Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Washington - now at Derby (p26)

Comments

• Options
    Wasn't sad to see him go but will be apoplectic if we keep Davison & not replace Washington.
  • Options
    Will probably score 4 or 5 goals and cause a rift on the changing room
  • Options
    He must have one hell of an agent. Limited player who works hard 
  • Options
    Best of luck to the bloke. I think he may do very well in a team that knows what system it is playing. Always worked his nuts off for us, goes with my best wishes.
  • Options

So there we have it. He had an offer from Rotherham very early so assumedly we would have had to match it to have a chance of keeping him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to Connor a bottom 6 Championship team/top 6 L1 team seems right for him.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

• Options
    A good move for him, his workrate will suit Rotherham's style.

I suspect that he would have stayed if we had made him a reasonable offer, I didn't get the impression he wanted to move.

I'm not over concerned about losing him, only that I have no confidence we'll bring in someone better 
  • Options
    Mental releasing him, no way in he'll will we get a better player as third choice, and I'd like to think that is probably what he would have been
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Swisdom said:

You won’t miss him if you go to Rotherham too,
    Was about to say the same.
  • Options
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/94077/conor-washington-gone/p1

Never forget. Some people on the released thread describing him as average mid table League One level and thinking he might go to Wimbledon with Jacko..!
  • Options
    Good luck Connor thanks for all your considerable effort 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only at Charlton do we release players at League 1 level & they then end up in a higher division within days 
  • Options

Never forget. Some people on the released thread describing him as average mid table League One level and thinking he might go to Wimbledon with Jacko..!
    He is average league 1. He must have a good agent.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I doubt he will score more than 5 in the league next season, excluding penalties
  • Options
    On one side we can say it's a pathetic decision to 'let him go', but on the other, could we have competed with a Championship team's wages offered?
  • Options

He is average league 1. He must have a good agent.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I doubt he will score more than 5 in the league next season, excluding penalties
    "he won't get a Championship deal"

*gets a Championship deal"

"must have a good agent"

...or maybe Paul Warne & team at Rotherham know more about what makes a good player than the average bloke on the internet.
    Rotherham probably have a smaller budget than clubs like Ipswich. Not convinced he’d have got a Championship move had traditionally bigger clubs got promoted to the Championship instead.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

I'm sure he'll earn great money on the bench. 

If he starts for them they will struggle, simple. 
  • Options
    I mean they're absolutely going to finish 24th, barring Birmingham's hearteningly ongoing trajectory