Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• I’m sure he’s a player with potential, but 5 goals in 75 at National League level is poor 
  • dickplumb said:
    I also quite like Albie but I agree with Bowyer, as a midfielder he needs to do his fair share of defensive work. I have watched him since he was a sixteen year old and he hasn't changed. Great range of passing, powerful shot and that is it. He should be learning from one of the best midfielders we have produced, Lee Bowyer.
    @dickplumb you watch a lot of academy football.  When did we, and seemingly everyone else, start producing players that a very specific skill set and if we are being honest being average at best at everything else?

All the players we seem to have produced recently (especially midfielders) seem have an outstanding asset, and massive weeknesses, I see this reflected in the England set up as well.  Is it talent identification that's changed or academy coaching? 
  • Redrobo said:
    So, who has a mate that supports Boreham Wood?
    Too many show off on here :(
  • Sponsored links:

• With so many Managers unimpressed by Albie does it mean they're right and that us fans are wrong to rate him so highly?
    Maybe it means they're listening to what Bowyer says about him and Bowyer probably isn't really selling his pros. He loves to focus on Albie's lack of tracking back. He needs to remember that Albie is clearly an attacking midfielder and will learn as he plays. Not everyone is a box to box midfielder. 
  • Not sure we need another non-scoring forward, but we will need to have faith in developing him into one.
  • I’m sure he’s a player with potential, but 5 goals in 75 at National League level is poor 
    TBF, I’ve seen him play a couple of times. He isn’t there to score goals. He is more of a creator then a goal scorer.
  • dickplumb said:
    I also quite like Albie but I agree with Bowyer, as a midfielder he needs to do his fair share of defensive work. I have watched him since he was a sixteen year old and he hasn't changed. Great range of passing, powerful shot and that is it. He should be learning from one of the best midfielders we have produced, Lee Bowyer.
    Great range of passing and a powerful shot? Sounds like a CAM to me.
  • edited October 2020
    I've always got the feeling Albie has an attitude problem. I may be wrong on that. It's just something I've picked up from Bowyer's answers on him and how curt he is on the Albie subject. Especially the "He's fine. No. He's fine," answer the other week. Now making a point of saying no league clubs coming for him. I have always thought he might be trying to put him in his place. 
  • SamE7 said:
    I've come to realise that when Cawley tweets the player's name, usually we're there or thereabouts. He doesn't scupper deals in that way, so I think we should expect this to happen.
    So true! I doubt Sky Sports beat him for details each time a deal is closing! He just keeps it very ITK until confirmation. 
  • Chunes said:
    I've always got the feeling Albie has an attitude problem. I may be wrong on that. It's just something I've picked up from Bowyer's answers on him and how curt he is on the Albie subject. Especially the "He's fine. No. He's fine," answer the other week. Now making a point of saying no league clubs coming for him. I have always thought he's might be trying to put him in his place. 
    Good point as that reaction (was it the Lincoln game?) was really odd with how straight forward he was
  • Chunes said:
    I've always got the feeling Albie has an attitude problem. I may be wrong on that. It's just something I've picked up from Bowyer's answers on him and how curt he is on the Albie subject. Especially the "He's fine. No. He's fine," answer the other week. Now making a point of saying no league clubs coming for him. I have always thought he's might be trying to put him in his place. 
    I wonder if we can find an interview with Albie. It's usually so easy to spot a pleasant or aggy attitude for lads his age!?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    dickplumb said:
    @dickplumb you watch a lot of academy football.  When did we, and seemingly everyone else, start producing players that a very specific skill set and if we are being honest being average at best at everything else?

All the players we seem to have produced recently (especially midfielders) seem have an outstanding asset, and massive weeknesses, I see this reflected in the England set up as well.  Is it talent identification that's changed or academy coaching? 
    Lee Bowyer has mentioned this about the U23 players before. They are good going forward but lacking defensively.
  • Sponsored links:

It's tell us he's not a goal scorer but what are his assist stats ?

Is he just a winger or does he track back and play midfield( mandatory in football now)

As FA said, this is more like the "midfielder"
    definitely not the striker.

• I wonder if this Thomas bid makes him the striker Bows was talking about or the midfielder. Hopefully the latter. 
  • Bonne had a pretty impressive goal scoring record at Orient but he still managed to split opinion playing for us as a striker, not too fussed about him only having 5 in 75
  • Chunes said:

I believe your wrong unless being laid back is an attitude problem ?

Jonny Williams scored the 5th goal of his entire career last night in his 210th game.

I'm sure this Thomas is a creator, not a goalscorer, plus he'd be one for the future and like Bonne will cost us relatively nothing.
    To be fair Jonny Williams has spent most of his career at a much higher level. 

A fairer comparison might be Jamal Lowe, who got 29 in 48 at the same level before he moved to Pompey. 

Like you say, hopefully he’s a creator.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    dickplumb said:

I reckon it's something to do with well rounded players who are decent at everything but not outstanding in any field not standing out enough. They tend to be viewed as "boring" by many (Henderson, Milner immediately spring to mind)