Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Elliott statement

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    Radical thought - how about we give PE the benefit of the doubt for now.  It's not as though we are swimming in options right now.

Everyone is slagging him off for not saying anything - it seems there is something going on that he cannot yet speak about.  He gives a few tidbits and everyone is slagging him off.

Right now we need the EFL to sort their shit out - absolutely critical.  And then we need to start looking at next season - the management, the squad etc.  If someone doesn't want to be in League 1 then so be it - goodbye and thanks.  But we don't have time to dwell.

I know several people who have met PE now and nobody had a bad word to say.  I quote "he came in to the office and stopped at everyone's desk, spoke to them and asked how they were and what their role at the club is.  He seems a genuine nice bloke."  In comparison the same person said of Southall "He would march in, ignore everyone and demand a cup of tea".  

I dare say I'll get grief from the usual suspects on here and get labelled an apologist once again (like when I said of Roland "it may be better the devil you know") but so be it.  Sometimes there is so much misinformation spread it distorts peoples views of what is really happening.

I regard the statement as a step in the right direction but now is the time for actions and not just fluffy words

This is where I get totally confused. 

1) would he pass the "fit and proper test"? Probably, his bankruptcy (if it was his) is discharged.

2) Has he got the money?  Probably got a few more quid than most of us but no evidence what so ever that he has anywhere close to what the EFL would require evidence of.

What's the point of going through the motions that you describe if your not serious?  What's the actual point?   Buying time?  Time for what? He doesn't own the club so he would have no access to any central payments, season ticket money, sell on clauses etc etc unless Nimer "gives" them to him.

Everything looks so black and white then you look deeper and it looks much less clear. 

Most people don't just bullshit for bullshit sake.  On the balance of probability I would conclude that  not a word of that statement is true, but at the same time, I can't understand the reason for saying it. 
    If he got paid £100K in advance for example, to play the front man?
  • The arrogance of these people is quite breathtaking.

More bullshit from another 2bob chancer.
  • seth plum said:
    What if you don't get EFL approval Paul?
    Do you provide money for the bills for the next ten years?
    He and his people intend to milk the club it looks like, using the EFL thing as a shield.
    But milk what? This is a pretty dry old udder. I just don’t get what’s going on.
  • Why doesn’t Paul Elliott call the EFL’s bluff and publish both his proof of sufficiency of funds and his fit and proper person evidence?  
    Either they are taking their own sweet time or it’s a load of old sweaty bollocks.
    I think we all know which way the land lies on this...
    This. We have been taken for mugs too many times. We think we know what is going on and PE isn't doing anything to prove us wrong. And still no confirmation he has passed the tests. He may do as fit and proper but source and sustainability - we know the answer to that and he should be jumping up and down if this is just the EFL delaying.
  • How long does the EFL really actually need before they decide enough is enough, you have not supplied the required proof of funds etc in spite of having well over half a year to do so, shouldn't they give  a deadline to these clowns which if not met then the consequences follow whatever they may be?
      I just cant understand how a "professional" "footballing body can keep this all in limbo for what seems to be indefinitely. 
      Knowing that teams have to begin preparing for next season what are they playing at?
        As for Elliot , I have little or no confidence at all in anything said in the statement issued , nothing can or will happen until the EFL decide our fate and make any kind of decision regarding Dick Turpin Enterprises.
      In fact I'd rather put my trust in Dick Turpin cos at least he was honest enough to hold you up at gunpoint!!!
  • edited July 2020
    I suspect the EFL would answer that by saying the company can do as it pleases as a business if they answered such questions but they will decide whether the club can compete at the commencement of the season. The EFL doesn't tend to provide information to fans. It would rather treat them with contempt.
  • One thing I would say is that he personally isn't responsible for the shambles of our club, on and off the pitch. Whether his presence is helping the situation is another issue...

I wish the EFL were more open about these things. Putting us under that transfer embargo in January, but saying nothing is baffling. Similarly, they owe the other "stakeholders" of the club to let them know what's going on with ESI. If they've failed the tests, tell us why. If it's progressing, let us know. We can't wait another month in this state of limbo.
  • edited July 2020
    It isn't so baffling. Southall expected money from Nimer which didn't come through and he then lied to us. If he was honourable, he would have resigned but he was more interested in the ego of the role and the perks.

All the rest is ESI fighting within itself. We need to give them no place to go as owners of the club. The nature of their involvement is a £50m plus promise to Duchatelet. I can't see how that prick can think there is any way he is going to see any of that from them! When we go into admin, he will be shafted too. He needs to be looking for the solution now, the same as us, but he is too insane to do so.
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnnyH2 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Radical thought - how about we give PE the benefit of the doubt for now.  It's not as though we are swimming in options right now.

Everyone is slagging him off for not saying anything - it seems there is something going on that he cannot yet speak about.  He gives a few tidbits and everyone is slagging him off.

Right now we need the EFL to sort their shit out - absolutely critical.  And then we need to start looking at next season - the management, the squad etc.  If someone doesn't want to be in League 1 then so be it - goodbye and thanks.  But we don't have time to dwell.

I know several people who have met PE now and nobody had a bad word to say.  I quote "he came in to the office and stopped at everyone's desk, spoke to them and asked how they were and what their role at the club is.  He seems a genuine nice bloke."  In comparison the same person said of Southall "He would march in, ignore everyone and demand a cup of tea".  

I dare say I'll get grief from the usual suspects on here and get labelled an apologist once again (like when I said of Roland "it may be better the devil you know") but so be it.  Sometimes there is so much misinformation spread it distorts peoples views of what is really happening.

I regard the statement as a step in the right direction but now is the time for actions and not just fluffy words

The EFL tests are really easy to pass and yet you say it's up to the EFL to sort the shit it out. 

These clowns have not passed the tests yet, does that not alarm you?

He talks about signing players, we are under an embargo because of they and their predecessors inability to pass the simple tests.

Nice bloke, counts for nowt, own a club and pass the tests is the entry point through the door, he has not done that yet.

Heard loads of people say how great Southall was (including all those who went to that forum meeting), counts for nowt.

You priase Roland I see, the clown who 'sold' to see these idiots and has no chance of being paid by them. Want a further list of his failings or are you back to sticking your fingers in your ears and thinking those moaning just don't get it
    The geezer must be very gullible.
  • Poor Elliott said:
    Our immediate plan is to support Lee Bowyer, Steve Gallen and the footballing staff in putting a squad in place that gives us the best opportunity for an immediate return to the Championship.
     Erm isn't there an embargo in place still?
  • You would think their immediate plan should be be to convince the EFL on source and sustainability and the fans they are not crooks. Good luck with those!
  • I wouldn't read too much into Bowyer's comments about PE putting money into the club, wouldn't surprise me if it was the advancement of money from the EFL that got us through the rest of the season and then funding going forward from any player worth anything like Phillips, Doughty etc which seemed to be clear based on Bowyer's comments that anyone worth anything will be sold.

Bowyer has made positive noises previously about RD which many of us just put down to Bowyer trying to butter RD up for a better budget.

Until the transfer embargo is lifted I want anyone connected with ESI gone out of the club completely.
  • As manager, Bowyer's position is difficult. He pretty much gave us as big an alert as any manager could just before ESI took over.
  • Just cos we’ve now got bigger twats doesn’t mean the arse licking of Roland was sensible , load of shit ...
    and guess how we ended up with these clowns it’s cos the twunt that is Roland believed their shit , twat that he is 
    “better the devil you know” do fuck off with that shit , that cunt is still involved and complicit with the shithouse club we have become .
    Beautifully put.
  • What happen if Paul Elliot fails to pass the ELF fit and proper person test
  • shuffs67 said:
    What happen if Paul Elliot fails to pass the ELF fit and proper person test
    He still won't be owner. 
  • A  cardboard cut out Chairman for a cardboard cut out club.

Complete joker.  

Any other waisters from the Chester area fancy having a go ?

• Sponsored links:

• The guy came out and made a statement he didn't have to make. I'm as skeptical as anyone after everything that's happened, but I'm also an optimist, so willing to wait and see what happens next before slagging him off. 
  • limeygent said:
    The guy came out and made a statement he didn't have to make. I'm as skeptical as anyone after everything that's happened, but I'm also an optimist, so willing to wait and see what happens next before slagging him off. 
    How long you prepared to wait? Wheres your threshold? A week? A month? A year?

Just genuinely interested and respect your restraint.
  • limeygent said:
    The guy came out and made a statement he didn't have to make. I'm as skeptical as anyone after everything that's happened, but I'm also an optimist, so willing to wait and see what happens next before slagging him off. 
     Did you see him make it?

Farnell has got these statements on copy and paste.
  • The more I sit and think about this the more I wonder this:

We know the EFL haven’t confirmed S&S of funding as yet. 

Earlier in this thread I suggested PE publishes his own evidence of compliance - the inference being that we know the EFL end up dragging their heels and we might believe that really is the case if he publishes. 

We really don’t expect PE to publish his evidence - we are actually calling bullshit. 

But I wonder if the reason for the delay might be that the EFL are waiting for the actual end of the season and final confirmation of league standings because whilst PE can’t pass the S&S conditions for the Championship, he can pass them for League One? 

For me this is a real can of worms about how football is funded - and doesn’t bode well for us surviving in the Championship again if we bounce back and PE still owns us. I end up with more questions than answers, and a really nasty taste in my mouth due to knowing that these people just leech off us and couldn’t give a flying fig about the game itself, the players, non-playing staff or the fans. The FA, EFL and these bastards are all bringing the game into complete and utter disrepute. 
  • A  cardboard cut out Chairman for a cardboard cut out club.

Complete joker.  

Any other waisters from the Chester area fancy having a go ?

Oi oi I'm near chester lol
  • I wouldn't read too much into Bowyer's comments about PE putting money into the club, wouldn't surprise me if it was the advancement of money from the EFL that got us through the rest of the season and then funding going forward from any player worth anything like Phillips, Doughty etc which seemed to be clear based on Bowyer's comments that anyone worth anything will be sold.

Bowyer has made positive noises previously about RD which many of us just put down to Bowyer trying to butter RD up for a better budget.

Until the transfer embargo is lifted I want anyone connected with ESI gone out of the club completely.
    I don't think Bowyer would lie?

We know the EFL haven’t confirmed S&S of funding as yet

Earlier in this thread I suggested PE publishes his own evidence of compliance - the inference being that we know the EFL end up dragging their heels and we might believe that really is the case if he publishes. 

We really don’t expect PE to publish his evidence - we are actually calling bullshit. 

But I wonder if the reason for the delay might be that the EFL are waiting for the actual end of the season and final confirmation of league standings because whilst PE can’t pass the S&S conditions for the Championship, he can pass them for League One? 

For me this is a real can of worms about how football is funded - and doesn’t bode well for us surviving in the Championship again if we bounce back and PE still owns us. I end up with more questions than answers, and a really nasty taste in my mouth due to knowing that these people just leech off us and couldn’t give a flying fig about the game itself, the players, non-playing staff or the fans. The FA, EFL and these bastards are all bringing the game into complete and utter disrepute. 
     Serious question. How do we know this?

The EFL won't tell us. It's up to the club to tell us. They have never officially said they have failed. Even though they did right at the start.

This could rumble on for months if they are willing to pay the wages.
  • As manager, Bowyer's position is difficult. He pretty much gave us as big an alert as any manager could just before ESI took over.
    The 'strange' comments? Before Hull at home maybe I think. 
  • edited July 2020
    Off_it said:
    limeygent said:
    How long you prepared to wait? Wheres your threshold? A week? A month? A year?

Just genuinely interested and respect your restraint.
    Probably 'til I've had breakfast tomorrow. Just can't see him as a crook yet, but I admit I haven't followed the shenanigans as closely as some.
    I think when other clubs are bringing players in, and we're still unable to, that'll be it for me.

We know the EFL haven’t confirmed S&S of funding as yet

Serious question. How do we know this?

The EFL won't tell us. It's up to the club to tell us. They have never officially said they have failed. Even though they did right at the start.

This could rumble on for months if they are willing to pay the wages.
    We don’t know this any more than we do anything else. I’m just wondering out loud....