Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Washington - now at Derby (p26)

Comments

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Struggling to see who deserves to beat him to the runner-up slot for POTY. 
    He, Clare and CBT are the best of the rest after the obvious winner. 
    Would include Stockley in there too 
  • Options
    Surely Dobson will get 99% of the votes .  Clare annoyed me with that red card - Washington would be next, for me .  
  • Options
    Sage said:
    To show how important he actually is, he’s scored 9 in 15 starts under Jackson since being played in his natural position up front.

In that time he’s had covid and missed a month through a hamstring injury. Without that, you could say he probably would have scored at least a couple more goals.

A key player and one that Jackson really likes. I have absolutely no doubt that he will be here next season.
    I can well understand that Jackson wants to keep him, but unless you have inside knowledge I don't know how you can say that. Surely he is likely to be in demand elsewhere? 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    To show how important he actually is, he’s scored 9 in 15 starts under Jackson since being played in his natural position up front.

In that time he’s had covid and missed a month through a hamstring injury. Without that, you could say he probably would have scored at least a couple more goals.

A key player and one that Jackson really likes. I have absolutely no doubt that he will be here next season.
    I can well understand that Jackson wants to keep him, but unless you have inside knowledge I don't know how you can say that. Surely he is likely to be in demand elsewhere? 
    Exactly, plenty of clubs would be interested in him. Depends on how much we want to offer him to stay
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

He will be here next season :smile:
    I’d be very happy with that, in my opinion, on the whole (and the stats back it up) we are just a better team when he plays. 

Also he is one of my favourite players to watch. Not just because of his tireless running, but as I’ve mentioned it previously, his ability to control a moving ball at pace in tight spaces. 

For me he is an exciting player to watch. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Questionable Twitter account but the sort of move I expect he’ll get (Championship side expecting to come straight back down or League 1 side aiming for top 6).

• Options
    Ridiculous. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always gonna end up at a better club than us, deserves decent move
  • Options
    Sage said:
    He’ll do well and good on him. Still a pathetic decision to not offer him the deal he wanted. Whole situation of it stinks.

Good luck Conor!
    We we know the truth and the sort of contract he wanted? For example if he wanted a three year deal and a big wage increase then I’d understand why we didn’t offer it.
  • Options
    He didn't have a good goal scoring rectors in league 1. I doubt he will get 5 for a Rotherham team that will struggle in the league above
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Sounds about the right level honestly. No doubt he would do well for them, if not in double figure goal contributions, then harrying the back lines of opposition teams.

Rotherham expect a battle at the bottom I’m sure. Having an asset like Conor would help turn defensive lines and keep the ball up the other end of the pitch.
  • Options
    We've kept Davison over Washington, pretty much then?
  • Options
    We should have kept Washington and released Martin Sandgaard 
    It’s mental. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I assumed we kept Davison so we could get a fee. I hope I'm not wrong.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    mendonca said:
    Davison might as well be the bloody manager at this rate. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Scoham said:
    mendonca said:
    Be prepared to be disappointed, I have not seen anything to suggest we are selling him.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Scoham said:
    mendonca said:
    Be prepared to be disappointed, I have not seen anything to suggest we are selling him.
    What would you expect to see which would suggest we are selling him?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Scoham said:
    mendonca said:
    I think the ext was done in the hope that Swindon would buy him, I'm not sure they will. One of the issues with us atm is we have players like Davison and Morgan who whilst young just are not good enough and that is proven in that we have never been in any fear that another club will steal them. If either of them are anywhere near the 1st team squad next season we really will be in trouble
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Scoham said:
    mendonca said:
    What would you expect to see which would suggest we are selling him?
    There is enough transfer activity being reported on news channels of confirmed signings for League 1 and the club did not drag their heels releasing our released player list. Plus Swindon do not appear to be pulling up trees to get him to sign on a perm.

All early days and he is probably on a beach somewhere but the fact he has not been been mentioned by CAFC as yet suggests he may be staying, but I could, and I hope I am wrong. 
  • Options
    Crazy decision to let him walk away. I know it’s not saying much but my favourite player last season. 
  • Options
    Signed for Rotherham while we were all watching swindon's twitter feed.  2 year deal, so one of them will be in the championship. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Scoham said:
    Questionable Twitter account but the sort of move I expect he’ll get (Championship side expecting to come straight back down or League 1 side aiming for top 6).

Questionable Twitter account was right.

Put this one down as an ITK account.