Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• We can still get 132 points! Obviously we won’t but we can only drop 40-45 points if we are to have any hope of going up automatically.

5 players = playoffs
    7-8 = promotion 

on the basis that we bring in quality and not Stephen Taylor!!!!
  • Richard J said:
    Schwartz. Could he play Wednesday? 

For once will that competition give us a chance to put minutes into players? 
    I'd question if he'll be allowed to play for 14-days if he's only just coming from Denmark

Naby Sarr is under the same restrictions @ Huddersfield after being out of the country
    He apparently had a medical. Is Denmark on the same restriction list as France ?
    It was as of 4am on Saturday morning I think
  • MattF said:
    Schwartz was the top goalscorer in the Danish Superliga last season with 18 goals.

Only thing I'm not sure of is how that league compares to League One. Assume it is a high standard.
    Comparable to League 1, lower Championship at best.
  • MattF said:
    There has been a disturbing lack of ITK postings on this thread recently to keep things ticking over
    Schwartz has returned to Denmark but the deal is not dead yet. There you go 
    Any idea why he returned or what the issue is? 

Surely if he flew here and did a medical then with the 14 day quarantine ruling, he'd only fly back if he'd changed his mind or there was another club interested?
  • MattF said:
    Schwartz was the top goalscorer in the Danish Superliga last season with 18 goals.

Only thing I'm not sure of is how that league compares to League One. Assume it is a high standard.
    The club he plays for were blown away by Rangers in the Europa league last season, 7-3 on aggregate.

However they've since walked the Danish league and are now 90 minutes away from qualifying for this years Champions league group stages, so are clearly a lot lot better than league one level.
  • MattF said:
    There has been a disturbing lack of ITK postings on this thread recently to keep things ticking over

Surely if he flew here and did a medical then with the 14 day quarantine ruling, he'd only fly back if he'd changed his mind or there was another club interested?

I got the idea from Bowyer's quote that he flew back when we lost the injunction appeal.
  • MattF said:

The last striker we signed form a Danish club was Igor Vetokele (FC Copenhagen).. He was pretty useful before his injury.
  • Chunes said:
    MattF said:

I got the idea from Bowyer's quote that he flew back when we lost the injunction appeal.
    I thought @flyingkiwiDK said he did his medical last week, which we now know was after TS had been approved by the EFL and things were going through?
  • edited September 2020
    MattF said:

The club he plays for were blown away by Rangers in the Europa league last season, 7-3 on aggregate.

However they've since walked the Danish league and are now 90 minutes away from qualifying for this years Champions league group stages, so are clearly a lot lot better than league one level.
    Worth pointing out that that aggregate result was in August 2019, five months before Schwartz joined the club in January 2020. A year on I reckon this season’s FCM would beat the current Rangers side.

Similar comparison, same leagues, same season: Copenhagen beat Celtic 4-2 on aggregate in the Europa League. Maybe the Danish league can be considered of a similar quality to the Scottish League with teams going on European runs at the top, smaller teams struggling at the bottom.

If there was a 31 year old striker in Scotland who had just come off an 18 goal season for St Mirren and Rangers combined, who would be complaining that we were in for him?
  • proven striker in league one needed?.
    Been saying this from day one. Schwarz might do ok (better than Bonne) but we still need a poacher to finish off half chances in the box.

Until we do we wont be getting out of this division. 
    How do you know Schwartz isn't that type of striker?

I'm going to assume you've never once seen him play.
    Golfie already knows everything he needs to know about everything. No need for any facts or evidence to cloud his judgement. 
  • Sponsored links:

• A couple of his goals in that compilation came against FC Copenhagen (0:55 to 1:10).

A team who got to the Europa League quarter final and were knocked out by Man U in extra time are no mugs.

I’d say he’s proved he can do it against a much better standard than League One.
    Fernando Torres scored 65 in 102 at Liverpool over 4 years.

Moved to a different team with the same quality of players, in the same country, in the same league against the same level of opposition.

Fernando Torres scored 20 in 110 for Chelsea over 4 years.

Schwartz may have done it against better opposition than in league one, doesn't mean he'll come in and do it for us though. On paper he's a better option than Bonne but won't pin my hopes and dreams on him.

Bonne (if he's here past the window)
    Washington
    Aneke
    Schwartz
    Prem kid loan

Unless there's a lower league gem or a champ squad player that wants and needs a drop down, that's probably how we'll look.

• Is today the day the takeover is done?

How many signings today?
  • Scoham said:
    Is today the day the takeover is done?

How many signings today?
    None.
  • MattF said:

He’d already been with us all week. I think he just needed to return to his family before the restrictions kicked in.
    Unless he was back in the UK at the weekend he won't be able to even train for with the team for 2 weeks.  I assume, if he has already had a medical, he doesn't have to physically be there to "sign". 
  • Are the offers that have been banded about for Bonne genuine or just his agent making them up?

If they're genuine I really do think we'll have to listen to them.
    To me they sound like agent talk and lazy journalists. 

Bloke scores a few goals for a "crisis" club.  I find it hard to believe anyone that's watched, or had him watched, seriously thinks he is a top half championship striker. 

He is 24, so there is room to improve.  He is probably "better" than Taylor was at 24.  But he has already gone for a bigger fee than Lyle ever did 😜
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    Gone to pack his bags? Readying himself for the Marriott in Bexley Heath? 😉
  • edited September 2020
    Marcus Maddison is available. We seriously need to take a look and try and get him in. Plenty of decent freebies out there as well
    Agree. Now we have TS as owner I would like see a more long term transfer strategy instead of the plug holes strategy we have had over the last few years. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Are the offers that have been banded about for Bonne genuine or just his agent making them up?

If they're genuine I really do think we'll have to listen to them.
    To me they sound like agent talk and lazy journalists. 

Bloke scores a few goals for a "crisis" club.  I find it hard to believe anyone that's watched, or had him watched, seriously thinks he is a top half championship striker. 

He is 24, so there is room to improve.  He is probably "better" than Taylor was at 24.  But he has already gone for a bigger fee than Lyle ever did 😜
     I just don't think his head's in the right place and his agent seems to have a big influence on him.
    He scored goals last year yes. But I don't think it was ever Bowyers intention to play him anywhere as much as he did. But the situation dictated that.

As you say he is only 24 and does have talent. Could do with a good season in league one.
    But I think his agent has other ideas.
    Been saying this from day one. Schwarz might do ok (better than Bonne) but we still need a poacher to finish off half chances in the box.

Agreed. Going by his 2019/20 goals video he looks exactly that type of striker - nothing spectacular but has a knack of getting the ball in net. Then again, I remember a very similar highlight video of Ajose doing the rounds just before he joined...
  • Marcus Maddison is available. We seriously need to take a look and try and get him in. Plenty of decent freebies out there as well
    Seem to remember he didn't want to sign for us in January because he didn't like the traffic in London.
    You would expect Peterborough to have him back, but from their chairman's interview he's been to much of a problem to them over the recent years.    
  • Problem with Maddison I fully expect him to have the attitude that as a Free Transfer he doesnt have to rush to sign anyone and holds all the cards

After all its not like he has to ensure he's signed up with someone before the end of the Transfer Window

In his head he's probably thinking that if he waits a little longer then clubs will start getting injuries so will become more desperate for his services
  • edited September 2020
    Scoham said:
    I’m not so concerned about Bonne scoring goals, he might not get 20+ but he should be scoring at least 10-15 at this level. I’m more concerned he’ll go through games offering nothing outside the box. With us being one of the bigger clubs in League 1 and expecting to be aiming for promotion he’s not going to get the space he did in the Championship. It’s even more important that his touch is good, he can hold up the ball, run with it, win headers etc. He’s struggling with all of that at the moment.

Whether he’s sold could come down to if Bowyer and Gallen can bring in two strikers. If not we’ll be making our squad weaker.
    Great point Sco. Teams are more likely to sit back against us in this league. We need a striker who's a bit clever and can make things happen on the edge of the box, or drop deep and cause problems by bringing other players in, like Kermorgant or Taylor did. Having Bonne just stand on the penalty spot means we just end up lumping it. There is no nous because he can't play that kind of football. 

Agreed. Going by his 2019/20 goals video he looks exactly that type of striker - nothing spectacular but has a knack of getting the ball in net. Then again, I remember a very similar highlight video of Ajose doing the rounds just before he joined...
    A natural goalscorer would have had 3 or 4 yesterday. Not digging out Washington or Bonne but the amount of chances yesterday when if they were prolific would have taken a straight shot instead of taking an extra touch in the box.