Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Birmingham v Charlton | Match thread | 15/07/2020

Comments

• CH4RLTON said:
    At least Tomer Hemed is getting involved going for the long clearances and chasing down lost causes, Bonne just seems to be watching as he is letting the game go by him. 
    Looked the other way round to me tbf
  • ross1 said:
    Why not put Purrington on and push Doughty forward...........give me time to put my tin helmet on
    We should be doing this. Doughty isn't a left back and Williams isn't a left winger. Let's get players in their correct positions and see how we go from there. 
  • They are canceling us as they are matching us up but have more energy in the final third, this does tend to happen when we have more of the ball. This is where Bows needs to earn his stripes and switch things up as he has done in the past. 
  • Cloudworm said:

Penalties aren’t clear cut?
    No, but the rebound should be. 🚀
  • McGeady has been a little bit busy but really quite ineffective
  • Stick Phillips up front and bring on Amos. He really could be POTY if scores a couple.
  • Proper lame attack , huff and puff limited quality and looking league one material ...
  • I really don’t know what Purrington has done wrong. Doughty the only player that can really go past people.
  • Leuth said:
    McGeady has been a little bit busy but really quite ineffective
    Don't agree with that. He's done well to get the ball into the box at times and is good at beating a man. 
  • Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:
    At least Tomer Hemed is getting involved going for the long clearances and chasing down lost causes, Bonne just seems to be watching as he is letting the game go by him. 
    Looked the other way round to me tbf
    Bonne has the impressive skill of looking busy, without actually getting involved, his silly side on run makes him appear to be ready, when he never is
  • What happened to the other parts of Williams game? Seems like all he does is pick up fouls
  • Bring purrington on push doughty up to left and put Williams behind the lone forward. I’d take Bonne off
  • After seeing the lineup I thought brilliant. That's a decent attacking team to get the 3 points but fck me we really are dreadful especially the front 2. Proper pony.

Come on boys. 45 mins to save our season. Give it a go ffs.
  • Talal said:
    ross1 said:
    Why not put Purrington on and push Doughty forward...........give me time to put my tin helmet on
    We should be doing this. Doughty isn't a left back and Williams isn't a left winger. Let's get players in their correct positions and see how we go from there. 
    Who do you take off to achieve that though

Remove Field or Cullen and your putting the defence at risk of them hitting us on the break - take off Bonne and it might work but then your taking off someone who can score
  • Sounds like Bonne's only decent performance was when we played him up front on his own. Wonder if it's worth taking Hemed off for Purrington, pushing Doughty up wide left, Field and Cullen in the middle with Williams in front of them and trying to create something that way. If that doesn't do anything then Chuks on for Bonne, and after that sod it
  • Talal said:
    ross1 said:

Remove Field or Cullen and your putting the defence at risk of them hitting us on the break - take off Bonne and it might work but then your taking off someone who can score
    Are you sure
  • Chunes said:
    What happened to the other parts of Williams game? Seems like all he does is pick up fouls
    Which could be useful as a set piece is about our only chance of scoring
  • If we manage to score brum will buckle.
  • We need to release our full backs and get the ball across the area, IMO. Wouldn't be averse to Bonne->Sarr right now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    ross1 said:

I don't know mate I've had a few beers 👍
  • Sounds like Bonne's only decent performance was when we played him up front on his own. Wonder if it's worth taking Hemed off for Purrington, pushing Doughty up wide left, Field and Cullen in the middle with Williams in front of them and trying to create something that way. If that doesn't do anything then Chuks on for Bonne, and after that sod it
    If a defender is coming on it should 100% be Naby Sarr. 
  • Here come the Addicks for the second half... Big 45 minutes ahead. COME ON YOU ADDICKS! #cafc
  • Bonne's back out.

What is Bowyer thinking
  • edited July 2020
    ross1 said:
    Talal said:
    ross1 said:

Are you sure
    Well enough people seem to bang on the lack of players we've got left who have scored this season - Is it wise taking one of those off when it leaves just Cullen, Pearce, Doughty, Lockyer with a goal (?) each

Need to stop throwing high crosses into the box, Bonne aint gonna win a 50/50 with the Birmingham centre backs
  • 46' The second half is under way... Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #bcfc 0 #cafc 0
  • any streams? the one i had is dead now.
  • Biggest 45+ of our season coming up...
    Cmon let’s do this 
  • Biggest 45 minutes of our season now.
  • Morgan would have been off at half time and lambasted in the media by Bowyer following that mistake by Cullen.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!