Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• edited September 2020
    No idea who this kid is but surely we are now in a position to aim higher than a player who was at a team in Div One Central of the Southern League?!

Chris, I would tend to agree with you if it was for the 1st team, but my local team Whyteleafe; in the south section of the Isthmian League have just seen a 19 year old sign for Fulham for their U21 and a 17 year old play in a trial match for west ham u18 at the weekend.
    The 17 year old had started every match this season for the first team. 
    The worst loss is the assistant manager and coach Callum McFarland who was brilliant at spotting young talent and left on Saturday to take up a job at Man City U15's.
    That is quite a jump from step 4 and 8th tier of the football pyramid.

Joe Aribo and Josh Maja (ex Sunderland and now Bordeaux) both came under his and Harry Hudson(Whyteleafe manager) tutelage at Kinetic foundation. Josh Maja is a London boy and was born in Lewisham.

Joe Aribo as a youngster was known as
    "Mr Tickle" because of his long arms.
    He also played as a CB and learnt his ball skills by playing cage football.

Not a lot of people know that !

All fair points and i did say i've got no idea about him. He might be the non league Messi for all i know.

How old is Carvalho? Someone mentioned he's at Aylesbury but at their level do players even have proper contracts? Could he not have moved higher in non league? Can't find anything about him for them anyway, from what i saw it looked like he was at Enfield.
  • edited September 2020
    No idea who this kid is but surely we are now in a position to aim higher than a player who was at a team in Div One Central of the Southern League?!

Chris, I would tend to agree with you if it was for the 1st team, but my local team Whyteleafe; in the south section of the Isthmian League have just seen a 19 year old sign for Fulham for their U21 and a 17 year old play in a trial match for west ham u18 at the weekend.
    The worst loss is the assistant manager and coach Callum McFarland who was brilliant at spotting young talent and left on Saturday to take up a job at Man City U15's.

Joe Aribo and Josh Maja (ex Sunderland and now Bordeaux) both came under his and Harry Hudson(Whyteleafe manager) tutelage at Kinetic foundation. Josh Maja is a London boy and was born in Lewisham.

All fair points and i did say i've got no idea about him. He might be the non league Messi for all i know.

How old is Carvalho? Someone mentioned he's at Aylesbury but at their level do players even have proper contracts? Could he not have moved higher in non league? Can't find anything about him for them anyway, from what i saw it looked like he was at Enfield.
    http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/players/ruben-carvalho

Cant imagine this being the same lad but potentially 22-years of age

https://int.soccerway.com/players/ruben-monteiro-carvalho/414500/
  • MattF said:
    Not a rumour involving a Charlton signing... More a rumour that involves helping us in the market...

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/west-brom-in-talks-over-18m-deal-for-championship-man/

20% sell on (?) would result in us getting £3.6m from the Karlan Grant sale
    Shame that it sounds like it might be a loan deal which might not be much use in the short term. 

Happier though to think that sell on fees might now be going to someone more trustworthy than before 
    Damn, that'll teach me to read the article first
    Sounds like it might be a £5 million loan fee with a further £13 million payable if West Brom stay up. No idea if we'd see any of the loan fee (I doubt it)!
  • MattF said:
    MattF said:
    Not a rumour involving a Charlton signing... More a rumour that involves helping us in the market...

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/west-brom-in-talks-over-18m-deal-for-championship-man/

Shame that it sounds like it might be a loan deal which might not be much use in the short term. 

Happier though to think that sell on fees might now be going to someone more trustworthy than before 
    Sounds like it might be a £5 million loan fee with a further £13 million payable if West Brom stay up. No idea if we'd see any of the loan fee (I doubt it)!
    If we sold him for £2 Million it would be 20% of £3 Million.

Around £600k approx
  • It doesn't make any sense that prices would have gone up now that the takeover's complete. 'Yeah, while you're under a transfer embargo you can have this player for £500,000 on £1,500 a week, he'll come in once a new owner is installed and it's lifted. Transfer embargo's lifted you say? Oh, then it's £2m and he wants £4,000 a week, the person we knew was going to take you over has taken over and we've somehow only just realised he has money. I appreciate that takeovers can sometimes push prices up but not when there was no deal to be had until the takeover happened; any negotiation would have been on the basis of the takeover happening.
    Having said that, I'm a little confused that we haven't brought more people in. We are desperate for reinforcements and I'm surprised that we didn't have more ready to go straight away. I really thought we'd have four in by now. Let's just hope we get a deluge of them in over the next day or two as I really don't want another Roland-style season where every injury becomes a promotion threatening setback.
    Not to sound rude, but I suggest you read up on what football agents have done to the market over the past two decades. 

Some will have 100% tried to get more money since the takeover, and that could be one of a few reasons why we haven’t moved quicker to get deals over the line. 
    I don't need to read up on agents thanks, what I'm saying is that people who think the takeover has pushed prices up are saying that teams and agents will have negotiated deals based on 'this will go through once Sandgaard takes over because it literally can't happen otherwise' and then once he's taken over have pushed up prices because the only thing that could make a deal happen in the first place has happened. Nothing has actually changed, the deal will have been negotiated on the basis that Sandgaard is the owner. These aren't deals negotiated with one owner in mind who then switched to another.
    How do you know? The deals are more than likely freebies that have been financed via wages from former players. We've had a fair chunk of wage budget to spend on replacements, however, we couldn't due to an embargo. 

To say nothing has actually changed is a bit baffling. Over the weekend, we've gone from a club on the brink to a club with cash in the bank and a cash-rich extravert owner who has no prior football experience. Even Simon Jordan said today Sandaard must learn quickly as clubs and agents will look to take the piss as much as they can. 

To say nothing has changed and this shouldn't change agents asking prices sounds naive to me. 
    How do I know? How do I know that these deals, which could only be approved once Sandgaard took over, were negotiated on the basis that Sandgaard takes over? I don't, but it's a fair assumption given that literally no-one else could have approved these signings as Sandgaard was our only way out of the embargo. You're ignoring my point regarding nothing changing as well; it doesn't matter if we were a club on the brink or a club with £60 billion in the bank, we were under an embargo with the only realistic prospect for transfers happening being Sandgaard. Teams and signings won't have woken up the day after the takeover and been blindsided by the news that there's been a takeover, any negotiations would have been conducted with the knowledge that they were only going through if Sandgaard was the owner. This has to be true because otherwise we were not allowed to make signings. You said something about how deals might have been financed, but there are no deals without him as owner. Unless you think that teams and players negotiate with clubs who can't actually sign players for fun?
    But to be fair I've just looked back and seen that you wrote that agents have '100% tried to get more money', so clearly you do have some insider knowledge on this. What's your source?
  • Richard J said:
    MattF said:
    MattF said:

Around £600k approx
    You could buy an entire 1st team for that right now in League One.

• Richard J said:
    MattF said:
    MattF said:

Around £600k approx
    I'm not sure sell on clauses cover loan fees?

It would only be triggered by a permanent deal, and the chances of WBA staying up must be considered 50/50 realistically
  • Richard J said:
    MattF said:
    MattF said:

Around £600k approx

It would only be triggered by a permanent deal, and the chances of WBA staying up must be considered 50/50 realistically
    All West Brom then aren't we 
  • This is where Huddersfield are going to use a loophole to avoid paying us £3.6m isnt it and our sell on becomes part of the £5m loan fee!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    MattF said:
    MattF said:

Around £600k approx

Isn't there a permanent deal at the end if they stay up?

I can't see the Baggies agreeing to pay £18m on top of the £5M. 

Otherwise this loophole would be used all of the time. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sorry I have to disagree with most people. If Marcus Maddison is so bloody good why is he unemployed and couldn't get a game at the only championship team worse than us last season.

The guy has played 7 games in the championship in his whole career. He is 27.

Why hasn't a championship club, or a league 1 club that weren't a basket case in August, or an SPL team taken him? 
    Covid related rebudgeting 
    For 6 years?!?! 
  • Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    MattF said:
    MattF said:

Around £600k approx

Isn't there a permanent deal at the end if they stay up?

I can't see the Baggies agreeing to pay £18m on top of the £5M. 

Otherwise this loophole would be used all of the time. 
    The sell on fee would cover the full excess (18m - 2m), but only paid when the deal becomes permanent. That's my expectation
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sorry I have to disagree with most people. If Marcus Maddison is so bloody good why is he unemployed and couldn't get a game at the only championship team worse than us last season.

Why hasn't a championship club, or a league 1 club that weren't a basket case in August, or an SPL team taken him? 
    Look at his record in league one, that's why he would be good in league one
    His league 1 goals per game is considerably worse than Oztumer's.  At 6 years at Peterborough he didn't get promoted did he?

Like I said he can't be that good, can he? 
    You can not seriously compare Maddison with Oztumer? 
    Maddison is much better. Also didn't win promotion with Posh? That Is such a silly argurment.  I didnt know it came down to 1 player for promotion...? We got relegated with Josh Cullen was that his fault? They also never got promoted with Ivan Toney.

Again, anyone who is seriously turning their nose up to Maddison when you see our current sqaud and our last 2 performances I would love to know what alternatives you think are out there.

Oh, and just for the record I think he a bit of a prat as well but he is a bloody good footballer. (Hence why Peterbourgh offered him their highest ever wage deal)
    No I am not comparing them, what I am doing is highlighting how stats can prove, or other wise, almost anything.  Johnny Williams has never scored a league 1 goal, so must be worse than both of them? 

I am assuming anyone commenting on Marcus Maddison have seen him live what 4 to 6 times, max?  A few highlights on quest and a YouTube video?  Yet it's taken as gospel he is league 1s answer to Pele.

Are you saying every championship manager, for the last 6 years, and every league 1 manager with any money is wrong?  If he was that good, someone would have taken the risk with his attitude.

As I said the other day, like Ricky Holmes, there is a reason he is a league 1 player.  People that are paid, a lot of, money to see this seem to all agree.  Why do a people seem to think other wise? 

• Cafc43v3r said:

The same could have been said of Tsylor last year and he was 30 thenor 29. 
    When his contract at Wimbledon ended Charlton and Sunderland, probably the two biggest clubs in the divison, were fighting over him. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

For 6 years?!?! 
    He hasn’t been unemployed for 6 years 
  • No idea who this kid is but surely we are now in a position to aim higher than a player who was at a team in Div One Central of the Southern League?!

I did!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

For 6 years?!?! 
    Come on, it's not like Peterborough never sell players is it.  I won't keep repeating it but if he was that good someone would have got him by now, or sometime in the last 4-6 years. They haven't. 

Either everyone blowing smoke up his arse is wrong, or all the championship mangers in that time, and others, are.  

It's not like anyone signing him would be "unearthing a gem" it's hardly a secret who he is or what he has been doing. 
  • It doesn't make any sense that prices would have gone up now that the takeover's complete. 'Yeah, while you're under a transfer embargo you can have this player for £500,000 on £1,500 a week, he'll come in once a new owner is installed and it's lifted. Transfer embargo's lifted you say? Oh, then it's £2m and he wants £4,000 a week, the person we knew was going to take you over has taken over and we've somehow only just realised he has money. I appreciate that takeovers can sometimes push prices up but not when there was no deal to be had until the takeover happened; any negotiation would have been on the basis of the takeover happening.
    Having said that, I'm a little confused that we haven't brought more people in. We are desperate for reinforcements and I'm surprised that we didn't have more ready to go straight away. I really thought we'd have four in by now. Let's just hope we get a deluge of them in over the next day or two as I really don't want another Roland-style season where every injury becomes a promotion threatening setback.
    Not to sound rude, but I suggest you read up on what football agents have done to the market over the past two decades. 

Some will have 100% tried to get more money since the takeover, and that could be one of a few reasons why we haven’t moved quicker to get deals over the line. 
    I don't need to read up on agents thanks, what I'm saying is that people who think the takeover has pushed prices up are saying that teams and agents will have negotiated deals based on 'this will go through once Sandgaard takes over because it literally can't happen otherwise' and then once he's taken over have pushed up prices because the only thing that could make a deal happen in the first place has happened. Nothing has actually changed, the deal will have been negotiated on the basis that Sandgaard is the owner. These aren't deals negotiated with one owner in mind who then switched to another.
    How do you know? The deals are more than likely freebies that have been financed via wages from former players. We've had a fair chunk of wage budget to spend on replacements, however, we couldn't due to an embargo. 

To say nothing has actually changed is a bit baffling. Over the weekend, we've gone from a club on the brink to a club with cash in the bank and a cash-rich extravert owner who has no prior football experience. Even Simon Jordan said today Sandaard must learn quickly as clubs and agents will look to take the piss as much as they can. 

To say nothing has changed and this shouldn't change agents asking prices sounds naive to me. 
    How do I know? How do I know that these deals, which could only be approved once Sandgaard took over, were negotiated on the basis that Sandgaard takes over? I don't, but it's a fair assumption given that literally no-one else could have approved these signings as Sandgaard was our only way out of the embargo. You're ignoring my point regarding nothing changing as well; it doesn't matter if we were a club on the brink or a club with £60 billion in the bank, we were under an embargo with the only realistic prospect for transfers happening being Sandgaard. Teams and signings won't have woken up the day after the takeover and been blindsided by the news that there's been a takeover, any negotiations would have been conducted with the knowledge that they were only going through if Sandgaard was the owner. This has to be true because otherwise we were not allowed to make signings. You said something about how deals might have been financed, but there are no deals without him as owner. Unless you think that teams and players negotiate with clubs who can't actually sign players for fun?
    But to be fair I've just looked back and seen that you wrote that agents have '100% tried to get more money', so clearly you do have some insider knowledge on this. What's your source?
    It’s stating the obvious that pre-agreed deals were contingent on the removal of the embargo, I’m not questioning that - that's a simple formality that everyone is aware of. I’m questioning your complete dismissal of the idea agents will try to squeeze more money out of a deal, as we now have an approved owner who has significantly changed the financial strength of the club. I can't comment on what clubs would do because I can't see us bidding for players while struggling to pay staff. 

Deals may have already been agreed in principle three-weeks-ago (subject to the embargo being lifted), but that doesn't stop an agent going back and saying 'I want £x after 30 appearances' or '£x after 15 goals scored' or 'Sunderland have now offered us £x so better it or no deal'. Overnight, the landscape has completely changed, and I think some previously agreed deals will too. I'm not saying this is the case for every deal, but your suggestion that this isn't a possibility is baffling. 

If Paul Elliott owned us right now, the landscape would be different. TS now owns us, which means clubs and agents are going to be testing our resolve. If Red Bull owned us, agents would be trying even harder. 

Obviously, teams weren't negotiating for fun. Clubs, players and agents are struggling financially and our ownership situation was very fluid - things changed daily and there's no harm in agreeing prices in principle. 

I said 'some would 100% try'. Considering Bowyer wants around 8 new bodies in the building, I don't think it's unfeasible to suggest we'll be talking to 15+ players and their agents about a possible move. I'd be willing to bet my house some would be trying to negotiate a better deal for themselves now we've got money. 

I don't want to go back and forth about this all day as it will derail the thread, however, you're more than welcome to PM me if you want to discuss a bit further. 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

For 6 years?!?! 
    Come on, it's not like Peterborough never sell players is it.  I won't keep repeating it but if he was that good someone would have got him by now, or sometime in the last 4-6 years. They haven't. 

Either everyone blowing smoke up his arse is wrong, or all the championship mangers in that time, and others, are.  

It's not like anyone signing him would be "unearthing a gem" it's hardly a secret who he is or what he has been doing. 
    Taylor has scored goals in league 1 but had never played for a top championship club until we signed him.

Attitude and not talent has been maddisons problem. I saw Peterborough play afc wimbledon a few years ago. He had an argument with an afc player and they went head to head, very minimal contact and they were as guilty/innocent as each other. Maddison went down like there was a sniper in the stands! He is clearly the biggest a hole going but a very good league 1 player and that’s what we need
  • Sponsored links:

• Not entirely convinced we would see any of the initial £5mil loan fee. As it’s a loan, it’s not a sale and therefore not a sell on.

If West Brom avoid relegation they will effectively be buying him for £13mil. The amount we would end up getting would essentially be £2.3mil.

£13mil - £1.5mil = £11.5mil
    20% of profit = £2.3mil

That would mean we would get a total of £3.8mil whereas Huddersfield, after 18 months, would have got £14.2mil including a £5mil loan fee.

If he joins them on loan, and they go down, that could actually work in our favour, especially if he does well in the Premier League. Huddersfield could then sell him for more than £13mil and say get £20mil for him, plus the £5mil loan fee they would have received too.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

For 6 years?!?! 

Taylor has scored goals in league 1 but had never played for a top championship club until we signed him.

Attitude and not talent has been maddisons problem. I saw Peterborough play afc wimbledon a few years ago. He had an argument with an afc player and they went head to head, very minimal contact and they were as guilty/innocent as each other. Maddison went down like there was a sniper in the stands! He is clearly the biggest a hole going but a very good league 1 player and that’s what we need
    I am not disputing he is a "very good league 1 player" what I am saying is he isn't half as good as people are making out, based on, as far I can see, sod all evidence.  Someone posted some stats and we have all seen highlights. When we signed players based on stats and highlights everyone, rightfully, kicked off.

The question is.  If he is that good why is he available? 

• Maybe start a new thread lads
    Done
  • I hope with TS now in charge we're going for Bowyer and Gallens A List of wanted players rather than the D list we usually end up with 
  • Sounds like the takeover just took a little too long with the players we were after which means we've either lost out or we've just got to talk to them again 
    Don't understand why LB is saying we'll get the striker & matthews back in next week. What's the matter with this week ?
  • Sounds like the takeover just took a little too long with the players we were after which means we've either lost out or we've just got to talk to them again 
    Don't understand why LB is saying we'll get the striker & matthews back in next week. What's the matter with this week ?
    Where has he said next week?

I thought he meant this week regardless when he mentioned the Striker and Matthews - He certainly cant leave the Striker until beyond next Monday if it is Schwartz as that window closes then
    Where has he said next week?

I thought he meant this week regardless when he mentioned the Striker and Matthews - He certainly cant leave the Striker until beyond next Monday if it is Schwartz as that window closes then
    And he'll likely have to isolate for 2 weeks so could do with him being here sharpish