Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    Get those gloves off Vardy, you big tart ...
    Was thinking the same, you could understand an African or South American, but not the northern bloke who was slumming it in non league a few years ago. Is it even that cold? None of Wolves' half a dozen Portuguese players are in gloves.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    If and its a big IF, that Liverpool win against City the Premier will have its 4th different leader: Southampton, Spurs, and Leicester, this weekend.
  • Options
    don't normally watch any live games, but have the time and appetite to watch this, anyone got a stream/method to share?

• Options
    A day of nonsense penalties really (apart from the Kyle Walker one). Neither were handball.

The ruling generally has cheapened the value of goals.
  • Options
    Thought Liverpool and City both looked poor. Second half was like both didn’t want to give up ground on the other by going for the win and getting caught. Whether that’s because the league looks so poor this season I dunno. I think Chelsea are really in with a shout at the moment.
  • Options
    Leicester at 28/1 look a misprice... I don't think they will win the league, but could back that and take it off when they come shorter.
  • Options
    Villa been excellent
  • Options
    Villa been excellent
    Dean Smith has recruited extremely well this summer
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    They're genuinely good to watch. Grealish outstanding as usual. Can't believe he isn't an England regular yet. Konsa has also been very solid
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    CAFCsayer said:
    Leicester at 28/1 look a misprice... I don't think they will win the league, but could back that and take it off when they come shorter.
    I got 50/1 on PP a few days ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They're genuinely good to watch. Grealish outstanding as usual. Can't believe he isn't an England regular yet. Konsa has also been very solid
    Does playing well against Arsenal count as "playing against the next-tier of opposition" I wonder
  • Options
    The 3rd goal was superb. Grealish ran half the length of the pitch just as fast with the ball than Bellerin (who is pretty quick) did without it, then barged (fairly) Bellerin away, before weighting a perfect pass through to Watkins to score.

England need him. Surely even Southgate can't leave him out now. And i don't mean for the shitty friendly with Ireland, i mean for the actual main games against Belgium and Iceland
  • Options
    Arsenal are hilarious though. If you listen to sky/pundits you'd think they were title contenders, but they are really poor. Haven't been contenders for years and won't be for a few more. They'll do well to even get near the top 6 unless they buy well in January.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Arsenal are hilarious though. If you listen to sky/pundits you'd think they were title contenders, but they are really poor. Haven't been contenders for years and won't be for a few more. They'll do well to even get near the top 6 unless they buy well in January.
    I've got a load of dough with two mates from work that they'll finish outside of the top 4 and feel quietly confident it'll come in... They won't finish above City, Liverpool or Chelsea and the last place is highly contested. 4th is their best hope and I don't think they'll even get that
  • Options
    I think we've effectively got a top two now in the Premier League

Apart from those right down the bottom I feel the likes of Everton | Southampton | Wolves | Leicester could all get ahead of Chelsea | Man Utd | Arsenal | Spurs - The teams expected to win the title make it feel like any other European League but the Division as a whole feels so competitive at the moment
  • Options

Apart from those right down the bottom I feel the likes of Everton | Southampton | Wolves | Leicester could all get ahead of Chelsea | Man Utd | Arsenal | Spurs - The teams expected to win the title make it feel like any other European League but the Division as a whole feels so competitive at the moment
    I can't see any of them finishing above Chelsea or Spurs. It's a long tough season and those with the bigger squads will prevail. Look how Everton have struggled without Richarlison for 3 games.

Top 4 for me will be Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs but not necessarily in that order. Shaping up to be a great season though.
  • Options
    Thoughts on this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54866411

No sympathy at all for me. With 46 league games, as well as the early rounds of the FA Cup, League Cup and Johnstone's Paint Trophy, League One and Two clubs could easily play the same amount of games, if not more, than some Premier League clubs, with smaller squads and inferior medical departments. Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday is the norm for EFL clubs.

Whilst I appreciate that there are more demanding fixture schedules with European travel, this doesn't negate the fact that teams want the TV money, and with that comes fixtures being moved to be shown at multiple kick off times at the weekend. Similarly, Premier League teams have a squad of 25 plus youngsters. Therefore, rotate more! Don't leave Salah and Mane on when you're 4-0 up. Liverpool haven't even got a decent back up for Alexander-Arnold who seems to play every game, so no doubt he's going to pick up injuries.

Do European competitions need to be revised so there are less teams, so less fixtures played? Or remove the 2-legged approach of matches?

Remove replays from FA Cups? They've already removed replays for now, and moved some rounds to midweek, but this is surely not reducing the amount of games?

Premier League teams not being entered in the League Cup? Not that it appears to be an issue as most teams play youngsters/fringe players anyway.
  • Options
    It always amazes me that these top teams are constantly moaning about the heavy schedules their poor luvvies on £200k a week are supposed to deal with, when the moment there's an International break, those left behind fly off to Dubai or Singapore for a 'friendly'.
  • Options
    I had a couple of quid on Chelsea before season's start .. I no longer have sky/BT live action games, BUT what little I have seen and heard, Chelsea now have one of, if not THE top attack in the Premier League and the 'old man' Silva has brought guile and composure to the defence .. AND Chilwell & Reece James ? .. need I go on ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Konsa is arguably playing better than Gomez now...
  • Options

I can't see any of them finishing above Chelsea or Spurs. It's a long tough season and those with the bigger squads will prevail. Look how Everton have struggled without Richarlison for 3 games.

Top 4 for me will be Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs but not necessarily in that order. Shaping up to be a great season though.
    Everton, Soton and Wolves don't have European football, making squad depth less important
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    It always amazes me that these top teams are constantly moaning about the heavy schedules their poor luvvies on £200k a week are supposed to deal with, when the moment there's an International break, those left behind fly off to Dubai or Singapore for a 'friendly'.
    Or they somehow forget the fact they're constantly striving for more games in European Football

This European Premier League would be added to the calendar, thats 30-more games that Man Utd and Liverpool wanted adding

Yet its them who complain about the scheduling more than everyone else
  • Options

Everton, Soton and Wolves don't have European football, making squad depth less important
    Are you seriously saying any of these are champions league contenders? Southampton?!
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Are you seriously saying any of these are champions league contenders? Southampton?!
    Are you saying none of them are? Weird given Leicester should really have been in it this season. 
  • Options

Why not?

It's unlikely, but it's a massive help not having to play midweek European games as well
    Even last season with their terrible start and 9-0 defeat, Soton only finished 4 points behind Arsenal and 7 behind Spurs
  • Options
    Seen a Premier league table with all the club badges next to each club, and it reminded me of the 80's. Remember as a kid collecting the Panini stickers and I was fascinated by club badges and learned most clubs by the time I was 10. Show me a canary and I'd tell you you it was Norwich, I learnt them all.
    Seeing Southampton, Leicester, Everton, Spurs club badges reminds me of what a weird season it it.
    All that's missing is seeing a Notts Forest badge near the top😀
  • Options
    I fancy Southampton to sneak top 4. 
  • Options

Are you saying none of them are? Weird given Leicester should really have been in it this season. 
    Yes. I'm quite confident that Everton, Southampton and Wolves will not finish in the top 4.
  • Options
    We can, rightly, laugh at this sub-pub league defending but the overall standard of defending in our top division is the poorest ever. There's a derth of genuine top class defenders in the league and clubs seem to be prioritising attacking full backs over basic defensive ability.

It should result in more goals and entertainment for the neutral I suppose but it just winds me up when I see defenders getting caught out of position time and again or giving silly possession away.

And, yeah, I did play in defence back in the dim, distance past...