Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• edited October 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Can't see this has been posted already?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_p1EgnDU_0/?igshid=zlcjq78btn39

Sorba Thomas ...... Showcasing his skills and abilities.  Good touch and composed. Student of the Lyle Taylor school of penalty taking.
    You might need to mute the sh*t background music.  :smile:
    Decent on the ball, takes defenders on, 6ft, young, improving, another good signing I reckon. Didn’t even mind the background music. 

The next few matches are going to be very interesting. 👍
  • If Thomas is the 'bonus player' perhaps it is more that Bowyer doesn't expect to to be in and around the first team immediately but might do enough to justify it. A bit like Bonne last year.

• Having a time out watching levels 7/8/9 of Football Pyrimid, so not watching Cafc matches on Valley pass.

Where have Maddison played so far for Cafc ?

With an increase in left sided players(more if the Thomas deal goes through) Maddison may well play central midfield where his goal scoring will help or on the right to feed the strikers. 

Maddison has only played 15-20 minutes coming on as in sub on the right-side of midfield in the game against Sunderland before the international break. Put in a couple of useful crosses by coming inside on his left-foot and that was about it. Presumably at that time he wasn't fit enough to start a game. Whether or not he plays this Saturday will likely depend on how he has looked in training over the past couple of weeks.
  • TS is probably looking at the Bonne profit and demanding Bow and Gallen find more development projects.
  • Sorbet Thomas would be a great addition to the squad. His penalties prove that he has an ice cold head on his shoulders.
    He’s a bit flakey 
  • Sorba sounds like an interesting signing.

I'd quite like to see LB start with a 4-2-3-1 in at least a game with Oztumer, Williams and Maddison behind Aneke or Bogle. I personally think those 3 creating for a top hold striker who can finish would pay dividends. Holding behind with Pratley and Watson. all 3 of those creative players can cut in, and rotate, would cause havoc in L1
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorbet Thomas would be a great addition to the squad. His penalties prove that he has an ice cold head on his shoulders.
    He’s a bit flakey 
    I hear he has a penchant for small porcelain figurines. If we get him he’ll be known as Sorba The Geek.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Sorba sounds like an interesting signing.

I'd quite like to see LB start with a 4-2-3-1 in at least a game with Oztumer, Williams and Maddison behind Aneke or Bogle. I personally think those 3 creating for a top hold striker who can finish would pay dividends. Holding behind with Pratley and Watson. all 3 of those creative players can cut in, and rotate, would cause havoc in L1
    I know what you mean but I think Washington is planned to be a first team player. Hard to see how he would be ideal for this system.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Sorba sounds like an interesting signing.

I know what you mean but I think Washington is planned to be a first team player. Hard to see how he would be ideal for this system.
    He’d play in one of the wide positions, it’s not really that different to the 4-3-3 he’s played in. Just means we have a “10” in front of two holding midfielders rather than one defensive midfielder behind two CMs.
    He’s a bit flakey 
    Orange you glad we’re acting like a proper club again? 
  • Josh Sims has just gone to Doncaster. They also re-signed the young Wolves striker on loan. 

They’ve done some great business this season and look the real deal. 
    Mentioned Josh Sims on here only the other night. Quite gutted really as he’ll be excellent at this level. Doncaster will be top 6, I’m certain of that, some very good players they’ve signed on loan, including the young Arsenal striker we wanted too.
    At this level he might melt under the pressure though...
  • Sorba was linked with us back in September along with QPR So it would appear we have been after him for a while.
    He is mainly right footed, but is a superb crosser with his left foot. Being able to go both inside and outside will be good. Very encouraging if we do sign him.
  • Pudds said:
    Sorbet Thomas would be a great addition to the squad. His penalties prove that he has an ice cold head on his shoulders.
    At this level he might melt under the pressure though...

No need to be doubting Thomas.
  • Sponsored links:

• I imagine there will a lot of bargains around in January as clubs will have had longer to feel the effects of loss of income
    Is the rumour an amuse bouche? 
    No of us had really heard of him before today. Now he is a super signing.  Why ?

Because we can make jokes out of his name or hadn't you noticed ?

Plus he is a great prospect at a level just two below and has plenty of room for improvement at 21.
    No of us had really heard of him before today. Now he is a super signing.  Why ?

Because we can make jokes out of his name or hadn't you noticed ?

Plus he is a great prospect at a level just two below and has plenty of room for improvement at 21.
    It certainly makes a refreshing change for us to buy and not loan a young prospect. Hopefully he will have enough cut through to tantalise us all.
  • We have reached a point where it is probably best he goes quickly. Hopefully we will get a reasonable offer and put this to bed. 
    What if Dillon doesn't get an offer hes happy with and decides he wants to stay? How many would be happy for him to start again?
    I was thinking today I'm really confused how hes not gone yet. Can't believe a Championship club have not made a decent offer yet.
  • We have reached a point where it is probably best he goes quickly. Hopefully we will get a reasonable offer and put this to bed. 
    What if Dillon doesn't get an offer hes happy with and decides he wants to stay? How many would be happy for him to start again?
    I was thinking today I'm really confused how hes not gone yet. Can't believe a Championship club have not made a decent offer yet.
    Sign a contract, fight for the number 1 spot and put yourself in the shop window. Decent keepers are ten a penny these days. 

He’s a great keeper but it’s not as if he’s 17 and set the world on fire, nobody is going to break the bank for a keeper when they’ve already got two at the club. 

Hopefully Bournemouth offer north of £750,000 with a decent sell-on. That seems fair.