Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Elliott statement

14567810»

Comments

• 1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    stonemuse said:
    1968CAFC said:
    vff said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    1968CAFC said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:
    Radical thought - how about we give PE the benefit of the doubt for now.  It's not as though we are swimming in options right now.

Everyone is slagging him off for not saying anything - it seems there is something going on that he cannot yet speak about.  He gives a few tidbits and everyone is slagging him off.

Right now we need the EFL to sort their shit out - absolutely critical.  And then we need to start looking at next season - the management, the squad etc.  If someone doesn't want to be in League 1 then so be it - goodbye and thanks.  But we don't have time to dwell.

I know several people who have met PE now and nobody had a bad word to say.  I quote "he came in to the office and stopped at everyone's desk, spoke to them and asked how they were and what their role at the club is.  He seems a genuine nice bloke."  In comparison the same person said of Southall "He would march in, ignore everyone and demand a cup of tea".  

I dare say I'll get grief from the usual suspects on here and get labelled an apologist once again (like when I said of Roland "it may be better the devil you know") but so be it.  Sometimes there is so much misinformation spread it distorts peoples views of what is really happening.

I regard the statement as a step in the right direction but now is the time for actions and not just fluffy words
    All the best grifters have the likeability factor. That’s not to say he *is* a grifter, but the fact than he can charm people does not prove he’s legit, unfortunately. I wish it did.
        Paul Elliot is not a grifter.
        He owns hundreds of serious commercial 
        Properties all over the Northwest of the UK.
        I would be totally amazed if he is not Legit !
    Grifter or not, why would a property man from Manchester buy a London football club, have to show proof of funds for circa £20m and also sign up to pay RD £50m in a little over 4 years? 
        He is London born 
        Some of His business interests are in the north
         West.
        If I could afford to put Charlton back on the map
        And back in the premiership one day  I would.
        He certainly could  with his contacts.

If I am wrong I am certain many on this forum will
        Delight in pointing their fingers and slaughtering    
        Me.

I honestly think Paul Elliot needs a chance 
       To prove his integrity not just from the Charlton
       Faithful but the inept EFL also.

If Paul Elliot so good with property / business why is he involving himself with the dodgy overpriced Duchatelet/  ESI sale & Separation of assets? Whats in it for him ? Are the wages Paid a loan with expectation that players will be sold ? Is there another property play planned ? 
        Why do people want to buy a football
        Club?
        and why not buy a London Club with Huge future
        Potential and a fantastic past history and great fan base.
        Why do several other business related supporters 
         also want to save our club?
        I would have thought the answer was bloody 
        Obvious.
        And just because Roland was a rottin egg and 
        Mouthall -Southall is a lying scumbag with zero 
        Integrity does not mean everyone who wants to Save this club is the same....none of us with ever move forward wallowing in Negativity !!
    You are avoiding the questions that I, and others, asked ...  where are the links and the proof?

If you can’t back up your statements, why should we take you seriously?

As a reminder you stated:
    Where have you been looking ?
        Only 1 properly?
        and a Bridging Loan?
        No you got this all wrong.‘

So tell us where to look. 
    Ok it seems we should all just give up on our club
    and wallow in self pity and negativity.???

i personally do not know Paul Elliot that well at all.
    a close friend of mine knows him very very well,
    and I am told he is the real deal.
    i personally do not give a toss what anybody thinks
    but I trust my friend who knows Paul Elliot.

i also love Charlton Athletic, and highly respect Lee Bowyer, JJ, and the players who wanted to play and put the shirt on.
    i want my football club to move forward and I will not be sucked into negativity and scepticism.
     Are you friends with Chris Farnell?
    He is CF , opened an account on message boards of all clubs in the last few years cos he knows he’ll be involved with em all at some point in time 
        😂😂😂😂😂
        I am not CF 
        I am Greenwich Born, from a working class 
        Background, was brought up in the Charlton 
        Lee Green/ Grove park area of SE London.
        My Grandmothers house where I first lived is on 
        Wolf Crescent,  walking distance from the Valley.
        I am a Third Generation CAFC supporter and my
        Son is a forth we are also season ticket holders.
        My Grandfather help build the Valley.
        I love this Club and Respect Lee Bowyer and JJ
        I also think apart from the Arseholes who have
        Damaged this club for their own financial greed
        The EFL also have a lot to answer for.
        All I want is to see stability and success at this
        Wonderful historic Football Club.
        Believe me I am CF 😂😂

This is formatted like a poem.

It's a crap poem. 
  • Sadly I don’t even know what an aniseed twist was and I’m a 1965 kid. Guess they either didn’t sell them in the sweet shops in Greenwich or I was too quick to get my Texan bar (every dentist’s friend).
  • I suggested to Razil the EFL might be a better target for protest.

Not sure if I'm brave enough yet to risk going on public transport for a Thursday protest. I'm somewhat vulnerable with mild to moderate emphysema.

Very frustrating 😡. I really believe we could be near the end game. A London EFL protest with press alerted is the only action left I can think of.

Also out of desperation I e-mailed my MP James Brokenshire reminding him in simple terms the big trouble cafc is in.
    Asking him to support 

1) The Wigan parliamentary  petition that has over 14700 signature's, asking for a review of the EFL's Owners & Directors test.

2) " A way forward for Football " by Damian Collins MP & Charlie Methven co- owner of Sunderland FC.
    @Addictedoldgit, I do not want to see anyone with a known comorbidity putting their health - and more - at risk.  There are plenty of healthy younger fans who now need to pick up the baton and join in the action, so there is in future a club in Charlton to take their kids to.  You are doing what is safe for you by emailing your MP, and I am sure you will find other ways to support the cause. 

Might it be that younger fans fear treading on the toes of those who already have battle honours dating back to the campaign to return to The Valley?  They should remember these more experienced fans were all new to protesting once - you gain knowledge and experience by participating, and leadership skills by leading!  Advice is available if you ask.  You do not need to be mature in years to be mature in behaviour.

I think it is important all "exiled" Addicts contact their MPs to spread the knowledge of our plight beyond the club's traditional catchment areas.  After all, the issues with the inadequacies of EFL potentially affect all 92 clubs, and that should be of concern to at least 200-300 MPs who have those clubs and their training grounds in or next door to their constituencies.  It is heartening to see that, outside of Wigan's catchment area, it is the constituencies near Charlton which are amongst those with the most signatures for their petition about the EFL's directors and owners tests.
  • Whatever happened to the dentist?

welling friendly was pencilled in for 6/7 July 
  • Sponsored links:

Was it extracted from the list ?
    He was only filling in, well that was my impression.
  • No fake bookshelf, fraud 

His time involved with the club was so memorable. Perhaps we should organize a commemorative plaque? 
    Scraping a laugh there
  • So I have to admit I kind of lost interest in this bunch of jokers and haven't followed the story for a while now. I know they have no real claim to the club, but have they now completely gone away, or is there still stuff going on behind the scenes to officially shut this nonsense down?

Kick off at tooth hurty. 
  • What’s a calculator?

His time involved with the club was so memorable. Perhaps we should organize a commemorative plaque? 
    I think we still have one stand unnamed  :)
  • 1968CAFC said:
    Off_it said:
    1968CAFC said:
    While it is fully understandable that no one trusts anyone at the moment,the fact is we have no  alternatives.So before we slaughter Elliott,let us give it a little bit of time,there will be a turnover in playing staff very soon,see who comes and goes,judge at the outcome.
        Absolutely correct,
        I appreciate and understand why there are so
        Many negative comments after what Roland Rat, 
        And slimy RAT face Southall / ESI have done.
        I think Elliot could well be the real deal, providing 
        The EFL Dickheads can make a sensible decision    
        Between them.
    Out of interest, what is it that makes you think Elliot could be the real deal? 

What has he actually done so far, or what is it about his past, that gives you that impression?
        Paul Elliot is a very respectable and educated
        Business man.
        He is not a get rich quick crooked scumbag from
        The seedy part of Blackburn.
        Paul Elliot could Buy/sell and dissolve that 
        Horrible suntanned Twat in 10 minutes.

?
  • edited June 2021
    1968CAFC said:
    stonemuse said:
    1968CAFC said:
    vff said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    1968CAFC said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:
    Radical thought - how about we give PE the benefit of the doubt for now.  It's not as though we are swimming in options right now.

Everyone is slagging him off for not saying anything - it seems there is something going on that he cannot yet speak about.  He gives a few tidbits and everyone is slagging him off.

Right now we need the EFL to sort their shit out - absolutely critical.  And then we need to start looking at next season - the management, the squad etc.  If someone doesn't want to be in League 1 then so be it - goodbye and thanks.  But we don't have time to dwell.

I know several people who have met PE now and nobody had a bad word to say.  I quote "he came in to the office and stopped at everyone's desk, spoke to them and asked how they were and what their role at the club is.  He seems a genuine nice bloke."  In comparison the same person said of Southall "He would march in, ignore everyone and demand a cup of tea".  

I dare say I'll get grief from the usual suspects on here and get labelled an apologist once again (like when I said of Roland "it may be better the devil you know") but so be it.  Sometimes there is so much misinformation spread it distorts peoples views of what is really happening.

I regard the statement as a step in the right direction but now is the time for actions and not just fluffy words
    All the best grifters have the likeability factor. That’s not to say he *is* a grifter, but the fact than he can charm people does not prove he’s legit, unfortunately. I wish it did.
        Paul Elliot is not a grifter.
        He owns hundreds of serious commercial 
        Properties all over the Northwest of the UK.
        I would be totally amazed if he is not Legit !
    Grifter or not, why would a property man from Manchester buy a London football club, have to show proof of funds for circa £20m and also sign up to pay RD £50m in a little over 4 years? 
        He is London born 
        Some of His business interests are in the north
         West.
        If I could afford to put Charlton back on the map
        And back in the premiership one day  I would.
        He certainly could  with his contacts.

If I am wrong I am certain many on this forum will
        Delight in pointing their fingers and slaughtering    
        Me.

I honestly think Paul Elliot needs a chance 
       To prove his integrity not just from the Charlton
       Faithful but the inept EFL also.

If Paul Elliot so good with property / business why is he involving himself with the dodgy overpriced Duchatelet/  ESI sale & Separation of assets? Whats in it for him ? Are the wages Paid a loan with expectation that players will be sold ? Is there another property play planned ? 
        Why do people want to buy a football
        Club?
        and why not buy a London Club with Huge future
        Potential and a fantastic past history and great fan base.
        Why do several other business related supporters 
         also want to save our club?
        I would have thought the answer was bloody 
        Obvious.
        And just because Roland was a rottin egg and 
        Mouthall -Southall is a lying scumbag with zero 
        Integrity does not mean everyone who wants to Save this club is the same....none of us with ever move forward wallowing in Negativity !!
    You are avoiding the questions that I, and others, asked ...  where are the links and the proof?

If you can’t back up your statements, why should we take you seriously?

As a reminder you stated:
    Where have you been looking ?
        Only 1 properly?
        and a Bridging Loan?
        No you got this all wrong.‘

So tell us where to look. 
    Ok it seems we should all just give up on our club
    and wallow in self pity and negativity.???

i personally do not know Paul Elliot that well at all.
    a close friend of mine knows him very very well,
    and I am told he is the real deal.
    i personally do not give a toss what anybody thinks
    but I trust my friend who knows Paul Elliot.

i also love Charlton Athletic, and highly respect Lee Bowyer, JJ, and the players who wanted to play and put the shirt on.
    i want my football club to move forward and I will not be sucked into negativity and scepticism.
    How is Mr Elliottttt these days, bought any football clubs or Girls Schools recently ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if @LargeAddick has heard back from the SRA about Farnell recently. Only been around 9 months since they said they  would look into his dodgy goings-on.