Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds United v Charlton Athletic | Wed 22 July | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Look how much of a fight the other relegation teams put up compared to us. Disgusting.
    Nothing to do with fight. Leeds are very very good, and we are very very very poor. Name a side we outplayed this season, barely one, we have got most of our results through fight and nothing else. 
    Not just tonight though is it. Easy to say we played against Leeds but there were 45 other games this season.
    Exactly mate, that's my point, name me one of those other 45 games we consistently played a team off the pitch? Forest home first half, Reading away last 20 minutes, Derby first half. I can't think of many. 

Otherwise every result has been backs against the wall, grit and determination. Considering the gulf in class of player, and resources I'm suprised we've not been on the end of more hidings.

We are a poor team, especially compared to the rest of the championship, but I wouldn't fault most of the players efforts. 
    Absolutely agree with my fellow centre-back named lifer here.

It was always going to come unstuck. ESI mess compounded it and failure to add any quality in January.

There were people on here defending that January transfer window too looool
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Would have felt horrible if we were saved from Relegation on a technicality. Wigan don't deserve to be down, I think we probably do. Unless Varney and Barclay come in and the EFL pull their fingers out of their ass, we could very well go right down to League 2. 

This team wasn't Championship quality, but we know who is to blame for that. That said, if we didn't concede just a couple of those late goals, we are safe. Football is a cruel game. Nightmare season 
    Would have felt absolutely amazing to me. Either way I really think it was that Birmingham goal that did it a few days ago.
    Looks like it was, had that stayed 1-0 then we'd be safe
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Taylor going was the final straw that killed us. One more goal iin 7 out of the last 9 games and we would have stayed up.
    That's a horrific stat
  • Options
    Don't see any need to attack the players tonight. Leeds turned up to win, as they have every right to do, and their squad is light years from ours. Birmingham away sank us.

Just out of interest, does no one expect the Massives to be punished at all? A big deduction, and down they go  but everyone seems to assume that's it. Did I miss an announcement?
    If the EFL were fit for purpose you would have a good point. 

As they are a gutless corrupt bunch of pricks it won't happen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One bright spot McGeady will see his old friends up in Sunderland next season if and a big if he is still with us.
    God I hope not 😡
  • Options
    Can't blame the lads or Bowyer, they've had the kitchen sink thrown at them this season.
    We were great until all the injuries decimated us, then Gallagher walked away and Southall turned up.
    Hate football now, everything about it

• Options
    Seeing how this season has gone I wouldn't mind betting Sheff W getting 9pts deduction this season and 12pts next season thus relegaing them now and then Wigan winning their appeal and keeping them up.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Would have felt horrible if we were saved from Relegation on a technicality. Wigan don't deserve to be down, I think we probably do. Unless Varney and Barclay come in and the EFL pull their fingers out of their ass, we could very well go right down to League 2. 

This team wasn't Championship quality, but we know who is to blame for that. That said, if we didn't concede just a couple of those late goals, we are safe. Football is a cruel game. Nightmare season 
    Would have felt absolutely amazing to me. Either way I really think it was that Birmingham goal that did it a few days ago.
    Aye I agree. I've never felt so deflated
  • Options
    We are staying up. 

Sheff Wed 12 point deduction incoming surely if not I'm off to Preston to protest. 
    Even if it’s 9 points we stay up 
  • Options
    Louis Mendez: Asked Bowyer if today's relegation changes his situation with the club and he says now is not the time to talk about it. "More things of late have happened recently that have made me even more so not happy with what's happening here"
  • Options
    Leeds were very good tonight and look like they will push for a European place next season. To lay into the Charlton players when they were up against such quality seems harsh to me. 

Hope Bowyer stays, but can totally understand him going. 

• Options
    Can't blame Chelsea for looking after their player. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Leeds were very good tonight and look like they will push for a European place next season. To lay into the Charlton players when they were up against such quality seems harsh to me. 

Hope Bowyer stays, but can totally understand him going. 

Blimey!

Do you want a bet?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Once again I'd like to thank the squad and management for their efforts this season.
    There till the end
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    More Bowyer quotes:

"Its too early to say who's staying and who is going. To try and work miracles again like we did last summer, I don't know if it's going to be possible. That's if we're allowed to."
    @BBCLondonSport #cafc

Bow is distraught and he's angry. "This job has been impossible at times, but even with all that we had the chance of staying in the division."
  • Options
    Don't see any need to attack the players tonight. Leeds turned up to win, as they have every right to do, and their squad is light years from ours. Birmingham away sank us.

Just out of interest, does no one expect the Massives to be punished at all? A big deduction, and down they go  but everyone seems to assume that's it. Did I miss an announcement?
    Be assured no action will be taken. Any and all 12 point deductions will be applied next season. Itm, results stand. Addicks are well and truly down. Time to get back with League One 'action'.
  • Options
    Might just be my defence mechanisms kicking in but I'm surprised how few fucks I actually give right now.  Guess that feeling has been building as this shitshow of a season has unravelled. Sick of it all.  We are a basket case and thoroughly deserve to go down. Way more important things in life to worry about at the moment.  Just another kick in the nadgers.  Roland, Southall, Nimer, Bonne, Taylor, Hemed, Bernie Ecclestone, you can all go screw yourselves.  Actually Macca, you're alright mate at least you gave a fuck.  Season ticket anybody?  yeah right.   
    Yeh.  I'm off to support Exeter.  They lost out by 4-0 too, but at least I can get to see them occasionally.