Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• MattF said:
    Does that mean we get our sell-on fee piece-meal. I wouldn't be having that. 
    I would think that is probably correct. Can’t see the issue myself as long as we get it. Don’t forget when you normally see a fee quoted as say 20m it is never paid upfront and the terms can be whatever the Clubs agree on. 
  • edited October 2020
    MattF said:
    I would think that is probably correct. Can’t see the issue myself as long as we get it. Don’t forget when you normally see a fee quoted as say 20m it is never paid upfront and the terms can be whatever the Clubs agree on. 
    If paid like that, it means we’d receive on average around £500,000 every season. Not a lot but it’s something. The first payment will be more, with smaller payments to follow, so it could be more £800,000 now, with about £400,000-450,000 for the following 5 seasons.
  • Sage said:
    MattF said:
    If paid like that, it means we’d receive on average around £500,000 every season. Not a lot but it’s something. The first payment will be more, with smaller payments to follow, so it could be more £800,000 now, with about £400,000-450,000 for the following 5 seasons.
    That's the cost of Lee Bowyer's salary taken care of for the next few seasons? :smile:

• If we cancel Philips contract he needs to agree that.

And it has to be done before the window closes otherwise he can't play for another club until January.
  • If we cancel Philips contract he needs to agree that.

And it has to be done before the window closes otherwise he can't play for another club until January.
    Why would we cancel his contract? Have you heard that could be the case? Surely we’d even want some form of fee in January, albeit knowing it’ll be a risk we end up paying a year’s salary for him to walk away next summer, that I do understand. 
  • shine166 said:
    Everton have just released Shani Tarashaj. Strange one that. Was thought to be a real prospect four years ago and then seems to have played progressively fewer games since then, culminating in not playing a single game on loan at an Eredivisie club who cut it short. I wonder if we would have a look at him, no idea if he's completely gone to pieces or just needs a fresh start. Striker/winger
    If was still championship possibly yes. But A lot of people seem to keep forgetting about this cap or are being completely unrealistic. The guy would fit with Charlton as he has basically been injured almost 90% of his time out on loan which is why he was sent back one year yes one year early. He also was on 17,500 a week so don’t think he would sign for 2k a week somehow to a league one club. We need to focus on a striker in league 2 on bottom end of league one who may sell to us and be able to not have issues with salary cap. Or a loan for an unproven but talented prem 2 striker would be a much more realistic option. 
    Just depends on the player really and what they want to achieve. We're definitely not paying Williams what he was on at Palace (£20,000 pw), or Amos what he was on at Bolton (£16,000 pw). Even Pratley was on £14,000 pw at Bolton. Sure they signed before the cap, but Chris Gunter was on £20,000 pw at Reading and you can bet he's not on that now. If a player wants to make a fresh start and prove himself then he'll take a decent pay cut if that's what he wants to do. The fact he's cancelled his contract with Everton implies he wants to play somewhere. I don't know if he's fit to play or if we'd be interested in him, or if he just wants to sit on a pile of money like a dragon, but just ruling players out because they earned more money off their last contract isn't wise. The only way we're getting anywhere with this cap is uncovering players at a lower level on lower wages than what we can offer, or finding players who played at a higher level and have foundered or reached an age where they need to take a cut to keep playing. Rule no-one out
    Said this the other day, come the close of the window there could be a lot of players out of contract that we couldn't afford to pay their demands but all of a sudden 100k a year might be preferable to fuck all. Problem is do we scrape the barrel just to get numbers in or wait & hope to pick some up who's out of contract.
    If needs must, then you let Dills walk after the window shuts and use his wages. Technically its a swap deal anyway. 
    @sage I was replying to this.

I've not heard anything, I'm not, as you know, ITK
  • edited October 2020
    shine166 said:
    Everton have just released Shani Tarashaj. Strange one that. Was thought to be a real prospect four years ago and then seems to have played progressively fewer games since then, culminating in not playing a single game on loan at an Eredivisie club who cut it short. I wonder if we would have a look at him, no idea if he's completely gone to pieces or just needs a fresh start. Striker/winger
    If was still championship possibly yes. But A lot of people seem to keep forgetting about this cap or are being completely unrealistic. The guy would fit with Charlton as he has basically been injured almost 90% of his time out on loan which is why he was sent back one year yes one year early. He also was on 17,500 a week so don’t think he would sign for 2k a week somehow to a league one club. We need to focus on a striker in league 2 on bottom end of league one who may sell to us and be able to not have issues with salary cap. Or a loan for an unproven but talented prem 2 striker would be a much more realistic option. 
    Just depends on the player really and what they want to achieve. We're definitely not paying Williams what he was on at Palace (£20,000 pw), or Amos what he was on at Bolton (£16,000 pw). Even Pratley was on £14,000 pw at Bolton. Sure they signed before the cap, but Chris Gunter was on £20,000 pw at Reading and you can bet he's not on that now. If a player wants to make a fresh start and prove himself then he'll take a decent pay cut if that's what he wants to do. The fact he's cancelled his contract with Everton implies he wants to play somewhere. I don't know if he's fit to play or if we'd be interested in him, or if he just wants to sit on a pile of money like a dragon, but just ruling players out because they earned more money off their last contract isn't wise. The only way we're getting anywhere with this cap is uncovering players at a lower level on lower wages than what we can offer, or finding players who played at a higher level and have foundered or reached an age where they need to take a cut to keep playing. Rule no-one out
    Said this the other day, come the close of the window there could be a lot of players out of contract that we couldn't afford to pay their demands but all of a sudden 100k a year might be preferable to fuck all. Problem is do we scrape the barrel just to get numbers in or wait & hope to pick some up who's out of contract.
    If needs must, then you let Dills walk after the window shuts and use his wages. Technically its a swap deal anyway. 
    @sage I was replying to this.

I've not heard anything, I'm not, as you know, ITK
    Gotcha, missed that comment so didn’t register. And just curious in case you may have been told it could’ve been a possibility as I hadn’t seen it mentioned before.

Personally, I still expect him to leave before the deadline. He’d be wasting a good chunk of time not playing and players can get quickly forgotten when they’re not in the picture at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• So if the £15M figure is to be believed that's £2.6M spread over 6 years in some unknown weighting
  • The Yorkshire Post are reporting that the Grant deal is no longer a loan and purchase, so we should ultimately receive £2.6 million from Huddersfield. A welcome boost to the budget
  • MattF said:
    So if the £15M figure is to be believed that's £2.6M spread over 6 years in some unknown weighting
    Not sure how that would work.
    Surely it’s up front for us.
  • MattF said:
    So if the £15M figure is to be believed that's £2.6M spread over 6 years in some unknown weighting
  • edited October 2020
    CafcSCP said:
    MattF said:
    I'd be very surprised if that was the case, surely we'd get 20% every time an installment is paid, and if he is sold on before the 6 years is up, the rest in one lump sum
  • MattF said:
    CafcSCP said:
    MattF said:
    I'd be very surprised if that was the case, surely we'd get 20% every time an installment is paid, and if he is sold on before the 6 years is up, the rest in one lump sum
    I agree - you’d expect our 20% to be ‘back to back’ with the payments to Huddersfield. I would, however, be very surprised if the WBA instalments were scheduled to be paid over more than three years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The third possible signing Gallen talks about, I'm guessing that's a keeper?
  • Belv said:
    At risk of being added to “the list” I’ve been told that Oztumer could be joining another L1 club tomorrow. 

If true, I wonder if we’ll be looking to bring someone else in in that position.
    If he goes I’ll be interested to see how he gets on. Do you know if he’s going on loan and to who?
  • edited October 2020
    mart77 said:
    Belv said:
    At risk of being added to “the list” I’ve been told that Oztumer could be joining another L1 club tomorrow. 

If true, I wonder if we’ll be looking to bring someone else in in that position.
    If he goes I’ll be interested to see how he gets on. Do you know if he’s going on loan and to who?
     I’ve been told a club, don’t know whether loan or perm but if I was to guess it will be perm in order to free up a space in the squad.
  • mart77 said:
    Belv said:

I’m not sure if I like that - Oztumer is proven in more than one season scoring 10-15 goals for a very poor league one side at this level.

playing in a front three he will score goals