Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Birmingham v Charlton | Match thread | 15/07/2020

Comments

• edited July 2020
    Terrible first half. Need Morgan on asap 
     Need to go four at the back were too slow playing it from the back with three as their front two are slowing down our first pass making it easy for Brum to defend
  • Get Bonne off at half time,he looks so bereft of confidence. Get Davison on.
    Yeah, probably being slagged off by your manager does that to you. 

Didn't you say you hoped Cullen got subbed at halftime for a mistake he made about 3 pages ago? Make your mind up.
  • It’s easy to constantly blame the strikers but the service to them has been fairly poor other than a couple of Cullen crosses, Hemed was perfectly placed if Doughty looked up...
    True but it's their overall game. Lack of movement, never winning a header, can't hold the ball up. At least Aneke will do that and we can build an attack from there. 

Absolutely no point hitting it long to these two, as we lose possession and it comes straight back.
  • its dire. maybe bowyer can sub himself on
  • Might as well leave Bonne and Hemed with the substitutes at half time to practice shooting from outside the box
  • I’d get Morgan on for McGeady. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We are truly awful. 64% possession and we’ve created absolutely f all.  Birmingham are just as bad. Forwards a waste of space. Bonne clueless and Hemed couldn’t give a toss. But they’ve had no service whatsoever. Williams sussed. Draws fouls and nothing else. Ref not interested so he’s knackered. Our only hope is Brum are truly awful too so this could go either way. How far we’ve fallen. 
  • It’s easy to constantly blame the strikers but the service to them has been fairly poor other than a couple of Cullen crosses, Hemed was perfectly placed if Doughty looked up...

That was McGeady
  • Get Sarr on up front.
    If Bowyer doesn't want to play Davison, I'd actually gamble and do this
  • Take both strikers off, try aneke and davison, cant be any worse
  • Feels like we're lacking the movement, and the confidence to play it to teammates in tight spaces. However, the couple of chances we've had have proven that if you don't play it safe, you're only a pass away from breaking their press. 
  • At least Tomer Hemed is getting involved going for the long clearances and chasing down lost causes, Bonne just seems to be watching as he is letting the game go by him. 
  • Birmingham are letting us have the ball and waiting for us to give away when we pass forward. Passing is poor, movement is none existent. 

Hemed, Bonne & McGeady are terrible. 

• edited July 2020
    It is hard to argue that either of these sides deserve to stay in the division. 

I'd be bold and bring on JFC for McGeady and switch to a diamond in midfield. This game is also calling out for Sarr's ability to pick a pass out of the back, so might also be tempted to take off McGeady and bring on Sarr and go to a back three. That should allow Sarr and Lockyer to push forward from the back and allow the wing backs to play higher and give Field and Cullen more cover.

Bottom line is we look poor. Can't even blame the forwards as we can't even get the ball to them. Brum know how toothless we are in midfield and they're just sitting off letting us pass it around at the back. We're just very predictable. 

Maybe the most important 45 minutes of the season. Over to Bowyer to see what he can do to change the game because we realistically need three points 
  • Poorest we’ve looked since the lockdown. Lots of faffing about at the back and no movement and no creativity going forward. Let off with the penalty but the players look like they don’t know who’s doing what. Playing our fastest most threatening player at left back seems odd. And when AD does go forward, Pearce covers at left back and looks uncomfortable. Pretty grim so far and hard to see what will change second half.
  • edited July 2020
    Terrible first half 
  • Sponsored links:

• FT Brentford 1 Preston 0
    FT B/City 1 Stoke 1
  • I have been very patient with hemed this season. Have liked some of the flicks and control he has. But he has been here all season and hasn't got a single goal. Has he even got an assist? Neither of these strikers are good enough. Davidson isn't the answer either, goals need to come from midfield or set pieces 
  • I got laughed at when I said a few weeks back that we would be better off putting a midfielder up front.....it’s currently like we are playing with zero strikers.
  • I say this ten times a week probably but how we can't find room for big lad, goal threat and all-around baller Naby Sarr in this team of dull cloggers is absolutely destroying me. At the back, in midfield or up front. Somewhere, anywhere. Get him on, Lee. It is written that he'll save us
  • Field playing well, McGeady having another decent game, what a save from Dillon. Not many other positives. Think we might’ve had it here
  • Brum playing for the draw with a chance of hitting us on the break

• Penalties aren’t clear cut?
  • Leuth said:
    I say this ten times a week probably but how we can't find room for big lad, goal threat and all-around baller Naby Sarr in this team of dull cloggers is absolutely destroying me. At the back, in midfield or up front. Somewhere, anywhere. Get him on, Lee. It is written that he'll save us
    I don't see why he couldn't play left-back
  • I wonder if the players actually know what our situation is? Are we even trying to score? FFS - we arent good enough to create chances from open play in the box.

Professional footballers should be able to get shots on target from 25 yards - at least have some efforts on goal. We are going down without a care or whimper here outside of Dillon saving the penalty.
  • ct_addick said:
    Brum playing for the draw with a chance of hitting us on the break
    They’re going for it more than we are. Hassling our defence all the time. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!