Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Elliott statement

Comments

• edited July 2020
    Good to know that Elliot feels our pain.....As if - just how big a collection of mugs does he take us for ?

His statement comprises six paragraphs of insincere waffle, followed by an assertion that "I put money in to keep the club running in May and in June and will continue to do so." As Henry says, why on earth would anyone put their personal money into a business that they do not own - as was acknowledged in the Manchester High Court last Friday ? 

Perhaps what he meant to say was that the undisclosed principals of the consortium which I front have procured a short term loan to cover three or so months wages. If that is, indeed, the case, I fear the rate of interest will be somewhat higher than the best current easy access rate of 1.16%. Let us hope that any interest is not comparable to the utterly extortionate and punitive rates which Steve Dale saddled Bury with. There was, I think, more than a slight clue about this funding in one of Nimer's pronouncements - I think it was via one of his Romanian colleagues, rather than an intemperate late night Instagram - in which it was said that any funds introduced would have to be via a loan, given Southall's "continued involvement". That involvement had to be as a shareholder, given Southall's prior dismissal as executive chairman and director.

No word whatsoever from Elliot on the real nub of the issue - the source and sufficiency of funds, which has been dragging on for an interminable eight months. Just some words of sophistry about how he and his colleagues (whoever they are) will be explaining everything to the supporters once everything is hunky dory with the EFL.

Incidentally, good to see that heat is being applied to Farnell. I seem to recall him saying early in the year that Nimer would be introducing funds "in accordance with the business plan, rather than when Mr Southall demands them". I wonder whatever happened to that document ?

When trying to flip Bury following his purchase of the club for £1 (an eerie similarity here), Steve Dale was reportedly demanding £2million for his "time and resources".

I wonder where ESI got the idea for this acquisition from ?

What on earth are the EFL waiting for ?
  • Slater used to say that stuff. 'I am putting in a million pounds a month' didn't he?

• He looks like he could be a contestant on Come Dine With Me or a disgruntled b&b owner on 4 in a Bed who’s just found out someone has paid him £85 a night instead of the £95 he charges for the room
  • edited July 2020
    Swisdom said:
    Radical thought - how about we give PE the benefit of the doubt for now.  It's not as though we are swimming in options right now.

Everyone is slagging him off for not saying anything - it seems there is something going on that he cannot yet speak about.  He gives a few tidbits and everyone is slagging him off.

Right now we need the EFL to sort their shit out - absolutely critical.  And then we need to start looking at next season - the management, the squad etc.  If someone doesn't want to be in League 1 then so be it - goodbye and thanks.  But we don't have time to dwell.

I know several people who have met PE now and nobody had a bad word to say.  I quote "he came in to the office and stopped at everyone's desk, spoke to them and asked how they were and what their role at the club is.  He seems a genuine nice bloke."  In comparison the same person said of Southall "He would march in, ignore everyone and demand a cup of tea".  

I dare say I'll get grief from the usual suspects on here and get labelled an apologist once again (like when I said of Roland "it may be better the devil you know") but so be it.  Sometimes there is so much misinformation spread it distorts peoples views of what is really happening.

I regard the statement as a step in the right direction but now is the time for actions and not just fluffy words

I know many genuine nice people, but none of them have £20M spare & nor does Elliot. 
    Elliott has about as close to 20 million as Southall, you were prepared to belive him because he smiles and said nice things.  What does Elliott not have that Southall did?

Or is it once bitten and now nothing other than the utipoia of Varney and a (as good as) billionaire is good enough?

That's not a dig at you, it's an observation of a lot of people. 

I think your right on this one but many "lifers of high regard" swallowed Roland, the spivs and Southall.  Some 3 out of 3, some 1 or 2.  Now many of the same people are fighting battles that don't exist with shadows.

Now @Swisdom makes first hand observations and get the a load of stick for it. 

For what it's worth PE probably is a nice guy, probably has no money, and is probably as confused as most of us.  I bet not even he knows the all the reasons he is here. 
  • If that's not a dig at me & the majority of CAFC supporters I don't know what is.
    That's me done for the night.

• I wouldn't read too much into Bowyer's comments about PE putting money into the club, wouldn't surprise me if it was the advancement of money from the EFL that got us through the rest of the season and then funding going forward from any player worth anything like Phillips, Doughty etc which seemed to be clear based on Bowyer's comments that anyone worth anything will be sold.

Bowyer has made positive noises previously about RD which many of us just put down to Bowyer trying to butter RD up for a better budget.

Until the transfer embargo is lifted I want anyone connected with ESI gone out of the club completely.
    I don't think Bowyer would lie?
    No not saying Bowyer has lied at all. It just wouldn't surprise me if he's been fed lies the same way Mouthall did to everyone.
  • If that's not a dig at me & the majority of CAFC supporters I don't know what is.
    That's me done for the night.

Not it's not a dig, people were prepared to belive Southall, lots of people.  Bowyer defended Elliott, Swisdom gives first hand accounts and people shit on him (Swisdom that is).

Of course I don't think Elliott is the real deal, but don't shit on the person saying he maybe.  Because the last 3 owners made a lot of people look like tits. 
  • edited July 2020
    Macronate said:
    Been stung too many times recently.

Mother Theresa could’ve put that statement out and I still wouldn’t believe a word of  it.
    So true. Actions over words.

Only actions happened under their watch so far is a protracted EFL approval, relegation  and more confusion and opaqueness whilst a lawyer communicates selectively in legalesse on twitter.

How anyone can give this mob the benefit is beyond me.

Proper hardcore fans from Airman to NLA and Dodger cynical to the hilt over this current lot but because they're  (Elliot at al) apparently nice blokes they're worth giving a go after all that's gone on and the connections with the previous version and negative history with other clubs.

Really is beyond belief. 

• Sponsored links:

• As I have said before, a bloke called Elliott based in the north has involvement in property, it's just not necessarily astute and not the kind of interest anyone likes. 
  • shuffs67 said:
    What happen if Paul Elliot fails to pass the ELF fit and proper person test
    I'm sure he won't fail that test, hardly anyone does. 

What he will surely fail though, is when they ask him to show proof and source of funds.
  • shuffs67 said:
    What happen if Paul Elliot fails to pass the ELF fit and proper person test
    He's not that short is he?
  • Paper work for Paul Elliott has not been presented to the EFL. See the takeover thread. 
  • If you don't present the paperwork, you can't fail the test. Has Nimer failed the test? The only thing that is true is that neither has passed the test! It seems to be the same stalling approach just moved on to another person.
  • Farnell still clearly dictating how things get put out in the media. Look at the BBC report on Elliott's statement.

'Hammersmith born Elliott'

BBC News - Charlton Athletic: New owner Paul Elliott says his is committed despite relegation
  • AndyG said:
    Swisdom said:
    Radical thought - how about we give PE the benefit of the doubt for now.  It's not as though we are swimming in options right now.

Everyone is slagging him off for not saying anything - it seems there is something going on that he cannot yet speak about.  He gives a few tidbits and everyone is slagging him off.

Right now we need the EFL to sort their shit out - absolutely critical.  And then we need to start looking at next season - the management, the squad etc.  If someone doesn't want to be in League 1 then so be it - goodbye and thanks.  But we don't have time to dwell.

I know several people who have met PE now and nobody had a bad word to say.  I quote "he came in to the office and stopped at everyone's desk, spoke to them and asked how they were and what their role at the club is.  He seems a genuine nice bloke."  In comparison the same person said of Southall "He would march in, ignore everyone and demand a cup of tea".  

I dare say I'll get grief from the usual suspects on here and get labelled an apologist once again (like when I said of Roland "it may be better the devil you know") but so be it.  Sometimes there is so much misinformation spread it distorts peoples views of what is really happening.

I regard the statement as a step in the right direction but now is the time for actions and not just fluffy words

I'm as pessimistic as the next person after all the shite but I have to agree with the above and say give the bloke time. It seems he has had a meeting with LB. No resignation statement yet from LB. Why ? If he thought it was just a load of bollocks I'm sure he would have walked by now. Maybe PE is just fronting someone ? Question is who ? As I keep saying someone has put £1.5m in recently to keep admin at bay with from what I can see little chance on getting it back. 
    The Egyptian banker is putting the money in
  • DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    Swisdom said:

I'm as pessimistic as the next person after all the shite but I have to agree with the above and say give the bloke time. It seems he has had a meeting with LB. No resignation statement yet from LB. Why ? If he thought it was just a load of bollocks I'm sure he would have walked by now. Maybe PE is just fronting someone ? Question is who ? As I keep saying someone has put £1.5m in recently to keep admin at bay with from what I can see little chance on getting it back. 
    Is the word on the street.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    Swisdom said:

Typo?
  • And who is paying the banker?
  • AndyG said:
    A  cardboard cut out Chairman for a cardboard cut out club.

Complete joker.  

Any other waisters from the Chester area fancy having a go ?

Oi oi I'm near chester lol
    Oi oi and me!
  • DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    Swisdom said:

Pretty sure this is correct. The Egyptian banking link with Nemer is too much of a coincidence.

The fact that they set up Staunch Partners at the back end of November last year also supports those who believe that the whole sale from RD is/was a set up.
  • limeygent said:
    The guy came out and made a statement he didn't have to make. I'm as skeptical as anyone after everything that's happened, but I'm also an optimist, so willing to wait and see what happens next before slagging him off. 
    If we wait more than 7 weeks we may get booted out of the league. You could look at his history, or you could just blindly hope this isn't another play to bankrupt a club. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Is the word on the street.
    If he has been involved in ESI from day one, is he the man pulling the strings, not Nimer?
  • Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    Swisdom said:

Pretty sure this is correct. The Egyptian banking link with Nemer is too much of a coincidence.

The fact that they set up Staunch Partners at the back end of November last year also supports those who believe that the whole sale from RD is/was a set up.
    Wasn't Nimer's supposed proof of funds from an Egyptian bank account?
  • I believe so
  • He’s actually stupider than he thinks we are
    Snotgobblingdonkeyrapistsonofacrackwhore
  • If the club needs stability in ownership, pass the F*ing tests!