we won’t even get the first choice team on the pitch before then.

Dier was superb today. Kane world class. 

Kane, Sterling and Sancho / Rashford / Grealish? Nobody can tell me that shouldn’t be as good as anything else in the world.

Foden, Henderson, Walker, Chilwell, Mount etc.

Dier, Gomez and Maguire are three centre backs who are performing at the highest level

Get them playing for their country every game and get the spirit up and they might actually do what they should do this time 
  • Options
    VAR really is killing the game for me. Not sure if its that or no fans being allowed in, but football feels flat at the moment. 
  • Options
    This is what gets me about England. If the players dedicate themselves to putting in the same desire and preparation for their country as they do for their club, there is no reason why they couldn’t make history this summer.... but we won’t even get the first choice team on the pitch before then.

Dier was superb today. Kane world class. 

Kane, Sterling and Sancho / Rashford / Grealish? Nobody can tell me that shouldn’t be as good as anything else in the world.

Foden, Henderson, Walker, Chilwell, Mount etc.

Dier, Gomez and Maguire are three centre backs who are performing at the highest level

Get them playing for their country every game and get the spirit up and they might actually do what they should do this time 
    Difficult when City/Chelsea etc are putting pressure on the national team to withdraw players at the smallest niggles. Sterling and Chilwell spring to mind this week.
  • Options
    Just when you’re still recovering from the hell of  Liverpool winning the title something a million times worse appears on the horizon ffs 
    Spurs winning it ffs 
    Man City are poooo , scousers not the same without VVD,  its Spurs’ to lose , come on you scousers ffs 
    sickening 
    If they win it I’d want lockdown forever , I mean imagine getting in a black taxi at any point again in the next 50 years having to listen to them Cnuts , fuck off 
  • Options
    Spurs wont win it. All it takes is an injury to son or kane and they are knackered. Leicester on the other hand, who knows.