Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Birmingham v Charlton | Match thread | 15/07/2020

Comments

• Talal said:
    ross1 said:
    Why not put Purrington on and push Doughty forward...........give me time to put my tin helmet on
    We should be doing this. Doughty isn't a left back and Williams isn't a left winger. Let's get players in their correct positions and see how we go from there. 
    Who do you take off to achieve that though

Remove Field or Cullen and your putting the defence at risk of them hitting us on the break - take off Bonne and it might work but then your taking off someone who can score
    Thought it was quite clear, Williams lol 
    But I thought we all wanted Williams to play?

lol! So easy being a fan isnt it... Can call for changes to players at will
  • cafctom said:
    I got laughed at when I said a few weeks back that we would be better off putting a midfielder up front.....it’s currently like we are playing with zero strikers.
    well its worked before Bob Curtis around 1970 and centre back Paul Went up front.
  • ross1 said:
    Perhaps all the bottom three will lose all of their remaining games 
    If only hull Vs Luton could end in a double loss
    OK a draw for this one
  • First 5 minutes. Same shit as the previous 45
  • At some point we'll need Morgan or JFC on for one of the holding midfielders, we desperately need a playmaker in midfield
    We’ve got Williams and McGeady playing. 
    Williams is a foul winner, he's put one decent pass in since the restart of the season.
  • Posted at48'

Tomer Hemed (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.

• Brum defenders can head the ball quite well so why do we keep putting long high balls down to them
  • Two very poor teams. 
  • Posted at49'

Attempt missed. Scott Hogan (Birmingham City) left footed shot from outside the box misses to the left.

• Compared to this, we played out our skin last week and v Brentford. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Posted at50'

Attempt missed. Jérémie Bela (Birmingham City) right footed shot from outside the box is high and wide to the right. Assisted by Daniel Crowley.

• ross1 said:
    SSN: Brum playing for the draw, whenever they lose the ball they all fall back and defend
    Draw is enough for them really, takes them to 50 points.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Morgan would have been off at half time and lambasted in the media by Bowyer following that mistake by Cullen.
    Shhh. Cant say that about Lord bowyer.
  • What game does Bonne think he is playing. If he controls a ball today ill be amazed
  • corner brum
  • Posted at52'

Sam Field (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

Posted at52'

Foul by Scott Hogan (Birmingham City).

• Why is Pearce our designated playmaker :s
  • I would look to get JFC or Morgan on soon, and maybe Aneke up top 
  • Doughty facing his own box has got calamity written all over it
  • Sponsored links:

• cleared for brum throw on halfway
  • Talal said:
    ross1 said:
    Why not put Purrington on and push Doughty forward...........give me time to put my tin helmet on
    We should be doing this. Doughty isn't a left back and Williams isn't a left winger. Let's get players in their correct positions and see how we go from there. 
    Who do you take off to achieve that though

Remove Field or Cullen and your putting the defence at risk of them hitting us on the break - take off Bonne and it might work but then your taking off someone who can score
    Thought it was quite clear, Williams lol 
    But I thought we all wanted Williams to play?

lol! So easy being a fan isnt it... Can call for changes to players at will
    Fair point, we don’t see the players though do we. Bows tactics or lack of is a concern. 
  • Has anyone told the players that we need to win. And to do that we need to score.
  • Does anyone understand this shape?

We don't overload on the wings

And we can't play through the center because we're not good enough

So... What are we doing
  • Watching Pearce try and play like Sarr with Sarr on the bench is pretty painful
  • We’ve got to get one of these strikers off. For some one. Any one. 
  • Get aneke on!
  • Brum corner after Doughty loses the ball on our left, headed away by Pearce and Doughty hoofs it away to the halfway line.
  • Addickhead86 said:
    Why is Pearce our designated playmaker :s
    More likely to set Brum up!
  • So so poor, nothing 
    Strikers can't win anything, so predictable 

Boywer needs to change this up early 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!