Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds United v Charlton Athletic | Wed 22 July | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cheering that at least the decision to send Gallagher to Swansea seems to have paid off... actually thats not cheering is it
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    As others have said it isn't tonight that has relegated us, it's all the ridiculous late goals we have conceded in so many games. The worry now is that the present squad isn't good enough to get us out of League 1, in fact we may be in the bottom half of league 1 this time next year.
    We can't even sign players, we've got no hope of promotion. 
  • Options
    Still hope,Wednesday might get done yet,but really we were not good enough for this league.Dont care what anyone says,the off field problems caused this,nobody can work under these conditions.lets  get rid of these blood sucking vile parasites ,regroup and start again,we have done it before.
  • Options
    We were never going to get anything in this game. The moment we got relegated was the moment we conceded that late equaliser at Birmingham.

Hopefully this will help bring the ownership issue to a quicker conclusion. 
    Agreed
  • Options
    Would have felt horrible if we were saved from Relegation on a technicality. Wigan don't deserve to be down, I think we probably do. Unless Varney and Barclay come in and the EFL pull their fingers out of their ass, we could very well go right down to League 2. 

This team wasn't Championship quality, but we know who is to blame for that. That said, if we didn't concede just a couple of those late goals, we are safe. Football is a cruel game. Nightmare season 
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Fulham’s never done us any favours.
    They did tonight. Brentford blew it big time. A win and they'd be in the premier league.

Fancy Swansea to beat them in the play offs now.
  • Options
    Don't see any need to attack the players tonight. Leeds turned up to win, as they have every right to do, and their squad is light years from ours. Birmingham away sank us.

Just out of interest, does no one expect the Massives to be punished at all? A big deduction, and down they go  but everyone seems to assume that's it. Did I miss an announcement?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Waiting with baited breath for Taylor's commiseration message, not expecting one for the classless cnut though 
  • Options
    As for tonight, we completely shit the bed, everyone, players and staff. Hoping elsewhere goes your way is no way to succeed in football and we are rightly relegated. 

The big battle now begins, I'll be delighted if we have a team in ay league in September regardless of who is manager or playing. Time for the parasites to go and time for the EFL to get off their arses and actually do something for the fans. I was probably more hopeful of staying in the Championship than the second part but we will see. 
  • Options
    Emotions are just a huge melting pot of apathy towards football, disappointment and fear on what the future holds. Not much else to say - deflated.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Utterly pathetic. We've been up against it all season, but every one of them should be ashamed of themselves for the performance they've put in this eve. We've had the chances post restart, and we've fucked it up in the most typically Charlton way possible. This season has been poisonous, and my love for football and Charlton has been well and truly pushed to the wire. Sick of the same of shite. From ownership all the way down to players not beating the first man at corners, NONE of it is good enough. Got what we deserved, and that's sweet fuck all.
    This has summed up everything that I cannot put into words. 
  • Options
    i know you shouldn't rely on other results, but what a pathetic attempt by brentford and fulham to achieve automatic promotion...they handed it to west brom
    Fulham got an away draw against a team that had lost one of their last 15 games - Wigan who only went down because of a 12 point deduction.

Equally, Luton stayed up because Nathan Jones inspired them to take 15 points from 8 games. And how much did they spend this season?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Fulham’s never done us any favours.
    They did tonight. Brentford blew it big time. A win and they'd be in the premier league.

Fancy Swansea to beat them in the play offs now.
    Reckon a Swansea v Cardiff Play-Off final, those are the two in form
  • Options
    I’m absolutely gutted we got relegated but if it means we sell to Varney and friends to start a fresh with new owners who care for the club. I would take that. Hopefully everything gets sorted out and we all get the club we absolutely love back. Keep the faith. 
  • Options
    That Birmingham equaliser against us kept them up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't deserve to stay up in any way. Presume we will lose Bowyer now. Just glad the players can't tweet "we go again" tonight.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2020
    Dependent on EFL making a significant points deduction on Sheff Weds. God help us.
  • Options
    Second half of this season has chipped away at my love of the game and this club. Even if we had stayed up I would not have been rejoicing. After the heroics of last season and to end the season after going through the shit this club has gone through I am amazed we took it to the final game. Time to give football and the jokers that run the game a wide berth.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Taylor going was the final straw that killed us. One more goal iin 7 out of the last 9 games and we would have stayed up.
    If we'd invested in a replacement for him when he was taking a few months off because of an injury that he picked up playing a meaningless and unnecessary game for another club we would have survived.  Tosser.  Hope he gets kicked up in the air every game he plays from now on.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Would have felt horrible if we were saved from Relegation on a technicality. Wigan don't deserve to be down, I think we probably do. Unless Varney and Barclay come in and the EFL pull their fingers out of their ass, we could very well go right down to League 2. 

This team wasn't Championship quality, but we know who is to blame for that. That said, if we didn't concede just a couple of those late goals, we are safe. Football is a cruel game. Nightmare season 
    Would have felt absolutely amazing to me. Either way I really think it was that Birmingham goal that did it a few days ago.
  • Options
    Bowyer: "It ain't because of tonight's game. We should have been safe before tonight. I'm disappointed. Relegation is never a nice thing to happen. I'm not in a good place at the moment."
  • Options
    "If you cut corners, this is what happens" - Lee Bowyer #cafc