Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• MattF said:
    Sounds like the takeover just took a little too long with the players we were after which means we've either lost out or we've just got to talk to them again 
    Don't understand why LB is saying we'll get the striker & matthews back in next week. What's the matter with this week ?
    Where has he said next week?

I thought he meant this week regardless when he mentioned the Striker and Matthews - He certainly cant leave the Striker until beyond next Monday if it is Schwartz as that window closes then
    And he'll likely have to isolate for 2 weeks so could do with him being here sharpish
    Well he though? I thought normal isolation rules don't apply when you're having daily COVID tests? Assumed that's how TS has been going back and forth.
  • Vfrf said:
    MattF said:
    Sounds like the takeover just took a little too long with the players we were after which means we've either lost out or we've just got to talk to them again 
    Don't understand why LB is saying we'll get the striker & matthews back in next week. What's the matter with this week ?

I thought he meant this week regardless when he mentioned the Striker and Matthews - He certainly cant leave the Striker until beyond next Monday if it is Schwartz as that window closes then
    And he'll likely have to isolate for 2 weeks so could do with him being here sharpish
    Well he though? I thought normal isolation rules don't apply when you're having daily COVID tests? Assumed that's how TS has been going back and forth.
    Hasn't Sarr been missing for Huddersfield because he's been in quarantine?
  • edited September 2020
    https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/huddersfield-town-stance-karlan-grant-19012125

According to this, Huddersfield aren’t going to agree to a season loan unless the fee is “substantial”. They want as much money as they can get up front.
  • edited September 2020
    Vfrf said:
    MattF said:
    Vfrf said:
    MattF said:

There is an elite sports exemption depending on a set of criteria:
    • The club can prove the player has come from another elite sport bubble with regular COVID-19 testing
    • The player must provide a negative test before travelling to the new country
    • The player must be entering the UK for the purposes of joining an elite sporting environment. This would mean the top six tiers of English football if the precedent over fan attendance holds true
    • The player's medical should take place in the country of origin before they travel
    Depends how closely the club is working on him with it.
    Very closely with any luck.

The medical has already been done based on what we've been told, have to assume his current club is doing regular testing, rest of the criteria should be fine.
  • mart77 said:
    He said that Sunday Bob, so he was referring to this week I believe.
    Ah ok cheers I'm constantly playing catch up this last week or so 
  • Sounds like the takeover just took a little too long with the players we were after which means we've either lost out or we've just got to talk to them again 

My mistake (hopefully) I only read it today & he said it yesterday, I always take Sunday as the first day of the week so hope he meant in the next week.
  • edited September 2020
    Cor imagine Gallagher at this level, he'd tear it up.

Dear Chelsea, can we have him back now we have an owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• When is the latest we can sign players so they can play against Brighton on Wed evening?
  • When is the latest we can sign players so they can play against Brighton on Wed evening?

I'd assume midday tomorrow
  • Vfrf said:
    MattF said:
    Vfrf said:
    MattF said:

• The club can prove the player has come from another elite sport bubble with regular COVID-19 testing
    • The player must be entering the UK for the purposes of joining an elite sporting environment. This would mean the top six tiers of English football if the precedent over fan attendance holds true
    • The player's medical should take place in the country of origin before they travel
    It says elite sports, I don't think we come under that category
  • ads said:
    Vfrf said:
    MattF said:
    Vfrf said:
    MattF said:

We do. As do Welling, Dartford and Ebbsfleet!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sorry I have to disagree with most people. If Marcus Maddison is so bloody good why is he unemployed and couldn't get a game at the only championship team worse than us last season.

The guy has played 7 games in the championship in his whole career. He is 27.

Why hasn't a championship club, or a league 1 club that weren't a basket case in August, or an SPL team taken him? 
    Look at his record in league one, that's why he would be good in league one
    His league 1 goals per game is considerably worse than Oztumer's.  At 6 years at Peterborough he didn't get promoted did he?

Like I said he can't be that good, can he? 
    You can not seriously compare Maddison with Oztumer? 
    Maddison is much better. Also didn't win promotion with Posh? That Is such a silly argurment.  I didnt know it came down to 1 player for promotion...? We got relegated with Josh Cullen was that his fault? They also never got promoted with Ivan Toney.

Again, anyone who is seriously turning their nose up to Maddison when you see our current sqaud and our last 2 performances I would love to know what alternatives you think are out there.

Oh, and just for the record I think he a bit of a prat as well but he is a bloody good footballer. (Hence why Peterbourgh offered him their highest ever wage deal)
    No I am not comparing them, what I am doing is highlighting how stats can prove, or other wise, almost anything.  Johnny Williams has never scored a league 1 goal, so must be worse than both of them? 

I am assuming anyone commenting on Marcus Maddison have seen him live what 4 to 6 times, max?  A few highlights on quest and a YouTube video?  Yet it's taken as gospel he is league 1s answer to Pele.

Are you saying every championship manager, for the last 6 years, and every league 1 manager with any money is wrong?  If he was that good, someone would have taken the risk with his attitude.

As I said the other day, like Ricky Holmes, there is a reason he is a league 1 player.  People that are paid, a lot of, money to see this seem to all agree.  Why do a people seem to think other wise? 

Who are the League One managers with money? Maybe us, but who else?
  • We are one of only 4 clubs in this league who has paid a fee so far.  Peterborough the only one who spent anything significant, 1.2m for Clarke-Harris, and that was only because they sold Toney for 10m.  I’m grateful we’ve got a geeza willing to pay the bills and give Bowyer some sort of support.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transfers/wettbewerb/GB3

This we are in a very place compared to others at the moment and lucky. 

I do wonder if TS did see this as an opportunity and a perfect time to jump in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyway this thread has gone west....so I’ll send it east...2 in today I reckon. 
  • Didn't we get Joe Aribo from Staines Town?
    Yes
  • Anyway this thread has gone west....so I’ll send it east...2 in today I reckon. 
    Wishful thinking or you heard something.
    I’m certainly hoping we get a couple today as they could get a run out tomorrow night 
  • CafcSCP said:
    Anyway this thread has gone west....so I’ll send it east...2 in today I reckon. 
    Wishful thinking or you heard something.
    I’m certainly hoping we get a couple today as they could get a run out tomorrow night 
    Even if they sign & are registered on time today I doubt LB will throw them in tomorrow. 
  • ads said:
    Vfrf said:
    MattF said:
    Vfrf said:
    MattF said:

I'm guessing this was tongue in cheek 😂 top six tiers are considered elite apparently! 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sorry I have to disagree with most people. If Marcus Maddison is so bloody good why is he unemployed and couldn't get a game at the only championship team worse than us last season.

Why hasn't a championship club, or a league 1 club that weren't a basket case in August, or an SPL team taken him? 
    His league 1 goals per game is considerably worse than Oztumer's.  At 6 years at Peterborough he didn't get promoted did he?

Maddison is much better. Also didn't win promotion with Posh? That Is such a silly argurment.  I didnt know it came down to 1 player for promotion...? We got relegated with Josh Cullen was that his fault? They also never got promoted with Ivan Toney.

Again, anyone who is seriously turning their nose up to Maddison when you see our current sqaud and our last 2 performances I would love to know what alternatives you think are out there.

Oh, and just for the record I think he a bit of a prat as well but he is a bloody good footballer. (Hence why Peterbourgh offered him their highest ever wage deal)
    No I am not comparing them, what I am doing is highlighting how stats can prove, or other wise, almost anything.  Johnny Williams has never scored a league 1 goal, so must be worse than both of them? 

I am assuming anyone commenting on Marcus Maddison have seen him live what 4 to 6 times, max?  A few highlights on quest and a YouTube video?  Yet it's taken as gospel he is league 1s answer to Pele.

Are you saying every championship manager, for the last 6 years, and every league 1 manager with any money is wrong?  If he was that good, someone would have taken the risk with his attitude.

As I said the other day, like Ricky Holmes, there is a reason he is a league 1 player.  People that are paid, a lot of, money to see this seem to all agree.  Why do a people seem to think other wise? 

Sunderland have spent some money in league 1.  As have Wigan, Blackburn and others over the last few years.  I get that he is a good league 1 player, possibly one of the best but why has he been a league 1 player for 6 years?

Someone like Josh Maginis has had 2 moves to championship clubs (OK they both got relegated) yet Maddison has been stuck there. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Sunderland have spent some money in league 1.  As have Wigan, Blackburn and others over the last few years.  I get that he is a good league 1 player, possibly one of the best but why has he been a league 1 player for 6 years?

Someone like Josh Maginis has had 2 moves to championship clubs (OK they both got relegated) yet Maddison has been stuck there. 
    Posted on wrong thread? There is a separate thread on Maddison to keep this one on topic.🙂
  • We are one of only 4 clubs in this league who has paid a fee so far.  Peterborough the only one who spent anything significant, 1.2m for Clarke-Harris, and that was only because they sold Toney for 10m.  I’m grateful we’ve got a geeza willing to pay the bills and give Bowyer some sort of support.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transfers/wettbewerb/GB3
    So that site reckons we paid £198k for Alex Gilbey?

Probably cash deposit now and instalments. MK said they at the time they needed the money.

Conor Washington could also have cost a fee - he was still under contract at Hearts.