Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• BalladMan said:
    MattF said:
    Chunes said:
    Not ITK but Martin Sandgaard told me that we have creative ways of getting around the wage cap and the deal for Ronnie Schwartz isn’t dead it’s just become more difficult than first imagined. 

He also mentioned the deal for Bonne was £2m with a 20% sell on clause. 
    Did the EFL not say that any 'creative' methods to circumvent the wage cap would be severely punished?
    Any intentional rule breaking I think they said, probably in the same way that Derby and Sheffield Wednesday broke the rules and were severely punished
    SEVERELY PUNISHED. ARE YOU KIDDING. WIGAN WERE SEVERELY PUNISHED.  DERBY ARE NOT YET PUNISHED?
    I think the post was very tongue in cheek......
    This 👆
  • MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Chunes said:
    Not ITK but Martin Sandgaard told me that we have creative ways of getting around the wage cap and the deal for Ronnie Schwartz isn’t dead it’s just become more difficult than first imagined. 

Did the EFL not say that any 'creative' methods to circumvent the wage cap would be severely punished?
    Any intentional rule breaking I think they said, probably in the same way that Derby and Sheffield Wednesday broke the rules and were severely punished
    Might be a difference between "intentional rule breaking" and "creative ways of getting around the wage cap", perhaps?

A bit like the difference between tax evasion and tax avoidance?

I'd taken intentional rule breaking as saying fuck it and just signing players up on big wages and daring the EFL to do something about it. Depends how the EFL plan to police it and if they have the capacity to do it themselves 
    Would we really want this though ? The rules were voted in by the clubs not made up arbitrarily by the EFL. That’s not to say they are not perhaps misguided, unfair or even subject to legal challenges but to just ride roughshod over them and effectively say to the EFL - I dare you, wouldn’t sit well with me and I suspect a lot of fans. There are ways of going about the cap but I hope we do it at least in a moral way. 
  • MattF said:
    Oggy Red said:
    MattF said:
    Chunes said:

Might be a difference between "intentional rule breaking" and "creative ways of getting around the wage cap", perhaps?

A bit like the difference between tax evasion and tax avoidance?

I'd taken intentional rule breaking as saying fuck it and just signing players up on big wages and daring the EFL to do something about it. Depends how the EFL plan to police it and if they have the capacity to do it themselves 
    Would we really want this though ? The rules were voted in by the clubs not made up arbitrarily by the EFL. That’s not to say they are not perhaps misguided, unfair or even subject to legal challenges but to just ride roughshod over them and effectively say to the EFL - I dare you, wouldn’t sit well with me and I suspect a lot of fans. There are ways of going about the cap but I hope we do it at least in a moral way. 
    I wouldn't want us doing this either, just giving my interpretation of what the league mean by intentional rule breaking. No idea what the creative options are, but I hope we wouldn't take them unless we were sure they wouldn't have repercussions
  • Not ITK but Martin Sandgaard told me that we have creative ways of getting around the wage cap and the deal for Ronnie Schwartz isn’t dead it’s just become more difficult than first imagined. 

Mate, claiming to have been told something by the club’s owner and CEO is the dictionary definition of being ‘ITK’. #onthelist. 
  • @MartinCAFC welcome to CAFC. What’s it like being related to Thomas?
    Interesting the Sandgaard’s have been looking at us since April 2012 ;-)
  • @MartinCAFC welcome to CAFC. What’s it like being related to Thomas?
    If the Schwarz deal goes ahead @Dazzler21 can add me to his ITK list. If he doesn't sign then nothing to see here ;)
  • Not ITK but Martin Sandgaard told me that we have creative ways of getting around the wage cap and the deal for Ronnie Schwartz isn’t dead it’s just become more difficult than first imagined. 

Mate, claiming to have been told something by the club’s owner and CEO is the dictionary definition of being ‘ITK’. #onthelist. 
    Not to be pedantic, but it’s the owner and CEO’s son. I will happily wear that ITK crown of thorns then, although I haven’t be told anything groundbreaking.
  • Sponsored links:

• No rumours/snippets after today’s game 
  • How far away from fitness is Pearce ?
  • What an incredible player Mendonca was , never really got the credit from the sporting press that he richly deserved  .
    He did at Charlton and in Grimsby.  Is he the only player to be voted a legend in two clubs?
    Chris Powell.
  • Oggy Red said:

Not in the know but Martin????? Sandgaard told me.....I’m fairly certain that this comment counts as being in the know and you will now be added to dazzlers list
    By not ITK I mean I’m not someone close to the club nor do I have any sources feeding me info. 

I’ve been able to directly chat with Martin quite a bit over the past few days and he’s absolutely smitten with Charlton. He’s a lot more involved than I thought he would be, and he seems very invested in the project. 

He’s also a really nice bloke, so Thomas clearly raised his kids well. 

What's Martin's username on Charlton Life?

Not on Charlton Life? Not pwopa Charlton then. :smile:

Sillav Nitram
  • Johnnie Jackson was behind me in the queue at Charlton M&S this evening. Kicking myself I didn’t ask him for any ITK snippets 😖
    Never mind transfers, what was in his basket?
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    A striker deal is done but the right back not yet finalised

dont know names
    I heard it was either Barry Endean or David Mooney, but it might not have been an OK sauce.

#afraidofdazzlerslist

• Johnnie Jackson was behind me in the queue at Charlton M&S this evening. Kicking myself I didn’t ask him for any ITK snippets 😖
    Never mind transfers, what was in his basket?
    I can't remember all of it but he definitely had some garlic bread. Clue to an Italian signing incoming?
  • buckshee said:
    Right back is Elliott Omazusi 
    Striker is Mike Small.
    Gladstone Small more like... 
  • Luciano Massielo?
  • buckshee said:
    Right back is Elliott Omazusi 
    Striker is Mike Small.
    Gladstone Small more like... 
    Dietmar Bruck perhaps. 
  • Swisdom said:
    A striker deal is done but the right back not yet finalised

dont know names
    Any idea when it will be announced?
  • I’ve got a funny feeling the striker is Sam Baldock, left out of Reading squad today.
  • Dick Plumb.