Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Elliott statement

Comments

• Options
    We are still awaiting EFL approval of the change in control of the club but once that comes through we will be in a position to outline our plans for the club and sit-down with fans to talk openly about our intentions for Charlton Athletic.

Don't quite follow this. He/they could have "talked openly" about their "intentions for Charlton Athletic" on a conditional basis as soon as they bought the company that owns the football club. I don't think any of us are so stupid that we wouldn't realize that they would need to be approved by the FL before being able to do any of it (whatever "it" is).

One interpretation might be that there plans for the club will only be revealed once it is too late to take action against them. My assumption is that it will involve property deals and relocating (short term or even permanently).
    Yes, it is a scam and they are playing for time, dutifully helped by the EFL's rules and tardiness.
    Do not under estimate these crooks they are exceptionally good at what they do.
    Farnell has been operating for years and years and no one has stopped him. 
    Nailed it.

• Options
    Off_it said:
    1968CAFC said:
    While it is fully understandable that no one trusts anyone at the moment,the fact is we have no  alternatives.So before we slaughter Elliott,let us give it a little bit of time,there will be a turnover in playing staff very soon,see who comes and goes,judge at the outcome.
        Absolutely correct,
        I appreciate and understand why there are so
        Many negative comments after what Roland Rat, 
        And slimy RAT face Southall / ESI have done.
        I think Elliot could well be the real deal, providing 
        The EFL Dickheads can make a sensible decision    
        Between them.
    Out of interest, what is it that makes you think Elliot could be the real deal? 

What has he actually done so far, or what is it about his past, that gives you that impression?
        Paul Elliot is a very respectable and educated
        Business man.
        He is not a get rich quick crooked scumbag from
        The seedy part of Blackburn.
        Paul Elliot could Buy/sell and dissolve that 
        Horrible suntanned Twat in 10 minutes.

• Options
    1968CAFC said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:
    Radical thought - how about we give PE the benefit of the doubt for now.  It's not as though we are swimming in options right now.

Everyone is slagging him off for not saying anything - it seems there is something going on that he cannot yet speak about.  He gives a few tidbits and everyone is slagging him off.

Right now we need the EFL to sort their shit out - absolutely critical.  And then we need to start looking at next season - the management, the squad etc.  If someone doesn't want to be in League 1 then so be it - goodbye and thanks.  But we don't have time to dwell.

I know several people who have met PE now and nobody had a bad word to say.  I quote "he came in to the office and stopped at everyone's desk, spoke to them and asked how they were and what their role at the club is.  He seems a genuine nice bloke."  In comparison the same person said of Southall "He would march in, ignore everyone and demand a cup of tea".  

I dare say I'll get grief from the usual suspects on here and get labelled an apologist once again (like when I said of Roland "it may be better the devil you know") but so be it.  Sometimes there is so much misinformation spread it distorts peoples views of what is really happening.

I regard the statement as a step in the right direction but now is the time for actions and not just fluffy words
    All the best grifters have the likeability factor. That’s not to say he *is* a grifter, but the fact than he can charm people does not prove he’s legit, unfortunately. I wish it did.
        Paul Elliot is not a grifter.
        He owns hundreds of serious commercial 
        Properties all over the Northwest of the UK.
        I would be totally amazed if he is not Legit !
    I can’t see a corporate vehicle he owns them through. All I can see is a property financed on an expensive bridging loan. 
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:
    Radical thought - how about we give PE the benefit of the doubt for now.  It's not as though we are swimming in options right now.

Everyone is slagging him off for not saying anything - it seems there is something going on that he cannot yet speak about.  He gives a few tidbits and everyone is slagging him off.

Right now we need the EFL to sort their shit out - absolutely critical.  And then we need to start looking at next season - the management, the squad etc.  If someone doesn't want to be in League 1 then so be it - goodbye and thanks.  But we don't have time to dwell.

I know several people who have met PE now and nobody had a bad word to say.  I quote "he came in to the office and stopped at everyone's desk, spoke to them and asked how they were and what their role at the club is.  He seems a genuine nice bloke."  In comparison the same person said of Southall "He would march in, ignore everyone and demand a cup of tea".  

I dare say I'll get grief from the usual suspects on here and get labelled an apologist once again (like when I said of Roland "it may be better the devil you know") but so be it.  Sometimes there is so much misinformation spread it distorts peoples views of what is really happening.

I regard the statement as a step in the right direction but now is the time for actions and not just fluffy words
    All the best grifters have the likeability factor. That’s not to say he *is* a grifter, but the fact than he can charm people does not prove he’s legit, unfortunately. I wish it did.
    I can’t see a corporate vehicle he owns them through. All I can see is a property financed on an expensive bridging loan. 
        Is that what you can see ????
        So ? 😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    Please enlighten me
  • Options
    Please enlighten me
        Where have you been looking ?
        Only 1 properly?
        and a Bridging Loan?
        No you got this all wrong.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Please enlighten me
        Only 1 properly?
        and a Bridging Loan?
    Then provide the links and proof. 
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Please enlighten me
        Only 1 properly?
        and a Bridging Loan?
    Can you help us then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please enlighten me
    From companies house, like it seems other people recently from Manchester, their companies aren't linked by their own name/details. P Elliott is listed 3 separate times with a number of companies under each.

Despite that, does he have access to £20m for the EFL and £50m for RD?
  • Options
    In the words of the immortal Roy Orbison, you got it. 
  • Options
    I believe the embargo allows us to spend as long as it doesn't exceed last years budget /wage which during covid might be an advantage to us. 

then why did Bowyer say he's not in a position to be able to offer contracts to any of the senior players?
    Because most players expect an increase in wages when they get a new contract?
    If we can't offer at least the same they are entitled to walk.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    All he has to do is pass the EFL tests. Why is it taking so long? We have been waiting for somebody from ESI to pass the tests since they took over. If that doesn't strike anybody as dodgy, nothing will. I know the EFL drag their feet but the delay suggests the fault is at our end. Why no public statement urging the EFL to hurry up with it? 
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:

Can you provide evidence of this large portfolio of properties?
  • Options
    All he has to do is pass the EFL tests. Why is it taking so long? We have been waiting for somebody from ESI to pass the tests since they took over. If that doesn't strike anybody as dodgy, nothing will. I know the EFL drag their feet but the delay suggests the fault is at our end. Why no public statement urging the EFL to hurry up with it? 
     He may well have failed it already.

It's not up to the EFL to tell us.
  • Options
    Can everybody stop saying "flip".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    1968CAFC said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:

Grifter or not, why would a property man from Manchester buy a London football club, have to show proof of funds for circa £20m and also sign up to pay RD £50m in a little over 4 years? 
        He is London born 
        Some of His business interests are in the north
         West.
        If I could afford to put Charlton back on the map
        And back in the premiership one day  I would.
        He certainly could  with his contacts.

If I am wrong I am certain many on this forum will
        Delight in pointing their fingers and slaughtering    
        Me.

I honestly think Paul Elliot needs a chance 
       To prove his integrity not just from the Charlton
       Faithful but the inept EFL also.

Your poems are rubbish
    That has proper tickled me...😂😭🤣😭
  • Options
    As manager, Bowyer's position is difficult. He pretty much gave us as big an alert as any manager could just before ESI took over.
    Yes, thé strange things comment. Now we're on stranger things. In fact we're in the upside down world.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    1968CAFC said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:

Grifter or not, why would a property man from Manchester buy a London football club, have to show proof of funds for circa £20m and also sign up to pay RD £50m in a little over 4 years? 
        He is London born 
        Some of His business interests are in the north
         West.
        If I could afford to put Charlton back on the map
        And back in the premiership one day  I would.
        He certainly could  with his contacts.

If I am wrong I am certain many on this forum will
        Delight in pointing their fingers and slaughtering    
        Me.

I honestly think Paul Elliot needs a chance 
       To prove his integrity not just from the Charlton
       Faithful but the inept EFL also.

It seems that the EFL have given him 6 weeks to "prove his intregrity"........how much longer do you think we should all wait...??
  • Options

You don't think the EFL should alert the fans that the new owners haven't got eniugb money to support the club going forward    ??  The very fans who will be very shortly shelling out hundreds of pounds on new season tickets, new club shirts & other merchandise......that the new owners can just pocket & then run off.

Very weird thinking. 

• Options

You don't think the EFL should alert the fans that the new owners haven't got eniugb money to support the club going forward    ??  The very fans who will be very shortly shelling out hundreds of pounds on new season tickets, new club shirts & other merchandise......that the new owners can just pocket & then run off.

Very weird thinking

On who's part?
  • Options

Very weird thinking. 

But sadly probably true. They idly sat by silently  and let that prick string many of us along publicly on twitter with the supa dupa transfer phone cringefest in the full knowledge we were under an embargo.

Any altruistic sense of duty to football fans would surely have seen a heads up come from the EFL thereafter.

Incompetent, disinterested and clueless.

They don't give a toss about fans.
     Exactly my point.

It's.nothing to do with what I think. It's how the EFL actually operate!

Who told us that ESI  failed the EFL test first time around?

Answer. Nobody.
    Certainly not the EFL.

No. They slapped a transfer embargo on them and went back to their sewer.

Harsh punishment indeed...for a shower that never had and intention to make any transfers in the first place!
     And the lack of transparency from the EFL to the fans allowed ESI the time to continue their pillage of the club's limited finances.

Farcical bordering on criminal from the EFL there... But that's how they roll.
  • Options

Very weird thinking. 

But sadly probably true. They idly sat by silently  and let that prick string many of us along publicly on twitter with the supa dupa transfer phone cringefest in the full knowledge we were under an embargo.

Any altruistic sense of duty to football fans would surely have seen a heads up come from the EFL thereafter.

Incompetent, disinterested and clueless.

They don't give a toss about fans.
     Exactly my point.

It's.nothing to do with what I think. It's how the EFL actually operate!

Who told us that ESI  failed the EFL test first time around?

Answer. Nobody.
    Certainly not the EFL.

No. They slapped a transfer embargo on them and went back to their sewer.

Harsh punishment indeed...for a shower that never had and intention to make any transfers in the first place!
     And the lack of transparency from the EFL to the fans allowed ESI the time to continue their pillage of the club's limited finances.

Farcical bordering on criminal from the EFL there... But that's how they roll.
    So its time to make them accountable. They might think they are a "members" club.......but the "members" wouldn't exist without the fans.
  • Options
    RodneyCharltonTrotta said:They idly sat by silently  and let that prick string many of us along publicly on twitter with the supa dupa transfer phone cringefest in the full knowledge we were under an embargo.

as I read that I think back to Lee Bowyer saying Paul Ellliott seems a nice bloke ...

as a manager he has to play a different game to reality because he was unwillingly a part of that shitfest of a January window as we were fed bullshit by mouthall and bowyer kept quiet 
    so bowyers words/actions to me have always been guarded but he does drop his guard  and you get the “strange” comment or the look when mouthall mentioned a 5 year contract for him in the press conference or him recently mentioning the crap going on behind the scenes he’s had to deal with .