Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• edited September 2020
    There has been a disturbing lack of ITK postings on this thread recently to keep things ticking over
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    We need a side as good as the one we had 18/19, it’s as simple as that.  IMO, it MUST be a big couple of weeks in the window for us to have a chance of going up, I’m not saying TS has got to make it happen this quick, I’m just saying if he doesn’t want this seasons aim written off already:

18/19 v 20/21

Phillips v Amos. 18/19
    Djiksteel v Matthews (🙏🏻). 20/21
    Purrington v Purrington. n/a
    Bauer v Oshilaja  18/19
    Sarr v Famewo  18/19 (could be wrong)
    Bielik v Pratley/Watson 18/19
    Cullen v Gilbey 18/19 (like AG but JC is JC)
    Aribo v Levitt 18/19
    Williams v Doughty -
    Taylor v Bonne 18/19
    Parker v Washington 20/21

So the posters saying we need this, this, that, that, this, that, are correct if we’re seriously considering going up this season.
    Your comparing apples and oranges though.  You might be proved right come the end of the season but you can't compare the whole of Bielik or Cullen's season against 20 minutes of Watson and about 120 minutes of Levitt can you?

If/when we get replacements for Dijksteel, BFG and Taylor the balance between the comparison may look very different.

Also if at the start of the 18/19 anyone claiming Phillips was a better keeper than Amos would have been told to "give their head a wobble". 
    I understand where you’re coming from, but I didn’t look at it how you’re saying I’ve looked at it.  

I looked at it from the angle that if both that player and this player were available who would you pick.  And that’s where I was with it, you can’t tell me you’d not swap Watson for Bielik tomorrow given the chance?  You can’t tell me given the chance you wouldn’t take Aribo or Cullen back in a swap deal for any of midfielders right now because you would surely?

Understand it looks negative but that’s where we are, promotion is so tough, you cannot underestimate the quality it requires.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    We need a side as good as the one we had 18/19, it’s as simple as that.  IMO, it MUST be a big couple of weeks in the window for us to have a chance of going up, I’m not saying TS has got to make it happen this quick, I’m just saying if he doesn’t want this seasons aim written off already:

18/19 v 20/21

Phillips v Amos. 18/19
    Bauer v Oshilaja  18/19
    Aribo v Levitt 18/19
    Williams v Doughty -
    Taylor v Bonne 18/19

So the posters saying we need this, this, that, that, this, that, are correct if we’re seriously considering going up this season.
    Your comparing apples and oranges though.  You might be proved right come the end of the season but you can't compare the whole of Bielik or Cullen's season against 20 minutes of Watson and about 120 minutes of Levitt can you?

If/when we get replacements for Dijksteel, BFG and Taylor the balance between the comparison may look very different.

Also if at the start of the 18/19 anyone claiming Phillips was a better keeper than Amos would have been told to "give their head a wobble". 
    Also, if I compared our XI now to the XI of 17/18 it would probably be fairly even.
  • MattF said:
    There has been a disturbing lack of ITK postings on this thread recently to keep things ticking over
    Schwartz has returned to Denmark but the deal is not dead yet. There you go 
    That's more like it
  • Cafc43v3r said:

18/19 v 20/21

Phillips v Amos. 18/19
    Bauer v Oshilaja  18/19
    Aribo v Levitt 18/19
    Williams v Doughty -
    Taylor v Bonne 18/19

I understand where you’re coming from, but I didn’t look at it how you’re saying I’ve looked at it.  

I looked at it from the angle that if both that player and this player were available who would you pick.  And that’s where I was with it, you can’t tell me you’d not swap Watson for Bielik tomorrow given the chance?  You can’t tell me given the chance you wouldn’t take Aribo or Cullen back in a swap deal for any of midfielders right now because you would surely?

Understand it looks negative but that’s where we are, promotion is so tough, you cannot underestimate the quality it requires.
    Of course we'd all take proven players over new signings, but what we don't know is how we'll rate Levitt, Watson etc at the end of the season compared to how we rate them now. Pratley's a great example, he was written off and I'm not sure anyone expected him to make the impact he did in the play-offs and the Championship.
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

18/19 v 20/21

Phillips v Amos. 18/19
    Bauer v Oshilaja  18/19
    Aribo v Levitt 18/19
    Williams v Doughty -
    Taylor v Bonne 18/19

Of course we'd all take proven players over new signings, but what we don't know is how we'll rate Levitt, Watson etc at the end of the season compared to how we rate them now. Pratley's a great example, he was written off and I'm not sure anyone expected him to make the impact he did in the play-offs and the Championship.
    Happy to be proven wrong, I just think we are off the promotion pace, and will be unless some drastic change happens.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Of course, "Rome wasn't built in a day", etc ......... and quelle surprise, nor is our promotion winning team this season. :wink:

In fact, it was just the remnants of last season's squad, after 12 players left - plus a couple added in August, another 3 weeks ago and 2 more this weekend.

That's still a lot of gaps in the squad, let alone in the 1st team.  That's apparent, so personally I'm not going to be too critical right now.
    The transfer embargo was a long time being lifted, but we're ready to continue rebuilding. New signings will be made, a little patience needed while they gel. And the rest is down to Bowyer.

Today after the Lincoln game, I wasn't so disappointed with players' individual performances, missing chances, or the referee's almighty cock up. But where was the fight and motivation in the 2nd half?

We need to be bringing in players with strong mental focus and determination. 

Oh, a rumour? Adam Matthews is still hiding in the shed.

• I think the point regarding a striker and in particular Schwartz is that he’s completely unknown in English football. We all hope that he will be good enough to make an impact but he could just as easily be out of his depth. Having to run with what we have up front plus Schwartz until January could easily cost us this season. Davison needs a loan and on that basis I would like to see us sign two strikers. Certainly Schwartz looks like a worthwhile punt but surely that’s all he is at this point.
  • Schwartz was the top goalscorer in the Danish Superliga last season with 18 goals.

Only thing I'm not sure of is how that league compares to League One. Assume it is a high standard.
  • MattF said:
    Schwartz was the top goalscorer in the Danish Superliga last season with 18 goals.

Only thing I'm not sure of is how that league compares to League One. Assume it is a high standard.
    I would say it’s comparable to league one.
  • Not sure the quarantine rules would apply if a test is provided. If you've been tested and results are negative business as usual? Probably how Sandgaard got around going back and forth.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The players we have got aren't the problem.  Stop trying to judge players based on an unbalanced team.  The world and his wife can see we need a goal scorer.  I would expect Bonne and Washington would say so them selves. 

We can't play 1 up top because we don't have anyone that can play that role.  We have 3 number tens who are more than good enough to play in this league.  We have no right sided center back or right back. 

Look what a different team we looked when Purrington came in last time we were in this division.  He wasn't Roberto Carlos but playing with an actual left back made a big difference. 

It's balance, and numbers at the back, that we need. We will get them over the next ten days and the players playing now will look completely different. 
    Excellent post but please can you take your considered, balanced views away from this thread! It seems people prefer to panic after every defeat.
  • MattF said:
    Schwartz was the top goalscorer in the Danish Superliga last season with 18 goals.

He only scored 2 !!!

• Riscardo said:
    MattF said:

He only scored 2 !!!

He scored six for Midtjylland and twelve for Silkeborg last season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Schwartz#Career_statistics
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:

I would say it’s comparable to league one.
    Top clubs in the DKK Supaliga compete in European competition, of course - and would be Championship standard, more or less.

A bit like the the Scottish Prem ..... a handful of bigger clubs with decent pedigree players, a few more who always promise more than they can achieve and a couple punching above their weight. 

• Riscardo said:
    MattF said:

He only scored 2 !!!

https://youtu.be/yvvSMKIzjzU
  • MattF said:

It is 
    Better hope we can get the deal over the line then
  • proven striker in league one needed?.
    Been saying this from day one. Schwarz might do ok (better than Bonne) but we still need a poacher to finish off half chances in the box.

Until we do we wont be getting out of this division. 
    Written him off before he's even in the country, great
    Where did I say that.....?  FWIW I reckon he'll do ok - better than Bonne certainly. But we still need a poacher type striker. 
  • We are lucky we are only three games in so plenty to play for but we need I’d say eight players in and the sooner the better obviously.