Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Elliott statement

Comments

• And who is paying the banker?
    Well if hes a banker then it would suggest theres maybe some sort of loan, rather than a capital sum or purchase of shares.

What the terms and security are for the loan then who knows. A share of player sales would be my guess, given the club has no other assets other than the player registrations.
  • Redrobo said:
    Paper work for Paul Elliott has not been presented to the EFL. See the takeover thread. 
    Why doesn't the EFL say so then. A simple statement would cut through all the spin and nonsense

Well they kinda have. It was their letter to CAFC that has been reproduced.
  • Redrobo said:
    Paper work for Paul Elliott has not been presented to the EFL. See the takeover thread. 
    Can’t find this, which post/page?
  • Off_it said:
    And who is paying the banker?
    Well if hes a banker then it would suggest theres maybe some sort of loan, rather than a capital sum or purchase of shares.

What the terms and security are for the loan then who knows. A share of player sales would be my guess, given the club has no other assets other than the player registrations.
    How much do you think the player sales could add up to? Worth all of this to all the crooks involved?
  • Off_it said:
    And who is paying the banker?

How much do you think the player sales could add up to? Worth all of this to all the crooks involved?
    Could only see Phillips and Doughty commanding decent fees. 
  • So all of this setup for not a lot of money. Unless you look at where the real money is in all of this.
  • But there will be sell on clauses and the like, eg Grant, Gomez, Pope, that could probably be sold on as well.

If it cost you nothing to buy and a few hundred grand to service, then a couple of million would be a good return.
  • edited July 2020
    But why not do that quickly and get out? Why pay the wages and not try to pass the fit and proper tests? Why try to sell the club, or pretend to try, for a price nobody is going to pay for it as it is more than twice what the club is worth? Why agree that stupid price in the first place?
  • Off_it said:
    But there will be sell on clauses and the like, eg Grant, Gomez, Pope, that could probably be sold on as well.

If it cost you nothing to buy and a few hundred grand to service, then a couple of million would be a good return.
    Could easily be £2m from Grant alone. Not sure what clauses are on the Gomez deal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I just don’t give a fuck any more, in fact it was as much as I could do to be bothered to type th......
  • We are clearly being bounced around, nah it's the EFL, nah it's ESI 1, nah it's ESI 2, nah it's the EFL, and on and on.
    The concrete facts are on objective sites like Companies House. And within the formal structure of the English Football League.
    What people say in terms of hope, aspirations and assurances is now meaningless.

The other bits of reality are the specific individuals involved, what they have been doing in the past, who they are, and where they live.

Trust nobody unless they have been a bona fide Charlton person for many years, and even then there is Richard Murray.
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Why doesn't the EFL say so then. A simple statement would cut through all the spin and nonsense

Well they kinda have. It was their letter to CAFC that has been reproduced.
    Evidence   ?
  • But why not do that quickly and get out? Why pay the wages and not try to pass the fit and proper tests? Why try to sell the club, or pretend to try, for a price nobody is going to pay for it as it is more than twice what the club is worth? Why agree that stupid price in the first place?
    You tell me mate, you're the ideas man!
    ;-)
  • edited July 2020
    Well you clearly aren't  ;)
  • My guess is they wanted a quick flip to make their dough that way, but it all fell over and now they need to finance the wages somehow. Enter your friendly Egyptian banker.

Hows that?
  • edited July 2020
    Not that convincing mate. Full of holes. like the car park.
  • Off_it said:
    My guess is they wanted a quick flip to make their dough that way, but it all fell over and now they need to finance the wages somehow. Enter your friendly Egyptian banker.

Hows that?
    Or hang on for a few months with someone paying the bills, being able to state they’re waiting on EFL approval since they know the EFL won’t comment until a deal is done.

After the season ends bring in as much as they can by selling anyone worth a fee, negotiating deals on clauses from previous sales and potentially more if the likes of Grant and Pope are sold.

That will cover the money spent on wages. They then believe they can sell the club for more than it’s worth with potential buyers desperate as they’re running out of time to rebuild the squad.
  • Scoham said:
    Off_it said:
    My guess is they wanted a quick flip to make their dough that way, but it all fell over and now they need to finance the wages somehow. Enter your friendly Egyptian banker.

Hows that?
    Or hang on for a few months with someone paying the bills, being able to state they’re waiting on EFL approval since they know the EFL won’t comment until a deal is done.

After the season ends bring in as much as they can by selling anyone worth a fee, negotiating deals on clauses from previous sales and potentially more if the likes of Grant and Pope are sold.

That will cover the money spent on wages. They then believe they can sell the club for more than it’s worth with potential buyers desperate as they’re running out of time to rebuild the squad.
    I agree with this bit, because it seems a bit obvious.  But, if it's obvious to me, it should also be obvious to any agent.  Therefore, why would - say - Dillon Phillips agree to sign for another club for - say - £1m, when his agent (and the buying club's agent) know they can get the deal done for nothing in a few weeks' time, when all players' contracts will be ripped up by the actions of the EFL? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2020
    Chizz said:
    Scoham said:
    Off_it said:

Hows that?

I agree with this bit, because it seems a bit obvious.  But, if it's obvious to me, it should also be obvious to any agent.  Therefore, why would - say - Dillon Phillips agree to sign for another club for - say - £1m, when his agent (and the buying club's agent) know they can get the deal done for nothing in a few weeks' time, when all players' contracts will be ripped up by the actions of the EFL? 
    Clubs and players aren't going to wait around for an EFL ruling. They're not exactly renowned for their decisiveness. 
  • Chizz said:
    Scoham said:
    Off_it said:

Hows that?

They won’t be ripped up if ESI manage to sell the club on.
  • We are still awaiting EFL approval of the change in control of the club but once that comes through we will be in a position to outline our plans for the club and sit-down with fans to talk openly about our intentions for Charlton Athletic.

Don't quite follow this. He/they could have "talked openly" about their "intentions for Charlton Athletic" on a conditional basis as soon as they bought the company that owns the football club. I don't think any of us are so stupid that we wouldn't realize that they would need to be approved by the FL before being able to do any of it (whatever "it" is).

One interpretation might be that there plans for the club will only be revealed once it is too late to take action against them. My assumption is that it will involve property deals and relocating (short term or even permanently).
  • edited July 2020
    We are still awaiting EFL approval of the change in control of the club but once that comes through we will be in a position to outline our plans for the club and sit-down with fans to talk openly about our intentions for Charlton Athletic.

Don't quite follow this. He/they could have "talked openly" about their "intentions for Charlton Athletic" on a conditional basis as soon as they bought the company that owns the football club. I don't think any of us are so stupid that we wouldn't realize that they would need to be approved by the FL before being able to do any of it (whatever "it" is).

One interpretation might be that there plans for the club will only be revealed once it is too late to take action against them. My assumption is that it will involve property deals and relocating (short term or even permanently).
    Yes, it is a scam and they are playing for time, dutifully helped by the EFL's rules and tardiness.
    Do not under estimate these crooks they are exceptionally good at what they do.
    Farnell has been operating for years and years and no one has stopped him. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Radical thought - how about we give PE the benefit of the doubt for now.  It's not as though we are swimming in options right now.

Everyone is slagging him off for not saying anything - it seems there is something going on that he cannot yet speak about.  He gives a few tidbits and everyone is slagging him off.

Right now we need the EFL to sort their shit out - absolutely critical.  And then we need to start looking at next season - the management, the squad etc.  If someone doesn't want to be in League 1 then so be it - goodbye and thanks.  But we don't have time to dwell.

I know several people who have met PE now and nobody had a bad word to say.  I quote "he came in to the office and stopped at everyone's desk, spoke to them and asked how they were and what their role at the club is.  He seems a genuine nice bloke."  In comparison the same person said of Southall "He would march in, ignore everyone and demand a cup of tea".  

I dare say I'll get grief from the usual suspects on here and get labelled an apologist once again (like when I said of Roland "it may be better the devil you know") but so be it.  Sometimes there is so much misinformation spread it distorts peoples views of what is really happening.

I regard the statement as a step in the right direction but now is the time for actions and not just fluffy words
    All the best grifters have the likeability factor. That’s not to say he *is* a grifter, but the fact than he can charm people does not prove he’s legit, unfortunately. I wish it did.
  • Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    Can’t find this, which post/page?
    Page 863. Rick articles.
  • Redrobo said:

Nonsense...... we all know how fucking inept 
          The EFL Wankers can be !!
  • JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:
    Radical thought - how about we give PE the benefit of the doubt for now.  It's not as though we are swimming in options right now.

Everyone is slagging him off for not saying anything - it seems there is something going on that he cannot yet speak about.  He gives a few tidbits and everyone is slagging him off.

Right now we need the EFL to sort their shit out - absolutely critical.  And then we need to start looking at next season - the management, the squad etc.  If someone doesn't want to be in League 1 then so be it - goodbye and thanks.  But we don't have time to dwell.

I know several people who have met PE now and nobody had a bad word to say.  I quote "he came in to the office and stopped at everyone's desk, spoke to them and asked how they were and what their role at the club is.  He seems a genuine nice bloke."  In comparison the same person said of Southall "He would march in, ignore everyone and demand a cup of tea".  

I dare say I'll get grief from the usual suspects on here and get labelled an apologist once again (like when I said of Roland "it may be better the devil you know") but so be it.  Sometimes there is so much misinformation spread it distorts peoples views of what is really happening.

I regard the statement as a step in the right direction but now is the time for actions and not just fluffy words
    All the best grifters have the likeability factor. That’s not to say he *is* a grifter, but the fact than he can charm people does not prove he’s legit, unfortunately. I wish it did.
        Paul Elliot is not a grifter.
        He owns hundreds of serious commercial 
        Properties all over the Northwest of the UK.
        I would be totally amazed if he is not Legit !