Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Problem with Maddison I fully expect him to have the attitude that as a Free Transfer he doesnt have to rush to sign anyone and holds all the cards

After all its not like he has to ensure he's signed up with someone before the end of the Transfer Window

In his head he's probably thinking that if he waits a little longer then clubs will start getting injuries so will become more desperate for his services

He won't have made that much money in his career though really will he other than the Hull contract to be hanging around too long, particularly at the moment. Was unsure on him before but feel its worth a punt
  • edited September 2020
    Problem with Maddison I fully expect him to have the attitude that as a Free Transfer he doesnt have to rush to sign anyone and holds all the cards

After all its not like he has to ensure he's signed up with someone before the end of the Transfer Window

In his head he's probably thinking that if he waits a little longer then clubs will start getting injuries so will become more desperate for his services
    He doesn’t hold all the cards though, Championship sides won’t want him and League 1 sides are limited by the salary cap.
  • Ferryman said:
    I remember we've previously been linked with Liam Bridcutt. Thought he was impressive yesterday and pretty much ran the game.
    I like Bridcutt a lot and have often put his name forward as a possible signing. 

I suspect had we been without an embargo six weeks ago then he might have been a possible  I cannot imagine that he is on a massive salary at Lincoln. 

That said,  remember where he came from  Forest. Ben Watson kept him out of the team. Across the season I think I would prefer Watson. 
  • Any signings today then? 
  • possibly the most painful thread on here to catch up, some of the people on here have no clue and we end up losing pages to players who have played (Bailey/Taylor) and players we have no chance of getting (Wilshere). why do i do it to myself, forks to the eyes anyone? 

Yes Rumours, but sorry i couldn't just walk on by it was a tough read. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    Richard J said:
    Schwartz. Could he play Wednesday? 

For once will that competition give us a chance to put minutes into players? 
    I'd question if he'll be allowed to play for 14-days if he's only just coming from Denmark

Naby Sarr is under the same restrictions @ Huddersfield after being out of the country
    He apparently had a medical. Is Denmark on the same restriction list as France ?
    It was as of 4am on Saturday morning I think
    bugger that's not good
  • A slightly disappointing lack of activity or rumours today. For once the EFL Trophy match on Wednesday will be useful as any new signings can play in that match to get improve their match fitness
    especially as there were six or seven 'oven ready'
    They were turkeys 
  • MattF said:
    Schwartz was the top goalscorer in the Danish Superliga last season with 18 goals.

Only thing I'm not sure of is how that league compares to League One. Assume it is a high standard.
    The club he plays for were blown away by Rangers in the Europa league last season, 7-3 on aggregate.

However they've since walked the Danish league and are now 90 minutes away from qualifying for this years Champions league group stages, so are clearly a lot lot better than league one level.
    Top division in Denmark is at best bottom half Championship.
    The teams in the lower reaches of the top division would definitely be League 1.
  • MattF said:
    Schwartz was the top goalscorer in the Danish Superliga last season with 18 goals.

Only thing I'm not sure of is how that league compares to League One. Assume it is a high standard.
    The club he plays for were blown away by Rangers in the Europa league last season, 7-3 on aggregate.

However they've since walked the Danish league and are now 90 minutes away from qualifying for this years Champions league group stages, so are clearly a lot lot better than league one level.
    Top division in Denmark is at best bottom half Championship.
    The teams in the lower reaches of the top division would definitely be League 1.
    That's good enough for now. I don't watch the Danish league so will trust you!
  • I am still confident we will get the players we need this week.  I also think that if we can't get the ones we had lined up Thomas might make a few quid available to actually buy some.  Happy days. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I am still confident we will get the players we need this week.  I also think that if we can't get the ones we had lined up Thomas might make a few quid available to actually buy some.  Happy days. 
    Hopefully. Any more news on the defender that we were meant to be paying £ for? 🤞
  • One of the issues might be that now Thomas has signed, sealed, delivered...prices might go up...
  • Marcus Maddison is available. We seriously need to take a look and try and get him in. Plenty of decent freebies out there as well
    Seem to remember he didn't want to sign for us in January because he didn't like the traffic in London.
    You would expect Peterborough to have him back, but from their chairman's interview he's been to much of a problem to them over the recent years.    
    Maddison wanted to move north to be nearer to his family not move further south. A lot of the bad mouthing from the Posh owner was because Maddison was running down his contract and Posh would’ve got nothing. The original Charlton interest was a complete non-starter. We were under an embargo at the time and Southall was mates with MacAnthony and was helping him out trying to drum up interest in the player. Wasting Bowyers time obviously didn’t bother Southall.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I am still confident we will get the players we need this week.  I also think that if we can't get the ones we had lined up Thomas might make a few quid available to actually buy some.  Happy days. 
    Hopefully. Any more news on the defender that we were meant to be paying £ for? 🤞
    Nope, no idea why it hasn't happened yet. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:
    One of the issues might be that now Thomas has signed, sealed, delivered...prices might go up...
    I'm still puzzled as to what's holding up the Matthews signing.
  • I imagine now we have a new rich owner everyone will have increased their asking price 
  • Do prices actually go up when a new owner comes in or was that just a convenient excuse Mouthall used to justify not signing anyone in January
  • I suspect it’s a little of every possible theory why more signings we were expecting havn't happened. Agents and players stalling for any last minute interest and I hope that Bowyer and Gallen are now able to consult their dream list and not just the list they had before. 
  • MattF said:
    Do prices actually go up when a new owner comes in or was that just a convenient excuse Mouthall used to justify not signing anyone in January
    100% they go up. It’s no different to a team who has recently sold a player for multiple millions. You know they’re cash rich so you try and play them for as much as you can. 
  • MattF said:
    Do prices actually go up when a new owner comes in or was that just a convenient excuse Mouthall used to justify not signing anyone in January
    100% they go up. It’s no different to a team who has recently sold a player for multiple millions. You know they’re cash rich so you try and play them for as much as you can. 
    Just seems strange that these were supposed to be deals lined up ready to go as soon as the embargo was lifted. Although if it's agents playing silly buggers then it explains a lot
  • cafc-west said:
    One of the issues might be that now Thomas has signed, sealed, delivered...prices might go up...
    I'm still puzzled as to what's holding up the Matthews signing.
    Probably Mathews agent, still waiting for a Championship team to come in for him