Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Oh I don't know that's the only time 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gotts at Leeds is going to Lincoln.....according to Nixon.
    As at 5pm today he didn't know where he was going.  Even if he has since signed for Lincoln Nixon was, then, making it up. 

Source Gotts. 
    Also doesn’t matter what proposal anyone makes for Leeds, because it’s Bielsa who decides exactly where a player is going out on loan, all the way down into their under age groups.
    Yes I know, I posted that about 3 days ago.... :wink:
    Oh all makes sense now... I spoke to my Dad earlier today who is a Leeds fan, he said the same thing and I said I saw that somewhere recently too but couldn’t work it out. And it was you! Thanks :smiley:
  • mart77 said:
    Belv said:
    At risk of being added to “the list” I’ve been told that Oztumer could be joining another L1 club tomorrow. 

If true, I wonder if we’ll be looking to bring someone else in in that position.
    If he goes I’ll be interested to see how he gets on. Do you know if he’s going on loan and to who?
    I’m not sure if I like that - Oztumer is proven in more than one season scoring 10-15 goals for a very poor league one side at this level.

playing in a front three he will score goals 
    Oztumer is not a front 3 player though.

He's more effective as a '10' or central attacking midfielder ........ Walsall gave him a fairly free role as CAM, and he repaid it with all those goals.

• Everton have just released Shani Tarashaj. Strange one that. Was thought to be a real prospect four years ago and then seems to have played progressively fewer games since then, culminating in not playing a single game on loan at an Eredivisie club who cut it short. I wonder if we would have a look at him, no idea if he's completely gone to pieces or just needs a fresh start. Striker/winger
    If was still championship possibly yes. But A lot of people seem to keep forgetting about this cap or are being completely unrealistic. The guy would fit with Charlton as he has basically been injured almost 90% of his time out on loan which is why he was sent back one year yes one year early. He also was on 17,500 a week so don’t think he would sign for 2k a week somehow to a league one club. We need to focus on a striker in league 2 on bottom end of league one who may sell to us and be able to not have issues with salary cap. Or a loan for an unproven but talented prem 2 striker would be a much more realistic option. 
    Just depends on the player really and what they want to achieve. We're definitely not paying Williams what he was on at Palace (£20,000 pw), or Amos what he was on at Bolton (£16,000 pw). Even Pratley was on £14,000 pw at Bolton. Sure they signed before the cap, but Chris Gunter was on £20,000 pw at Reading and you can bet he's not on that now. If a player wants to make a fresh start and prove himself then he'll take a decent pay cut if that's what he wants to do. The fact he's cancelled his contract with Everton implies he wants to play somewhere. I don't know if he's fit to play or if we'd be interested in him, or if he just wants to sit on a pile of money like a dragon, but just ruling players out because they earned more money off their last contract isn't wise. The only way we're getting anywhere with this cap is uncovering players at a lower level on lower wages than what we can offer, or finding players who played at a higher level and have foundered or reached an age where they need to take a cut to keep playing. Rule no-one out
    Said this the other day, come the close of the window there could be a lot of players out of contract that we couldn't afford to pay their demands but all of a sudden 100k a year might be preferable to fuck all. Problem is do we scrape the barrel just to get numbers in or wait & hope to pick some up who's out of contract.
    Bowyer will wait to get the best he can. The only time he has settled for “scraping the barrel” was signing Josh Parker and evening he wasn’t as bad as some would have you believe. 
    Not suggesting LB & SG would settle for scraping the barrel just that the better players are probably holding out for better money than we can pay them & if they have to settle for that when the window closes then they haven't lost anything.

What was Josh Parker like in the morning ?
  • edited October 2020
    shine166 said:
    Everton have just released Shani Tarashaj. Strange one that. Was thought to be a real prospect four years ago and then seems to have played progressively fewer games since then, culminating in not playing a single game on loan at an Eredivisie club who cut it short. I wonder if we would have a look at him, no idea if he's completely gone to pieces or just needs a fresh start. Striker/winger
    If was still championship possibly yes. But A lot of people seem to keep forgetting about this cap or are being completely unrealistic. The guy would fit with Charlton as he has basically been injured almost 90% of his time out on loan which is why he was sent back one year yes one year early. He also was on 17,500 a week so don’t think he would sign for 2k a week somehow to a league one club. We need to focus on a striker in league 2 on bottom end of league one who may sell to us and be able to not have issues with salary cap. Or a loan for an unproven but talented prem 2 striker would be a much more realistic option. 
    Just depends on the player really and what they want to achieve. We're definitely not paying Williams what he was on at Palace (£20,000 pw), or Amos what he was on at Bolton (£16,000 pw). Even Pratley was on £14,000 pw at Bolton. Sure they signed before the cap, but Chris Gunter was on £20,000 pw at Reading and you can bet he's not on that now. If a player wants to make a fresh start and prove himself then he'll take a decent pay cut if that's what he wants to do. The fact he's cancelled his contract with Everton implies he wants to play somewhere. I don't know if he's fit to play or if we'd be interested in him, or if he just wants to sit on a pile of money like a dragon, but just ruling players out because they earned more money off their last contract isn't wise. The only way we're getting anywhere with this cap is uncovering players at a lower level on lower wages than what we can offer, or finding players who played at a higher level and have foundered or reached an age where they need to take a cut to keep playing. Rule no-one out
    Said this the other day, come the close of the window there could be a lot of players out of contract that we couldn't afford to pay their demands but all of a sudden 100k a year might be preferable to fuck all. Problem is do we scrape the barrel just to get numbers in or wait & hope to pick some up who's out of contract.
    If needs must, then you let Dills walk after the window shuts and use his wages. Technically its a swap deal anyway. 
    @sage I was replying to this.

I've not heard anything, I'm not, as you know, ITK
    INHA. IN,AYK,ITK.

There you go, @Henry Irving, that will save you a lot of typing in future.

•  Plymouth is my guess and that’s what it is, a guess. I have a 1 in 23 chance of being correct
    Why not have twenty-two more guesses?  Then you can quote one of them and can claim to have been ITK.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I wonder if it’s feasible to get Charlie Kirk from Crewe? Really good player and they must be one of the clubs in real need of a financial boost 
    He'd insist of being Captain though
    A bit of a klingon I heard, shows a bit of enterprise though. Makes some deep space for the 9, mind. Could he be one for the voyager back to the championship? I am 7 of 9 and half a dozen of the other...... 
    Gallen to Sandgaard: "Make it so".
  • edited October 2020
    Everton have just released Shani Tarashaj. Strange one that. Was thought to be a real prospect four years ago and then seems to have played progressively fewer games since then, culminating in not playing a single game on loan at an Eredivisie club who cut it short. I wonder if we would have a look at him, no idea if he's completely gone to pieces or just needs a fresh start. Striker/winger
    Bowyer will wait to get the best he can. The only time he has settled for “scraping the barrel” was signing Josh Parker and evening he wasn’t as bad as some would have you believe. 
    Aiden McGeady, David Davis and Matt Smith was definitely scraping the barrel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Robbie Gotts to join Lincoln
  • edited October 2020
    SamE7 said:
    Robbie Gotts to join Lincoln
    Not surprised they offered 100% wages, a flat and guaranteed 1st team football.  As far as I know we offered none of those.

He want to go to Huddersfield but they didn't put a firm offer in. 
  • Scoham said:
    Aiden McGeady, David Davis and Matt Smith was definitely scraping the barrel.
    Being under an embargo changes everything there.
    Of course, I wasn’t blaming Bowyer. He wasn’t to blame for signing Parker either. Both times it was ultimately due to the owners.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    SamE7 said:
    Not surprised they offered 100% wages, a flat and guaranteed 1st team football.  As far as I know we offered none of those.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Gotts

Gotts was primarily a right-back but was converted by Marcelo Bielsa to play as a central midfielder. Bielsa described that he had never seen a player as "dynamic" as Gotts in his career, saying that "he’s a number eight, a midfielder. He is not offensive and not defensive. He's a number eight."[6]

Something that puzzles me, is when did players started being referred to as their number, other than number 9s? Since when did a number 8 become a position on the pitch?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    SamE7 said:

Gotts was primarily a right-back but was converted by Marcelo Bielsa to play as a central midfielder. Bielsa described that he had never seen a player as "dynamic" as Gotts in his career, saying that "he’s a number eight, a midfielder. He is not offensive and not defensive. He's a number eight."[6]

Something that puzzles me, is when did players started being referred to as their number, other than number 9s? Since when did a number 8 become a position on the pitch?
    False 9!? WTF
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    SamE7 said:

Pep and the school of barca I think. He moved Xavi from a 6, to a 6 and a half.  Which is half way between a 6 and an 8 but can't be a 7 because that's something completely different.

A 6 sits in front of the defence normally doesn't go forward. 

A 6 and a half goes forward a bit more but generally plays from deep, about 10 yards more forward than a 6.

An 8 is what used to be called a central midfielder.  More box to box. 

A 10 plays between the lines of midfielder and the forwards.  If there are no central forwards a 10 becomes a false 9.

Clear as mud? 

Bowyer's best teams have 1 of each in. Although the position on the pitch is quite consistent the individual players can vary in style a lot. 

• Sponsored links:

• A striker, a midfielder & a bonus then, come on then Mr Gallen! Two more days and then I'd give the man as much time off as he needs!
  • That to me suggests that he sees Pratley playing a lot at the back this season
  • No.8 was inside right in the old days.
  • Bows shouldn't contradict TS with his views on Dillon not going, for me. He does need to be a bit cuter with the media at times, I hope that working under TS, he'll improve in this area.
  • A number 10 plays in the hole behind the main striker: known by football coaches as the Kenneth Williams.
  • mendonca said:
    Bows shouldn't contradict TS with his views on Dillon not going, for me. He does need to be a bit cuter with the media at times, I hope that working under TS, he'll improve in this area.
    Did TS say he thought DP was going?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    SamE7 said:

Pep and the school of barca I think. He moved Xavi from a 6, to a 6 and a half.  Which is half way between a 6 and an 8 but can't be a 7 because that's something completely different.

A 6 sits in front of the defence normally doesn't go forward. 

A 6 and a half goes forward a bit more but generally plays from deep, about 10 yards more forward than a 6.

An 8 is what used to be called a central midfielder.  More box to box. 

A 10 plays between the lines of midfielder and the forwards.  If there are no central forwards a 10 becomes a false 9.

Clear as mud? 

Bowyer's best teams have 1 of each in. Although the position on the pitch is quite consistent the individual players can vary in style a lot. 

I suppose in the old days of 442 you'd have 2 central midfielders, one wearing 4 - the more defensive one - and one wearing 8 - the box to box one, but Bryan Robson is the classic box to box midfielder, and he wore number 7!