Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds United v Charlton Athletic | Wed 22 July | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Just gutted. All those injury time goals conceded have caught up with us.
    I’d disagree. All those rogue owners have caught up with us.
  • ColinTat said:
    Sure no fight:  Leeds wage bill £46 million, Charlton £6.5 million.  Couldn't just be an absolutely cavernous gulf in resources?
    Yes, but you must appreciate modern football in the post-Thatcherite period.
  • I'm calling it. we're going to have an ENTIRE new squad in league one
    Assuming the club exists.
  • As others have said it isn't tonight that has relegated us, it's all the ridiculous late goals we have conceded in so many games. The worry now is that the present squad isn't good enough to get us out of League 1, in fact we may be in the bottom half of league 1 this time next year.
  • Fulham’s never done us any favours.
  • Sponsored links:

• So, so frustrating but when your relying on other teams to bail you out that's what you get. Should never have got to that stage as we have had countless chances this year to do our own business and bottled them all. No surprises that we bottled tonight either, would never have known we were fighting for our lives watching that dross tonight.

Firm believer that the table never lies and we deserve to be where we are however feel so sorry for Wigan. Would have been mid table if not for their points deduction. Fair play to Luton and Barnsley though, no better squads than us but had more courage and fight than us simple as.

What an absolute waste of a season. The most gutted I've been in a long time and I suspect Lee will be off imminently and who can blame him. Done a great job for us and deserves the opportunities which come his way.

Gutting.

• Outplayed by a very good Leeds team. We will all look back and sigh at the missed opportunities to hold onto points. We really have blown it this year. Hats off to Barnsley though. Beating Brentford away when they could have been promoted! Blimey! And Luton have worked miracles as well.
    So we now wait for a kick in the goolies re administration, if our new owners fail to deliver. Don't hold your breath.
  • Would welcome admin now with a double relegation. At least league 2 would see us tick off some new grounds. 
  • Like going back in time. SCP back in and recruit an entirely new squad for L1? Might as well - worked once before. 
  • That disallowed goal Vs Reading was huge.

5-3-2 and shit referees have sent us down. I'm gutted and can't even see any positives as how can we rebuild when we don't even have bricks

• Just gutted. All those injury time goals conceded have caught up with us.
    And its an injury time goal that relegates us

Which given how many last minute goals we have let in is apt.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    Cock, arse, bugger, tits, poo.
    I’ll take the tits, but pass on the rest. 
  • This club sure knows how to break your heart
  • Laddick01 said:
    I should care more. But League One or Championship the fact remains this club is rotten to the core.

Without a takeover we will sink further. Until this club is under stable ownership there’s just no point worrying. The football almost secondary.
    Post of the night, take a bow sir.
  • The club is rotten at the top and until that changes we’re fucked 
  • Croydon said:
    Would welcome admin now with a double relegation. At least league 2 would see us tick off some new grounds. 
    Admin will probably see you ticking off quite a few new grounds after AFC Charlton kick off in the 10th tier.