Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• AndyG said:
    I appreciate the fact that we need to add numbers to the defence along with a decent striker but also there is imo an urgent need for a creative midfielder, I just dont get the whole JW thing, he cant seem to last more that 30 mins of a game and even when he is on the pitch he imo runs around in circles falling over alot, he doesnt seem to create much other than free kicks awarded when he takes a tumble
    But starts for Wales ? 
  • AndyG said:
    I appreciate the fact that we need to add numbers to the defence along with a decent striker but also there is imo an urgent need for a creative midfielder, I just dont get the whole JW thing, he cant seem to last more that 30 mins of a game and even when he is on the pitch he imo runs around in circles falling over alot, he doesnt seem to create much other than free kicks awarded when he takes a tumble
    But starts for Wales ? Does that count for much ?
  • A couple  of thoughts: We desperately need a midfielder who can score goals. Maddison is that sort of player. I am still scratching my head thinking about all the chances Bowyer said our strikers missed yesterday. Washington early doors yes. Then we are talking about half chances at best. 
    Maddison is a lot better than oztumer. I would go for Maddison and look to off load oztumer
  • Did Taylor not sign for an Indian side a few weeks back? 
  • edited September 2020
    A couple  of thoughts: We desperately need a midfielder who can score goals. Maddison is that sort of player. I am still scratching my head thinking about all the chances Bowyer said our strikers missed yesterday. Washington early doors yes. Then we are talking about half chances at best. 
    Maddison is a lot better than oztumer. I would go for Maddison and look to off load oztumer
    Why do we want to bring players in then offload others? It is a squad that ultimately gets you promoted. If we bring a striker in, I would rather we keep Bonne too. 11 goals last season against far better defenders and a spell out due to injury. Is that just irrelevant?
  • dmjn said:
    Did Taylor not sign for an Indian side a few weeks back? 
    That’s what it says on Wikipedia.
  • Redrobo said:
    dmjn said:
    Did Taylor not sign for an Indian side a few weeks back? 
    That’s what it says on Wikipedia.
    @Redhenry mentioned his name earlier in this thread.

Have the Indian club been restricted because of Covid? 
  • Stewart said:
    No disrespect to Ruben but I’m afraid we need to be looking at better players than him in order to progress. As a punt yes. For the squad, well I hope not.
  • The trialist in action for the Addicks this afternoon is Ruben Carvalho, who had been with Aylesbury United.Scored today.
  • There are many players released from league clubs. Many even drop out of the league altogether. However, some when they are signed by another league club and go on to make successful careers. One example is a certain Jamie Vardy.....

Harry Arter didn't do bad either. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Well we've signed.........a new drinks deal  B)
    Confirmed 2 year deal, goes straight into the squad for Wednesday
    Hopefully youth team players will be able to get a bottle of water now!
  • Apparently they'll leave the fans thirsty for more
  • ESIv3 innit.
  • A couple  of thoughts: We desperately need a midfielder who can score goals. Maddison is that sort of player. I am still scratching my head thinking about all the chances Bowyer said our strikers missed yesterday. Washington early doors yes. Then we are talking about half chances at best. 
    Absolutely this
  • I wonder if it's possible our targets have now changed given we now presumably have a budget to work with.
    I also wonder if those players have Agents now demanding more money now we've been taken over
    Those agents will still know there's a wage cap in League One.

While Charlton may offer a bit over that to get the player they really want, there nevertheless has to be a degree of realism..... after all there's no shortage of available players, let alone clubs anxious to sell a player to make ends meet.

• Last season I wouldn’t have wanted Maddison. Not the sort of player for a backs to the wall relegation scrap, and also an attitude problem. However. I really think that his current situation has made him sit up and take notice of the fact that he isn’t billy big bollocks and he needs to knuckle down and work hard. That realisation, when placed in tandem with his undoubted talent and Bowyer’s leadership, could be a match made in heaven. He can’t be demanding the earth wage wise, based on the fact he has no job and must be starting to worry, so I’d definitely take a punt. Could be inspired. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    If it is him then no harm in getting minutes with the U23's Could he be registered to play against Brighton Wednesday? 

I would take him or Lynch as cover but not as first choice. 
    Generally speaking, we shouldn't really be signing players just "as cover". 

We need signings who are at least as good as the better players in our current 1st team - that creates a competitive squad, pushes those playing at the moment to raise their game and keep everybody on their toes, knowing that there's a good player ready to replace them.

• cafc-west said:
    One of the issues might be that now Thomas has signed, sealed, delivered...prices might go up...
    A lot of Lower league clubs in financial difficulties so I would say the opposite 
  • Champs85 said:
    Last season I wouldn’t have wanted Maddison. Not the sort of player for a backs to the wall relegation scrap, and also an attitude problem. However. I really think that his current situation has made him sit up and take notice of the fact that he isn’t billy big bollocks and he needs to knuckle down and work hard. That realisation, when placed in tandem with his undoubted talent and Bowyer’s leadership, could be a match made in heaven. He can’t be demanding the earth wage wise, based on the fact he has no job and must be starting to worry, so I’d definitely take a punt. Could be inspired. 
    Thought he didn’t want to come to London. Too much traffic or something like that? 
  • AndyG said:
    Williams always looks good with better players around him.

• Stewart said:
    No disrespect to Ruben but I’m afraid we need to be looking at better players than him in order to progress. As a punt yes. For the squad, well I hope not.
    I expect people said that about Lookman and Aribo.

• edited September 2020
    Well we've signed.........a new drinks deal  B)
    Danny Drinkwater?