Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• We have tomorrow's game, then by the next time we play both the international and domestic transfer windows will be closed and we'll have our final squad. It's frustrating but in the long run it's much better to wait (if they think there will be better options coming up) than rush people in for this one match. 
    Taking this into account, and the latest news on Schwartz, might have been
    a better bet to keep Bonne until we actually had a replacement.
    Now we find ourselves a bit light with Davison, or a possible Chuks (if fit)
    for Saturday :/
  • Does anyone else feel that when we sign a player it seems to go on and on before they sign, Yet when we sell bish bosh its done.  
    In some cases yes but Famewo signed without a hint of anyone knowing, the Watson deal was done fairly quickly once the embargo was lifted and Maddison came down for talks yesterday and signed same day.
  • Bonne to QPR has been going on for weeks by his own admission, there's been reports of multiple rejected bids for him as well
  • I wonder if Bows and Gallen are looking at Liam Miller of Liverpool for a loan - highly rated - and good experience at Kilmarnock last season . Could be a very good League 1 loan. 
    Wiki says he's a forward but only scored 2 goals in 36 games for Kilmarnock. Doesn't sound like the goalscorer we need.
  • We have tomorrow's game, then by the next time we play both the international and domestic transfer windows will be closed and we'll have our final squad. It's frustrating but in the long run it's much better to wait (if they think there will be better options coming up) than rush people in for this one match. 
    Taking this into account, and the latest news on Schwartz, might have been
    a better bet to keep Bonne until we actually had a replacement.
    Now we find ourselves a bit light with Davison, or a possible Chuks (if fit)
    for Saturday :/
    Definitely take your point. Maybe they felt they couldn't risk the transfer falling through if he played and got injured. Maybe Bowyer felt he wasn't going to start Bonne anyway? Either way, big match for Washington and/or Chuks tomorrow.
  • I wonder if Bows and Gallen are looking at Liam Miller of Liverpool for a loan - highly rated - and good experience at Kilmarnock last season . Could be a very good League 1 loan. 
    Wiki says he's a forward but only scored 2 goals in 36 games for Kilmarnock. Doesn't sound like the goalscorer we need.
    Washington wasn't prolific in Scots prem at Hearts but in League 1 looks good -   Liverpool must rate him to give him decent length contract. 
    I wonder if Bows and Gallen are looking at Liam Miller of Liverpool for a loan - highly rated - and good experience at Kilmarnock last season . Could be a very good League 1 loan. 
    Washington wasn't prolific in Scots prem at Hearts but in League 1 looks good -   Liverpool must rate him to give him decent length contract. 
    This'll be the risk of taking on a youth striker from a club higher up than us... Its highly likely they'll be a bit like Nketiah or Brewster before going on loan last season where they dont have much of a record scoring in senior football and it has to be a bit of a gamble - Similar to when we took Waghorn on loan all those years ago
    Well you're right he certainly seems to be highly rated.

"The 21-year-old looks set to be allowed to leave the club on loan for the season, however, the destination is as yet unknown. Championship sides Stoke City, Millwall, QPR, Blackburn Rovers, Wycombe Wanderers, and Rotherham United are all reportedly interested in the forward.

The interest doesn’t end there though with Dundee United, Rayo Vallecano, and FC Zwolle all hoping to land the Canadian international too."

• Sponsored links:

• Re Schwartz. I’ve been told it’s all about the scheduling of payments. Initially I heard that his Danish club wanted to loan him for a fee but then accepted a bid. Player agreed terms but then the nitty gritty of the deal has broken down. I’m fairly confident that’s correct. 
    If a bid was accepted and terms with the player agreed, is it possible they can go back and sort out the payment terms? Guess it depends how much Bowyer really wants him.
  • Re Schwartz. I’ve been told it’s all about the scheduling of payments. Initially I heard that his Danish club wanted to loan him for a fee but then accepted a bid. Player agreed terms but then the nitty gritty of the deal has broken down. I’m fairly confident that’s correct. 
    If a bid was accepted and terms with the player agreed, is it possible they can go back and sort out the payment terms? Guess it depends how much Bowyer really wants him.
    Yes. It does 
  • _MrDick said:
    Ben Johnson from West Ham on loan at RB looks likely now.

He’s very quick but has failed a drugs test in the past. Getting a bit now but could do a job 
    Where does this leave Gunter? 

I presume that is a no deal now despite Bowyer's public comments. 
  • Seems like it is all unravelling with all these on off
    deals currently not on :/
    Let's just trust in Bow to deliver, but soon please Lee eh. ;)
    Is it off?
  • Richard J said:
    _MrDick said:

He’s very quick but has failed a drugs test in the past. Getting a bit now but could do a job 
    Where does this leave Gunter? 

I presume that is a no deal now despite Bowyer's public comments. 
    I’m going to have to give you a whoosh, @Richard J I’m afraid ... Ben Johnson, the athlete, failed a drugs test ... That went right over your head 😂😂
  • I hadn't realised that the Liverpool Liam Miller is Canadian and that his father played for us!

https://www.tsn.ca/canadian-international-liam-millar-making-his-mark-in-the-liverpool-ranks-1.1486525

His father, Alan, played several years for England's Charlton Athletic before an injury cut his career short. Growing up, Liam played for Brampton Youth SC and North Mississauga.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hadn't realised that the Liverpool Liam Miller is Canadian and that his father played for us!

https://www.tsn.ca/canadian-international-liam-millar-making-his-mark-in-the-liverpool-ranks-1.1486525

His father, Alan, played several years for England's Charlton Athletic before an injury cut his career short. Growing up, Liam played for Brampton Youth SC and North Mississauga.
    Give is a N....... 
  • edited October 2020

_MrDick said:

I certainly get the impression from those comments that Bowyer wasn't a huge fan of Bonne & like a few on here, he obviously thinks it's a great deal & can use the money to improve the squad.

Interesting as those comments are quite unlike Bowyer
  • Only at Charlton would we sell our top scorer and his potential replacement falls through on the same day 
  • Just wonder if the takeover has not done Dill. Phillips any favours.
    We're not in need of cash now, so do not need to sell him.
    Maybe he's waiting to see if a championship comes along and if not will sign his contract offer from the club.
    If I were Bows I'd want him to show a bit more commitment to the club and help us to win promotion.
    I'd be a rotten sod and threaten to withdraw his contract offer, forcing him (or his agent) to find a club or spend the next season not playing while his contract is winding down.
    But then that's why I'm not a football manager and Bows is.  

• _MrDick said:

I certainly get the impression from those comments that Bowyer wasn't a huge fan of Bonne & like a few on here, he obviously thinks it's a great deal & can use the money to improve the squad.

It's almost exactly what he said about Josh Magennis. 
  • Just wonder if the takeover has not done Dill. Phillips any favours.
    We're not in need of cash now, so do not need to sell him.
    Maybe he's waiting to see if a championship comes along and if not will sign his contract offer from the club.
    If I were Bows I'd want him to show a bit more commitment to the club and help us to win promotion.
    I'd be a rotten sod and threaten to withdraw his contract offer, forcing him (or his agent) to find a club or spend the next season not playing while his contract is winding down.
    But then that's why I'm not a football manager and Bows is.  

His contract offer is likely to be very different now under the wage cap, should've signed it when he had the chance

• Cafc43v3r said:

_MrDick said:

Bowyer like a player with good 1st touch, quick feet and able to pass and move.

• Oggy Red said:

Cafc43v3r said:

_MrDick said:

Bowyer like a player with good 1st touch, quick feet and able to pass and move.
    So Leko returns?
  • J BLOCK said:
    Re Schwartz. I’ve been told it’s all about the scheduling of payments. Initially I heard that his Danish club wanted to loan him for a fee but then accepted a bid. Player agreed terms but then the nitty gritty of the deal has broken down. I’m fairly confident that’s correct. 
    Is it off?
    Currently. Yes. 
    Would you like to join withdrawn or cling on for green should it still happen?