Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Sorry I have to disagree with most people. If Marcus Maddison is so bloody good why is he unemployed and couldn't get a game at the only championship team worse than us last season.

The guy has played 7 games in the championship in his whole career. He is 27.

Why hasn't a championship club, or a league 1 club that weren't a basket case in August, or an SPL team taken him? 
    Look at his record in league one, that's why he would be good in league one
    His league 1 goals per game is considerably worse than Oztumer's.  At 6 years at Peterborough he didn't get promoted did he?

Like I said he can't be that good, can he? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sorry I have to disagree with most people. If Marcus Maddison is so bloody good why is he unemployed and couldn't get a game at the only championship team worse than us last season.

Why hasn't a championship club, or a league 1 club that weren't a basket case in August, or an SPL team taken him? 
    His league 1 goals per game is considerably worse than Oztumer's.  At 6 years at Peterborough he didn't get promoted did he?

Assists will do fine. 
  • Has anyone told SG & LB that the transfer embargo has ended. Seems like the memo never reached them. 
    We’ve just signed two new players and it’s been just one ‘working day’ since the takeover. 

Stop being a massive wally all the time.
    We were told that we had 5 or 6 "lined up" and bows was expecting 3 on Friday. I wasnt expecting a truck load to be announced by noon today but I thought there would have been a sniff of something  by now. I'm not worried in the least as I know there will be a few more bodies in by the end of the transfer deadline, but not as many as everyone on here thinks & certainly not some of the names mentioned. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

He's more known for his assists, his delivery into the box is first class... 
    SeasonAppearancesAssists
    2016/174818
    2017/185322
    2018/194622
    2019/2076
    He got 6 assists in the 7 games he played for Hull? 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

SeasonAppearancesAssists
    2016/174818
    2017/185322
    2018/194622
    2019/2076
     I hate what we're told his attitude is, but that's a decent assist ratio. 
  • Has anyone told SG & LB that the transfer embargo has ended. Seems like the memo never reached them. 
    We’ve just signed two new players and it’s been just one ‘working day’ since the takeover. 

Stop being a massive wally all the time.
    We were told that we had 5 or 6 "lined up" and bows was expecting 3 on Friday. I wasnt expecting a truck load to be announced by noon today but I thought there would have been a sniff of something  by now.

I'm not worried in the least as I know there will be a few more bodies in by the end of the transfer deadline, but not as many as everyone on here thinks & certainly not some of the names mentioned. 
    A new signing could perhaps be better than some of the names mentioned?

• Cafc43v3r said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

SeasonAppearancesAssists
    2016/174818
    2017/185322
    2018/194622
    2019/2076
    I think those are the 7 games he played for peterborough last year.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

SeasonAppearancesAssists
    2016/174818
    2017/185322
    2018/194622
    2019/2076
    I think those are the 7 games he played for peterborough last year.
    He played 21 games for the posh last season 
  • A couple  of thoughts: We desperately need a midfielder who can score goals. Maddison is that sort of player. I am still scratching my head thinking about all the chances Bowyer said our strikers missed yesterday. Washington early doors yes. Then we are talking about half chances at best. 

cafc_se7 said:
    I would have MM over Andre Green. Simply because MM is proven at this level and his dead ball ability is ridiculous! 
    I kind-of agree but the best strikers are the ones who can make a half chance out of nothing with a bit of skill or from reading the game and taking an educated gamble.  Taylor had that.  Bonne doesn't appear to (yet)
  • Sponsored links:

• We need bodies clearly. Personally not a fan of Maddison’s character but it’s all about getting out of League One and I think the likes of Maddison offers more creativity than anyone in our current squad, so I’d sign him up. Ultimately if Bows thinks Steven Taylor, Marcus Maddison etc are the ones to get us out of this league, then I’ll back him and them.

I’d love to be signing players that will be heroes here for many years to come but ultimately we cannot fall into the trap of looking too far ahead and then finding ourselves in the same league next year.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

SeasonAppearancesAssists
    2016/174818
    2017/185322
    2018/194622
    2019/2076
    They're his stats from the sky sports website. Worth mentioning that Posh had a striker capable of finishing in all of those seasons though!
  • ButtleJR said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

SeasonAppearancesAssists
    2016/174818
    2017/185322
    2018/194622
    2019/2076
    Played 308 games, scored 80 and 100 assists... 

Last season he had the following stats: 
    P33, G11, A 8. 19 goal interactions in total and 1 goal interaction in his 7 at Hull (1GS, 0A in the championship)
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Covid related rebudgeting 
  • Maddison is a very good player at this level with a very good goal and assist record, though it's probably helped that Posh tend to play attacking football, and he has had excellent attacking players around him, the likes of Toney, Eisa, Godden and Marriott
  • Every successful team needs an arrogant arse hole! Home fans see it as talent rather than arrogance and way fans target the player which generally works against them.....Taylor v Luton last year. 

Charlton need a flair player with attitude, that’s Marcus Maddison and not Jake Forster caskey!! 
  • edited September 2020
    Yeah fudge it. I am certain Bowyer would either straighten him out or fling him out on loan if it were to not work out. #letsdothis
  • It doesn't make any sense that prices would have gone up now that the takeover's complete. 'Yeah, while you're under a transfer embargo you can have this player for £500,000 on £1,500 a week, he'll come in once a new owner is installed and it's lifted. Transfer embargo's lifted you say? Oh, then it's £2m and he wants £4,000 a week, the person we knew was going to take you over has taken over and we've somehow only just realised he has money. I appreciate that takeovers can sometimes push prices up but not when there was no deal to be had until the takeover happened; any negotiation would have been on the basis of the takeover happening.
    Having said that, I'm a little confused that we haven't brought more people in. We are desperate for reinforcements and I'm surprised that we didn't have more ready to go straight away. I really thought we'd have four in by now. Let's just hope we get a deluge of them in over the next day or two as I really don't want another Roland-style season where every injury becomes a promotion threatening setback.
  • It doesn't make any sense that prices would have gone up now that the takeover's complete. 'Yeah, while you're under a transfer embargo you can have this player for £500,000 on £1,500 a week, he'll come in once a new owner is installed and it's lifted. Transfer embargo's lifted you say? Oh, then it's £2m and he wants £4,000 a week, the person we knew was going to take you over has taken over and we've somehow only just realised he has money. I appreciate that takeovers can sometimes push prices up but not when there was no deal to be had until the takeover happened; any negotiation would have been on the basis of the takeover happening.
    Having said that, I'm a little confused that we haven't brought more people in. We are desperate for reinforcements and I'm surprised that we didn't have more ready to go straight away. I really thought we'd have four in by now. Let's just hope we get a deluge of them in over the next day or two as I really don't want another Roland-style season where every injury becomes a promotion threatening setback.
    Not to sound rude, but I suggest you read up on what football agents have done to the market over the past two decades. 

Some will have 100% tried to get more money since the takeover, and that could be one of a few reasons why we haven’t moved quicker to get deals over the line. 
  • Sponsored links:

Not to sound rude, but I suggest you read up on what football agents have done to the market over the past two decades. 

Some will have 100% tried to get more money since the takeover, and that could be one of a few reasons why we haven’t moved quicker to get deals over the line. 
    I don't need to read up on agents thanks, what I'm saying is that people who think the takeover has pushed prices up are saying that teams and agents will have negotiated deals based on 'this will go through once Sandgaard takes over because it literally can't happen otherwise' and then once he's taken over have pushed up prices because the only thing that could make a deal happen in the first place has happened. Nothing has actually changed, the deal will have been negotiated on the basis that Sandgaard is the owner. These aren't deals negotiated with one owner in mind who then switched to another.
  • All this talk about Maddison, have we been linked? 
  • edited September 2020
    I too thought the signings were good to go at some point subject to the takeover. The delay may have changed things in relation to some if other options appear. I am sure Gallen and Bowyer will have targeted decent players so wouldn't be a surprise if they interest other clubs.

Turning that around a bit. Whilst they might have been decent in terms of a certain budget, it is also possible the budget has increased so we are looking for better more expensive players.

I'm sure we shall find out soon enough. We certainly need a few more in for our next league game.

I don't need to read up on agents thanks, what I'm saying is that people who think the takeover has pushed prices up are saying that teams and agents will have negotiated deals based on 'this will go through once Sandgaard takes over because it literally can't happen otherwise' and then once he's taken over have pushed up prices because the only thing that could make a deal happen in the first place has happened. Nothing has actually changed, the deal will have been negotiated on the basis that Sandgaard is the owner. These aren't deals negotiated with one owner in mind who then switched to another.
    How do you know? The deals are more than likely freebies that have been financed via wages from former players. We've had a fair chunk of wage budget to spend on replacements, however, we couldn't due to an embargo. 

To say nothing has actually changed is a bit baffling. Over the weekend, we've gone from a club on the brink to a club with cash in the bank and a cash-rich extravert owner who has no prior football experience. Even Simon Jordan said today Sandaard must learn quickly as clubs and agents will look to take the piss as much as they can. 

To say nothing has changed and this shouldn't change agents asking prices sounds naive to me. 
  • edited September 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

You can not seriously compare Maddison with Oztumer? 
    Maddison is much better. Also didn't win promotion with Posh? That Is such a silly argurment.  I didnt know it came down to 1 player for promotion...? We got relegated with Josh Cullen was that his fault? They also never got promoted with Ivan Toney.

Again, anyone who is seriously turning their nose up to Maddison when you see our current sqaud and our last 2 performances I would love to know what alternatives you think are out there.

Oh, and just for the record I think he a bit of a prat as well but he is a bloody good footballer. (Hence why Peterbourgh offered him their highest ever wage deal)
  • edited September 2020
    Not a rumour involving a Charlton signing... More a rumour that involves helping us in the market...

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/west-brom-in-talks-over-18m-deal-for-championship-man/

20% sell on (?) would result in us getting £3.6m from the Karlan Grant sale, sadly it could be a loan deal first with West Brom playing £18m if they stay up
  • Not a rumour involving a Charlton signing... More a rumour that involves helping us in the market...

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/west-brom-in-talks-over-18m-deal-for-championship-man/

20% sell on (?) would result in us getting £3.6m from the Karlan Grant sale
    Shame that it sounds like it might be a loan deal which might not be much use in the short term. 

Happier though to think that sell on fees might now be going to someone more trustworthy than before 
  • MattF said:
    Not a rumour involving a Charlton signing... More a rumour that involves helping us in the market...

20% sell on (?) would result in us getting £3.6m from the Karlan Grant sale
    Shame that it sounds like it might be a loan deal which might not be much use in the short term. 

Happier though to think that sell on fees might now be going to someone more trustworthy than before 
    Damn, that'll teach me to read the article first